rleague.com

Round 2: Eels v Bulldogs @ ANZ

slip

slip

Can't wait. Thursday 14th March 8.05pm 
View all 208 comments
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Can you provide quotes on these people talking themselves up? 
polisheel

polisheel

Are you willing to concede (for the 2nd week in a row) that Sandow went pretty well? ;-) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Yes.
He kicking game was good tonight and he took the line on well...just couldn't break through though.
Did a great job in setting up Blair's first try.
Unfortunately he was alone out there in the second half. Roberts tried his arse off, but just couldn't get anything to work for him. Paulo also tried but didn't seem to know his role out there. And of course Hayne was playing wounded. I really believe if he wasn't injured then that pass would have been on target. 
Eelace

Eelace

That pass hits the mark and we win. Simple. 
Hasler

Hasler

you know you're in for a long year when you start with the if's....you want me to list our if's lol 
Hasler

Hasler

Andrew, slip and bandwagon....geez scroll through and you'll read their comments you illiterate moron. R u gonna comment on everything I post? fmd not only r u annoying but you actually think you're making sense, how many times do I have to hammer you before yu realise you aren't on my level. 
crow

crow

Hasler, love reading your rants, keep up the good work!!!! 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Are these the posts you refer to to?

Funny, I can't see a lot of "talking us up" there, but as Crow said, keep up the good work. 
polisheel

polisheel

Yeah, even though the execution was poor in the second half & they all looked a bit lost when we were attacking their line (the dogs defended well too), it's pleasing to see everyone having a go...same couldn't always be said last year! 
Eels

Eels

I never stated that the Eels were world beaters. That is a straw man.

Regardless, you couldn't get around the young and inexperienced defence in the 2nd half. You're elated that you beat the wooden spooners by 4. What an achievement!

If you were playing the Storm you wouldn't have faired as well. 
knitey

knitey

I enjoyed the game, thought the Eels were a huge improvement on last season, the defence was solid, I feel that they need a bit more variation in attack, especially in the oppositions 20.

Sandows little show and go became a bit predictable in the second half, and Paulo did too much cross field running.

I f Hayne hadn't been injured I imagine the attack would have been more successful, all up a good solid performance from the Eels, and it will be good to see how they go against some of the other top teams, Rabbits, Storm etc. 
slip

slip

A Bulldogs win must make Hasler upset! :lol:

In the end, I'm happy Parra toughed it out even though they lost. They have a young team that played some good footy. 
eelboy

eelboy

Are you really Campbell Newman? IE A little squirt with delusions of grandeur relating to your own intellect - where as in reality your just a nasty little twerp?...just wondering... 
zepha75

zepha75

:lol: 
crow

crow

the Eels need to tighten up there defense close to the goal line but it is overall a massive improvement on last season.

Also there offense is a huge improvement on last season but it is still a work in progress. They did look pretty lost in the second half against the dogs.

Overall I am pretty happy with the massive improvement all around and as a young team things will only get better over time. Exciting times ahead for the Eels. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I'm thinking the way the ruck is being adjudicated this year will suit us, we have never been particularly strong in the wrestle dept. and we are looking fairly fit.

Our pack is looking pretty mobile, combine that with the faster ruck speed and we are making decent meters through the middle. Just got to sort out our attack within the oppositions 20, that will come. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Yep, can't saw many bad things about our forward pack after the first two games. Ben Smith is looking pretty slow in attack but his defence is still solid - that's about it. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I think it shows just how bad the last few seasons have been when a four-point loss to the Bulldogs has met with mostly upbeat and positive comments. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Are you going to go against the grain? 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I guess we all have lowered our expectations, still, put together a few wins on the trot and we'll expect nothing less.

Also if we are to be realistic, our squad hasn't changed all that much, we have signed a bit of depth, but really Lussick is our biggest signing. So it pretty much boils down to how Sticky's coaching goes, and how well the young blokes develop. That will take a bit of time, so for mine I'd be happy with 2 wins from our first five, and ecstatic if we jagged 3. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Yeah it's not like we expected much. I still don't have us making the 8.
2 from 5 before the season seemed like a pipedream considering who our opponents are...but after recent weeks I don't think 3 from 5 is that far out of the question - actually I'm pretty sure I posted in one of our threads that I think we could get 3 from 5 before the season started.

Look at our first 5 games:

Warriors - were terrible at the end of last year and lost players without gaining any - WIN
Bulldogs - Reigning Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists...but were missing a lot of key players - CLOSE LOSS
Tigers - We saw what happened to them in week 1
Roosters - Have a very good team and will be hard to beat, but were blown away by Souths
Sharks - Have built a reasonable team but have been shattered by recent revelations 
slip

slip

Anyone notice Sandow blowing up at his players? He made a half break close to the try line late in the 2nd half, but there was no support. He was filthy when he was getting up to play the ball. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Stuart has already improved their defence. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

So he should be, even if he hasn't earned the right to be. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

That was pretty obvious against the dogs, our goal line defence still needs work, but we jammed the dogs constantly into their own half.

We should have won, did all else right and won the battle if you look at the stat's, just lacked the cohesion in attack inside the Dogs 20. and their goal line defence in the second half proved to be the difference.

We have played far worse and won. 
alchemist

alchemist

woulda, shoulda, coulda... 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

seaeagles - nothing sensible to say ,you poor excuse for a human fastwater! get a brain & you will be dangerous!
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181