The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 4: Eels v Roosters @ Allianz

slip

slip

Monday night. 
zepha75

zepha75

10 days to get their act together or otherwise, see the wooden spoon creep back *facepalm* 
crow

crow

the unfortunate thing is that the Eels have gone backwards from round 1, all in all still a lot better that the previous 2 years, but they need to get more consistency. There defense close to there line is terrible and the offense looks to be lost. Hayne got the offense working a few times but he didnt involve himself enough. He also needs to not argue with the referee for so long.

So far we have gone from playing great to a more than acceptable loss and to a game where they just played stupid and totally lost there way. What do we have in store for next week? 
slip

slip

How are the Roosters going form wise? They have won their last two games, could be a third coming.:( 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Bronco's didn't really throw anything at them to test their defence, but still they defended a huge number of tackles within their own 20, which was a fairly awesome effort regardless of the insipid attack.

Roosters made good meters through the middle, but also struggled in the opposition twenty to put together a decent set. They also gave away a shitload of possession through unforced errors or stupid penalties.

To beat them I think we will need to be a lot more creative and not simply continue to kick early for field position. I don't mind it as a tactic, as the danger of Sandow's boot keeps the back three on their toes, but to do it every set makes us far too predicable and the tactic far less effective. 
slip

slip

Seems then, the Roosters are wining the games they're expected to win, but against the top sides they still have more improvement. 
alchemist

alchemist

the Eels won't win the spoon this year 
zepha75

zepha75

I hope not, but if we don't get our arse into gear, well.....who the hell knows? 
crow

crow

even if we do get the wooden spoon but happen to win one more game than we did last season then we are heading in the right direction. 
annav3

annav3

wow which team is the more likely to score points? 
crow

crow

who knows but the score should be close??? 
alchemist

alchemist

i don't think you'll play finals but you have shown more than the Warriors + Dragons so far... a few more teams i think the Eels will push as well 
zepha75

zepha75

I actually backed the Dragons this week because I thought they haven't won in Canberra for something like 12 years, maybe it's time? However, the Warriors, Dragons and the Eels need some soul searching at the moment. At least Sandow has his sh*t together, better than last year.

Keating is dreadful and I realise some like to give it Roberts, but when the hooker, half back and fullback haven't got a significant understanding with each others game, that means it's going to be a long drawn out year...not for the better either. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I'll be there.
Looking forward to it. 
alchemist

alchemist

do pass on my worst regards to SBW should he get in earshot 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I'm afraid I'll be high up in the SFS Member's area, a bit out of range for a good screaming match.
I might be able to hit him with a few fifty cent pieces though - we Parra fans have pretty good aim with those. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
lshadeye - I understand they may be held where the pool winners are from? so pool a cc slm at logan and pool b Townsville cc up there
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168