The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2: Eels v Bulldogs @ ANZ

Bryco30

Bryco30

Sky Tv got the deal done the opening morning of the season. We get all games live! And always a direct feed from 9 or fox unless the Warriors are playing at home and then we get a NZ team but they are woeful. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

It was done for strength not survival. Besides St George was the steelers savior as they would of gone bust without St George.

20 Spoons.... anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I bet the parramatta eels would like your dream to come true also :) 
bandwagon

bandwagon

And I suppose we were at full strength?

Or would that be a little inconvenient to recognise?

I'm pretty sure I've nailed who the ****in' moron is here. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Doesn't fit his agenda he thinks the dogs were the underdog. Yet moans like a whore if any parra fan should dare feel optimistic about their team :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

the Eels won't be winning the spoon this year and we won't be Minor Premiers... so it was a lot closer contest tonight

and its early in the season... the manner in which wins occur means little... the table need only keep ticking over until July/August 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I am doing my best to remain civil, your contribution is noted. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I'll ignore Hasler for now and just give my notes about the game.

*First of all....f**k Thursday night football.

*Good to see Tanginoa and Toutai have solid debuts. Toutai held pretty well in defence but didn't have much chance in attack. Tanginoa in his little time on the field impressed greatly. Some very good runs up the middle.

*Loko just keeps going. Seems every time he gets the ball I end up with a smile on my face. I know it's only two games into the season but I am expecting some big things from him.

*Our defence overall was good. A couple of poor decisions in the first half gave them two tries, but it hardened up in the second and we kept forcing turnovers.

* Those turnovers led to plenty of posession and field position that we just couldn't capitalise on. It was a worry, but you have to consider that Maitua was off the field for the entire second half and Hayne was hobbling around pretty much being useless. After having Kelly already out that really stunted our attack.

*You all know how much I hate losing to the Bulldogs. I'm pretty disappointed right now...but not as much as I have been previously. We have to remember that, yes they had some big name players out, but they are still a team that won the Minor Premiership last year and made the GF. We were the wooden spooners. To only go down by two points and have them defend like they did throughout the game made me think that it might not be all that bad. There will be plenty of teams worse than us this year (but I still don't think we'll make the 8). Injuries of course will play a big part though.

* We have something to build on here. If we can put up a good effort against the Tigers next week we can definitely win that game. Hopefully Reni and Jarryd will be ok to play (and maybe Kelly as well).

* And lastly.....seriously, f**k Thursday night football. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Alchemist is here YAY now we have some intelligence from a bulldogs perspective :) 
zepha75

zepha75

Doesn't help if you go to Belmore :lol: Well, at least you can get a good feed that the club and also, good take away. :D 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

TSQ is getting to Homebush on a Thursday Night and Out of there as bad as it sounds in theory? 
alchemist

alchemist

should the powers-that-be at Parramatta not wish to retain Master Loko, do kindly give him directions to Belmore 
Hasler

Hasler

Bandwagon, r u still here? I thought for sure you would have jumped ship by now;) Mate considering the cattle we had missing that was a herculean effort by our boys, r u serious? Like I said in another post when the storm win a game without their big 3 everybody sings their praises regardless of who they play. When the "baby broncos" get a win during origin time people have a wankfest over it. But when the Bulldogs beat a side who put 40 on another side the week before without their most important 4 players people act like we were at full strength.....Question if your Mob won a game against any side in the comp missing Hayne, Moi Moi, Mannah and maitua would you pleased with their effort??? 
bandwagon

bandwagon

True . a win is a win is a win. But there are losses and then there are losses. And whilst i am disappointed as always to lose, I'm fairly happy with how we lost. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Hands off. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Getting in and out was no problem for me.
I don't park in the multi-storey lot so I never get stuck in. Only idiots park there.
No my problem with Thursday night footy is that I have to work tomorrow and I didn't get home until after 11:00pm.
Lucky I'm not on the early shift tomorrow or I would be in a pretty bad state all day. 
Hasler

Hasler

If it was done for strength, then that in itself is acknowledgment that your club was weak as piss. Again whatever helps you sleep too, enjoy your season too minnow 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

maybe your "virus" will return tomorrow :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

yeah, i am not a fan either when it is my team playing 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

If we let him go then I'm leading a revolt.
Some of those Canterbury blokes will be having nightmares tonight about him running at them.
Unbelievable how he can catch a ball with a standing start, opposition right up in his face already, and he just powers through them and makes us ten metres. He was just throwing blokes off him. Unfortunately he couldn't get any decent balls away this week like he did last week. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

For you guys to become decent you basically had to buy everything at Manly (coach, star players, coaching staff etc) :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

the boy has got some strength... man handled T-Rex 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

you know the rule they don't like players directly from you guys has to spend a few years at Manly before any interest is shown ;) 
alchemist

alchemist

hey, between 2004 and 2008 we were like a carcass on the Serengeti being picked apart by vultures... drastic measures were needed 
Goodsy

Goodsy

From now on send all your predictions to my inbox by Thursday morning, thank you ! 
zepha75

zepha75

He has talent, but hopefully ricky will teach him that. Also, are you an English Teacher who was retrenched years ago? :D 

Recent Rugby League Posts

buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
Bull66 - Anyone going to have a crack at naming the Qld 16 team ?
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168