Tonga probably won't play again.

Good signing. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

What is his injury? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Back injury.
Pretty sure he's had problems with it before.

If he can't get on the field within the first few rounds then he may as well retire.
No use sending a young bloke back down just to watch Tonga hobble around. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Ah well. Seems Loko will have his hands full.

Good to see Smith on his inside, should help. 
polisheel

polisheel

I think that's about as good as we've got at the moment....I was hoping to see Tonga string a few games together and hopefully hit a bit of form! 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Ok, so....hands up who's going.
:wave: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

With him on one side and Hurrell on the other, that's a couple of massive centres out there. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Also it will be interesting to see how Leuluai goes.
We tried to sign him from his English club for the 2005 season but they wouldn't release him...so we ended up having to play Tim Smith. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Hurrell concerns me, could well prove the difference if he gets quality ball. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

He may get that quality ball if Johnson is on his game.
Hopefully he plays more like he did in the All Stars game. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Did he play? Didn't notice.

Mind you, was quite a few allstars who were conspicuous by their apparent absence. 
crow

crow

Tonga injured, wow what a stunning piece of news, I hope he does retire asap, he is just a hindrance to the salary cap. What a lousy signing he has been. 
slip

slip

Why did Parra keep Tonga and get rid of Justin Horo? At least Horo would play more games. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Because he has been terrible for the last two years and not worth keeping.
Sure, Tonga has played few games for us, but he is off contract at the end of the year and will give us more money to spend for 2014. 
crow

crow

Parramatta Eels v New Zealand Warriors
Date March 6, 2013
Parramatta Stadium, Saturday 5.30pm (AEDT)
Last meeting: Round 2 2012 - Warriors 36 bt Eels 20 at Parramatta Stadium
Head-to-head: Eels 17 Warriors 13 drawn
Referees: Jared Maxwell, Adam Gee
TV: FoxSports 1, live
TAB Sportsbet: Eels $1.80 Warriors $2.00
FootyTab: Warriors +1.5
Phil Mitchell's preview: Few clubs were as glad to see the back of last season as Parramatta and the Warriors. The Eels crashed to their first wooden spoon in 40 years, resulting in the sacking of coach Stephen Kearney and the appointment of Ricky Stuart. While the Warriors didn't quite plumb the same depths as the Eels, their end-of-season capitulation was embarrassing. They were well in finals contention before losing their final eight games - including a couple of fearful hammerings by Cronulla (45-4) and North Queensland (52-12) - to finish 14th.
Like Kearney, Warriors coach Brian McClennan was sent packing before the end of his season, and eventually replaced by Matthew Elliott. Stuart and Elliott have a long list of challenges ahead of them, not least of which is getting the best out of their respective halfbacks Chris Sandow and Shaun Johnson, who both had 2012 seasons they would rather forget. Whoever gets the better of that battle on Saturday night will probably walk away a winner.
Two sides who will be as eager as any to leave a very forgettable 2012 behind with an impressive first up performance. Parramatta's trial form was woeful but new coach Ricky Stuart will have them up for this one.

Advertisement
Stuart's opposite Matthew Elliott will be equally keen to impress his new bosses after eyebrows were raised following his appointment. This has the potential to be one of the most entertaining games of the round between two teams desperate for a winning start.
Key: How enigmatic halfback Chris Sandow responds to the mentoring of premiership-winning playmaker Stuart and whether the former NSW coach can bring out the best in captain Jarryd Hayne.
EELS: Jarryd Hayne (capt), Ken Sio, Ryan Morgan, Jacob Loko, Cheyse Blair, Luke Kelly, Chris Sandow, Darcy Lussick, Matt Keating, Tim Mannah, Reni Maitua (capt), Ben Smith, Joseph Paulo. Interchange: Ben Roberts, Fuifui Moimoi, Mitchell Allgood, Matt Ryan.
WARRIORS: Kevin Locke, Glen Fisiiahi, Dane Nielsen, Konrad Hurrell, Manu Vatuvei, Thomas Leuluai, Shuan Johnson, Sam Rapria, Elijah Taylor, Ben Matulino, Feleti Mateo, Simon Mannering (capt), Todd Lowrie. Interchange: Ben Henry, Jacob Lillyman, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Pita Godinet, Steve Rapria, Charlie Gubb (two to be omitted). 
slip

slip

Parra are favourites. :lol: 
crow

crow

I tip the Eels to win this one. I dont think they will win any of there next 4 though 
eelboy

eelboy

Good question....better question is why did we buy Tonga? He rides on the back of one good origin game...and otherwise spends most of the time injured. Horo will go well at Manly. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Tonga has had way more than just one good Origin game.
He was definitely injury-prone, which I was concerned about when we signed him, but he is without a doubt a quality player. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

TSQ is a bit of a fan of Horo from memory :) 
craigcooper

craigcooper

I don't think we have ever been favourites with any Aussie bookmakers. 
zepha75

zepha75

I'm sure there are Kiwi bookies! Actually, they are residents here in Australia :lol: 
slip

slip

Kiwis don't have to apply for citizenship. Lucky them, move to the best country in the world so easily. :) 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I was....in his first year.
He displayed some skill and did some good stuff. Had promise.
Then he decided to play like he didn't give a f**k and got lazy.
His game for Manly last night was pretty good so I guess it was the best thing for him to leave. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181