The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Round 1: Eels v Warriors @ Parramatta

slip

slip

Only 3 hours till kick-off. If Parra lose, blame Sandow, it seems to be the thing to do. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

We always find someone to blame.
Matt Keating is a popular scapegoat. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Story of your life a player is crap until they leave Parra. Whats next Daniel Mortimer becomes a superstar for Sydney Roosters :lol: 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Happens every side.

Brisbane lost blame Wallace

when we lose tomorrow I don't know who will get blamed more Soward or Beale? 
slip

slip

Hayne is the opposite. If we lose, Hayne was injured. :lol: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Mortimer actually went alright on Friday night.
Added a bit of spark to a crappy Roosters side. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Only for Eels supporters.
He is easily the biggest target for non-supporters to aim at. They will talk about how he didn't do enough to win the game despite setting up three tries and scoring one himself all because he was out of position one time to stop a try his teammates should have stopped themselves. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

so its already happening even with danny boy :lol: 
slip

slip

Mortimer is another Anasta, needs to play in a very good team to be regarded OK. Brett Finch was the same. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

wasn't it gus that first gave us this kind of ammo with his positioning and self-fish play I remember he said it when critiquing a parramatta match once. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I'll be happy if he turns out to be a good player.
I want to see him do well for some reason. I just like the kid...he's such a hard worker and seems like a nice guy. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

He seemed to stat it and then everybody ran with it.
He wasn't wrong about his comments, but was way too harsh on him.
For someone who can never seem to see Benji Marshall do anything wrong I find it hard to take that he went after Hayne in that way. 
slip

slip

One and a half hours to go. Bit worried about the big Warriors forwards. Hayne will bring em down. :I :P 
knitey

knitey

Your U20's are having a field day...30-4 at half time. 
slip

slip

Hayne must be playing. Is there anything he can't do? 
slip

slip

40-10 Parra win. I don't think Parra put in a performance like that under Kearney. Hopefully they have turned the corner. 
knitey

knitey

Well done boys......hopefully a better year for you guys. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Congrats on the great win Parra and all the best for the coming season. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Cheers Muppet.
Hope your team has a better year than this round suggested. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I am going to start this post with something I never thought I'd say:
*takes deep breath*
Chris Sandow was brilliant today.
There I said it.

It was a great all-round team performance by the Eels.
Defence was mostly solid. Attack was inventive and flowed well most of the time.
We were a bit sloppy in the opening stages when it came to ball-handling and penalties, but we held firm and got out to a good lead. Most surprisingly, we went on with it afterwards though.

Our forwards laid a terrific platform. Lussick and Allgood were running it up strong and hitting hard in defence. Mannah started slowly but looked good when he got going. Fui was solid. Matt Ryan had some terrific runs showing some good footwork just before the line. I was quite impressed with his play.

Best thing about this win was that Hayne was relatively quiet. Sure he scored three tries, but he wasn't expected to set up everything. We were able to score points without Hayne being the go-to guy every time which gives me some real hope. In saying that, when Hayne did get the ball he was very good. Loved him skipping across the field looking for a hole and using his strength to try and get through, as well as his support play which earned him his tries.

Jacob Loko was a beast. All us Parra supporters have known for a while how special this kid could be and I think today we saw what he is capable of. We scored at least three or four tries directly after a big run from Loko. I hope he plays out the whole year because I just want to keep seeing him play. He will have the odd game here and there where he is poor, but I think we are on to a good thing here.

Special mentions to Cheyse Blair, Ryan Morgan and Joseph Paulo. All three had tremendous games. Blair's defence was great, especially considering he was awful in that area last year. He scrambled really well at times. Morgan was very good - the try he set up for Ryan with his swerving run was sublime. Even if Willie Tonga is fit next week I doubt you could drop any of these guys. And lastly Paulo was dangerous with the ball in his hands all day.

Oops, almost forgot Maitua who was very strong.

I think we have a good chance against the Bulldogs next week if we fix up our handling problems. They have a lot of key players out and struggled to score points against the Cowboys today. Can't wait until Thursday! 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Wow that was long.
I guess I got a bit excited there.

Can you blame me though? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

False hope? 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Before we get too excited, our first 20 - 25 mins was extremely poor, fortunately the Warriors were just as bad. If we give away field position like that next week, we will go into half time chasing a very large lead.

Hopefully that was just round one jitters.

Like you said TS, Hayne played great in support, in fact I'd go as far as saying he played how Sticky would have had him play to earn selection for the Blues, obviously no coincidence.

Sandow's running to the line was just awesome. They just couldn't contain him.

But most pleasing was how our forwards muscled up, the Warriors are not a team you simply roll over the top of, and whilst they were not at full strength, we contained them well, and easily matched them in the go forward.

The other thing that pleased me no end, was we didn't drop our heads when the call for the no try went against us and the Warriors scored on the ensuing set. Last couple of seasons that would have meant game over.

Early days, but Roberts as utility may be exactly what he needs to find some consistency, 80 mins on the field gives him too many opportunities for a brain explosion. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Yes, you are right about the start of the game bandwagon.
But I did like how we pulled ourselves out of it and started playing some footy. In the Tigers trial we did the same, giving them way too much field position through dropped balls and then we seemingly gave up because of it. I know it was only a trial but I was worried it would be like that throughout the season. They proved that they have the confidence in themselves - although I'm wondering how it would have been if the Warriors were awarded that first try. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Also, was anyone else worried that when Roberts put the kick through for Sio's second try that he was going to throw a massive forward pass over the sideline? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168