The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 2: Eels v Bulldogs @ ANZ

TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I saw him carry 5 blokes 10m to score a try in the trial at Campbelltown this year.
It may have only been for Wenty, but damn he was impressive. 
Hasler

Hasler

durrr loll....eels suporters giving literacy advice??? what's next financial advice from souths supporters? 
MrChook

MrChook

Hehe, I'm starting to like this guy. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Sure...maybe then we can look forward to some crowd safety tips from the Bulldogs.
Or accounting tips from the Storm. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

the storm are good at accounting they kept records on their deception :lol: 
Hasler

Hasler

next eels fans will be enlightening us all on the secrets to player retention and recruitment 
Hasler

Hasler

T.S, brother unless I ask you a question about how to deal with disappointment, assume that I'm not looking to you for an answer or response 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

And the Bulldogs can remind us of their "Bred Not Bought" strategy. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Not even if you need to know about what it's like to follow a club with integrity?
Surely you must be wondering. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Hello Mr Hasler, welcome to the forums. I can see already we will get along famously. 
Hasler

Hasler

Nope. Plenty of integrity and more importantly "dignity" over on this side. Like I said, only questions relating to managing loss. Thanks. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

So in other words you will have TSQ on speed-dial for 2013 for his assistance. 
Hasler

Hasler

Bandwagon...See T.S, You could learn a lot from this bloke. Judging by his name he has done away with the shackles of having to support his team through all that struggle and heartache of the last thirty years, he doesn't pretend anymore that disappointment is normal, he has learnt to jump on and off the bandwagon like countless other Eels supporters. If only more Eels supporters were this honest regarding the nature of their support. Then maybe I'd believe all that horseshit about integrity...either that or he is a Daniel Wagon fan, seeing as though he'd be the only one the first scenario seems more likely. 
Hasler

Hasler

and you'll have to move in with him.... 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I see perhaps that recognition of sarcasm is not your strong suit Mr Hasler. Never mind.

You'll fit right in......... 
Hasler

Hasler

Was that you being sarcastic again, you sly devil you? Good for you. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

havn't we said similar things to saggy in the past :lol: 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Moniker, the post was far too obvious. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Sarcasm is only a small part of communication, Saggy struggles with the whole.

Our new friend Mr Hasler however would seem to have a reasonable grasp of the English language.

I'm not entirely sure he's a Dogs fan. 
eelboy

eelboy

Inu is a strange player - he does have fast feet, but he isnt that quick....if he does wrong foot Loko he may not be quick enough to get away from him....Gasnier did a job on Loko a few years ago...but Gasnier had the pace. I really hope Loko gets a few games under his belt and builds his confidence -he could win us some matches.

The banning of hte shoulder charge (or maybe Sticky) seems to have helped Sandows defence...he stays with the line and makes the tackle...hope he keeps it up. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Did you notice how Dane Nielson was able to score his try?
Sandow rushed out of the line and missed him leaving the gap.
He's gotten better, but there's still a long way to go just yet.

edit: While he doesn't actually rush out of the line, he makes the mistake by taking the inside man instead of sliding with the rest of the team. 
crow

crow

[h=1]Eels sticking with Stuart doesn't surprise Morris[/h] Date March 13, 2013
[h=3]http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/by/Michael-Chammas Michael Chammas [/h]

Canterbury centre Josh Morris, who worked under Ricky Stuart at Origin level, insists he wasn't surprised by Parramatta's eye-opening first-round performance.
Morris found out first-hand just how much importance Stuart places on team camaraderie in the NSW Origin team last year and said he saw that in the way the Eels played against the Warriors last Saturday.
''From my experience with Ricky in Origin, he wants you to play for [your] mates and be a really close unit and they certainly looked that on the weekend,'' Morris said before Thursday night's clash with the Eels at ANZ Stadium.
''We're under no illusion that it's going to be a tough game. They'll bring enthusiasm and aggression and look to beat us because the last couple of times we've had the wood over them.''
Morris' Bulldogs centre partner, Krisnan Inu, who spent many years at Parramatta before joining the Warriors and Canterbury, signalled a light-hearted warning to his childhood friend and Eels superstar Jarryd Hayne.
''It still excites me going up against my brothers over there,'' Inu said. ''Jarryd, No.1, I'm coming for you. It was always a big battle being at Parra playing against the Bulldogs and now that I'm at the Bulldogs it's the same with Parra. It's a love-hate relationship between both clubs.''
Bulldogs coach Des Hasler has again named Steve Turner at fullback, despite using Drury Low at the back in the grand finalists' opening round loss to North Queensland. But even Turner admitted he would remain on the wing for Thursday night's game.
The Bulldogs players insist that Low isn't burdened by the responsibility of replacing Ben Barba and Morris said he is under no pressure to have the same impact as the troubled speedster.
Five-eighth Josh Reynolds, who is in the final stages of negotiations to extend his contract at the club, said it was ill discipline - not the absence of Barba, Sam Kasiano, Frank Pritchard and James Graham - that crippled his side against the Cowboys.

crow

crow

THURSDAY
PARRAMATTA EELS v CANTERBURY BULLDOGS at ANZ Stadium, 8.05pm
EELS: Jarryd Hayne, Ken Sio, Ryan Morgan, Jacob Loko, Cheyse Blair, Joseph Paulo, Chris Sandow, Mitch Allgood, Matt Keating, Tim Mannah, Reni Maitua, Ben Smith, Matt Ryan. Interchange: Ben Roberts, Darcy Lussick, Fuifui Moimoi, Kelepi Tanginoa.
Advertisement
BULLDOGS: Steve Turner, Drury Low, Josh Morris, Krisnan Inu, Sam Perrett, Josh Reynolds, Kris Keating, Aiden Tolman, Michael Ennis (capt), Martin Taupau, Tony Williams, Josh Jackson, Greg Eastwood. Interchange: Dene Halatau, Dale Finucane, David Klemmer, Tim Browne, Mitch Brown (one to be omitted).
Referees: Shayne Hayne, Alan Shortall. 
zepha75

zepha75

Parra by 16 :). Try scorers ...Hayne 2, Sio, Maitua, Loko. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168