The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 1: Eels v Warriors @ Parramatta

slip

slip

Did you go to the game TS? Was it mostly Parra supporters? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I was there and as you would expect it was mostly Eels supporters.
The Warriors did have a healthy turnout though and boosted the crowd to a disappointing but still reasonable figure.
These are two teams that finished last year very poorly and didn't recruit much for this year. Not much is expected of either team so that would explain the poor crowd.
Still, it was round 1 and a nice sunny day - perfect day to go to the footy. 
slip

slip

Over 13,000 is still decent considering it wasn't another Sydney team. I'm sure over the past decade, 13,000 would be typical for an Eels v Warriors game at Parra, regardless of Parra's form. 
knitey

knitey

Agree, Dogs v Cows...(2 top rated teams)....Crowd....11627. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

At Gosford.
Don't know how many Bulldogs or Cowboys fans they have up there but I doubt it's many.
If it was at ANZ you can easily believe that it would have been at least 18 000 simply by having all the Dogs members turn up. 
chookdance

chookdance

i thought morgan looked outstanding in attack! there was not a bad player for you guys. anyone not in the team will find it hard to get in if those performances keep up 
knitey

knitey

Lots of footy fans on the coast TS, when we lived there, we went to all the games at Bluetongue no matter who was playing......but I see your point. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I can imagine if Newcastle or even Manly was playing there the crowd would be bigger.
Bit selfish of the Dogs to take this game to Gosford in my opinion.
Their fans wait all off-season for the footy and they get a home game for round 1 and it gets taken up to Gosford.

My team's playing a game in Armidale this year. I doubt I will be going...so glad it wasn't round 1. 
slip

slip

I just hope nothing was vandalized or stolen overnight. Worried I'd wake up this morning and find the beach gone!! :P 
knitey

knitey

Does the NRL "reward" clubs for taking home games to regional areas?

If so, the Dogs did a shifty, the CC is hardly regional. 
slip

slip

Compared to Bankstown, the CC would be country. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Not sure.
I think it's good for the game and I'm glad the Eels are taking a game out there (while also being sad I'm missing out on a home game). I'm sure there are certain benefits the club gets out of it - the NRL must at least reimburse them for money lost via smaller attendances and such. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Plenty of people living in Sydney consider Campbelltown to be country.

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if some thought Bankstown was as well. 
knitey

knitey

I agree, I went to the Storm v Broncos trial in Hobart last year and was stoked that teams had brought a game to Tassie, so I imagine people in regional NSW feel the same. 
polisheel

polisheel

That was a pleasure to watch for the most part...I was a bit worried with the first 10mins of both halves but there was a lot to like. Sandow looked really sharp and in control, his kicking game was good. Hayne was good without looking like he was trying/needing to do everything, kept popping up at the right time & place. I thought all 3 captains were good and I couldn't really say we had a bad player. I don't think there were too many times last year when we conceded so few points either.... Long may it continue! 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I'm sure we conceded less against the Knights..............and lost. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

The eels taking a game to Gosford? If so I would suggest going its a great stadium and very convenient to public transport :)

I may even go even though I am not a eels supporter but do have a soft spot for em :lol: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Sorry, should have elaborated that it is Armidale that the Eels are taking a game to.
I have been to BlueTongue Stadium. Went there quite a few years ago for an Eels-Roosters trial match. Very nice stadium. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Almost.
It was 14-6. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181