[h=1]Canterbury Bulldogs beat Parramatta Eels 20-16 in NRL round two[/h]
[LIST]
[*] News Limited Network
[*] March 14, 2013
[/LIST]

[LIST]
[*] Bulldogs 20 Eels 16
[/LIST]

THE Canterbury Bulldogs have scored a 20-16 win over the Parramatta Eels at ANZ Stadium tonight to get their 2013 season underway.

It was a game of contrasting halves in which all the points were scored in the first stanza.
Defence was not a high priority as the Bulldogs scored four tries to three to secure their 20-16 lead in the first half.
In the second period that outlook changed as both sides muscled up and prevented the other from finding a breakthrough.

10.00pm AEDT - Incredible turnaround in defence from the first half. Less than two minutes left and there's been no points scored this half. Still 20-16

9.40pm AEDT - Twenty minutes left and it's still Bulldogs 20 Eels 16.

Halftime:
The Dogs have scored four tries to three.
The Bulldogs got off to a flyer and were up 10-0 after only 8 minutes through tries to Josh Jackson and MItch Brown.
But Parramatta hit back shortly afterwards when Matt Ryan grabbed a fortuitous rebound off a bomb and crashed over in the 12th minute to reduce the deficit.
The free-flowing footy continued and Cheyse Blair went over in the corner for the Eels in the 18th minute before Josh Reynold scored for the Dogs three minutes later.
The Dogs scored again through Sam Perrett before Cheyse Blair scored his second a minute before halftime.
Canterbury had the chance to go further ahead right on halftime but Inu missed his 52m penalty attempt.
For the Eels, Darcy Lussick was placed on report for a high shot on Dale Finucane that forced the Dogs star off the field with concussion.
Replays appeared to show Finucane was falling into the tackle.
Channel 9 reports Parramatta's Reni Maitua has damaged ankle ligaments and won't return to the field. 
slip

slip

Parra couldn't deliver the knock out blow. It's a concern. I thought Ricky brought an attitude to Parra about putting the foot on the throat when your opponent is struggling. 
slip

slip

Only 25,000 fans. If it was on a Friday, would of seen more people. 
Hasler

Hasler

Didn't I tell you we weren't the warriors you blessed minnows. Where was the Hayne plane? where were all those long range tries and line breaks?..... Our three best forwards not playing, the reigning dally m player of the year not playing, numerous occasions where the referee gifted you field position and spared you from having to defend your line not to mention the fact that we played possibly our worst game in two years and you still couldn't beat us, LOLLLLL. And some of these morons had the audacity to mention winning the premiership. If you were ever gonna beat us this was your chance and you failed miserably.....Have nice week thinking how you couldn't even beat the dogs missing four of their top 5 best players. Pathetic. 
NJShady

NJShady

^^^ lol wow. Bulldogs are a fantastic side. Credit to them. It's nice to see that Parra was in the game. Last year they would have been belted. 
Hasler

Hasler

If we had our full side YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN BELTED! 
bandwagon

bandwagon

The world is full of if's little man. 
Hasler

Hasler

I can't wait for round 20, so those of you who were talking yourselves up can see the massacre that should've occurred tonight....you guys better pray teams don't get anywhere near your try line this year. Up the Mighty BULLDOGS! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Where is the proof? All threads I read the eels were talking themselves down and had you guys as favourites.

Geeze you guys must of been off to only beat last years wooden spooners by 4 pts and you guys are defending minor premiers ;) 
NJShady

NJShady

Your arrogance blinds you. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Just for you Mr Hasler

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NRLLadder/tabid/10251/Default.aspx

You'll note despite your win, we will finish the round ahead of your unseemly mob. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I am glad he is around I now have a reason to hate the dogs. Fans like Annav3 and ALchemist make me like them as they are great members :) 
Hasler

Hasler

Are you semi retarted? Did you read anything I wrote? I said we played our worst game in two years in attack, not to mention the slight little hurdle of having the four players who are most important in our attacking structure missing. I would call that being off you moron....Also, there were posters in here saying they were gonna win by fifty and that if they beat us they would be considered premiership threats. The only joy they can take out of what will again be a long season for the parrascum is that the Dragons are the only side in the comp with less depth and attacking flair. Enjoy the spoon this year champ. 
Bryco30

Bryco30

Called lt! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Dragons have never won the spoon so tell me how does it feel to win one. As a dogs fan you know all about it :) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

yep so how is the coverage in NZ? DO you guys get a direct feed off 9 or your own independent commentary team? 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Quite a rant there Mr Hasler, Compensating for something are we? 
Hasler

Hasler

Lolll, l If that's what's gonna help you sleep tonight bud then you hold on to that....while your busy searching for consulation prizes I will sleep with a big fat smile on my face dreaming about the fifth time we have beaten your side on the trot. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

LOL. Just make sure you turn up here after your losses this year as well.

Don't be a like many Broncos fans and stop posting the week after a loss. :lol: 
Eels

Eels

You played your worst game in attack because the Parramatta young and inexperienced backline kept forcing Bulldog errors.
Looks like you can't even get around a few 22 year olds only in their second year. :D 
Hasler

Hasler

It's ironic that your pathetic club was in that much of a shambles that it had to merge with a club called the "steelers" of all things in order for it to survive. Ironic because you basically had to "steal" an entire regions identity and pretend it was your own just so you could have a side to support. I would rather get fifty spoons then have to suffer the humiliation of having to divide my great club in two. The majority of the decent players you've had have all come from the illawarra region, yet it is the dragons name that is chanted while the club which was responsible for all your recent successes is pushed slowly into obscurity. Pathetic. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

If you can sleep with a smile on your face after that, well done, personally if I were you, I'd be a little concerned that last years wooden spoon side beat you for a better part of the game.

But of course feel free to ignore that, as I'm sure you will. 
Hasler

Hasler

Fail...No moron maybe it had something to with the fact that the players responsible for creating much of our attacking oppurtunities weren't playing, what do you reckon? ...Maybe??? Here we go, one minute you are world beaters now you are poor little twenty two year olds which one is it? Im confused 
zepha75

zepha75

Your best player has gambling and alcohol problems, well at least you don't pay a coach under the table...no sh*t. Parra have morals, more so than those f****** dogs :lol: 
alchemist

alchemist

we do aspire to become a seemly mob ;) 

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181