The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

RLeague Cup

bandwagon

bandwagon

Anyone interested nominate their Possie.

I'll fill 'em in as we go.

1 Chewbacca ( c )
2 Cumberland
3 Hrt_rulz01
4 Aspley Owl
5 Wombat
6 Slip
7 Ts Quint
8 Blue_n_gold_army
9 Crow ( GK )
10 Muttman
11 Rodw32
12 ParraEelsNrl
13 Bandwagon

14 Polish Eel
15 DFC005
16 Eelboy
17 Reddyeel

18 Rsags85
19 Marcus1979 
View all 230 comments
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Glad you're happy crow. :( 
slip

slip

9rs first half was ordinary, Ravens on the other hand played football. The better team won. 
slip

slip

Banjos v Spoons

The Banjos opened the scoring early on with a penalty goal to Sam I Am in the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] minute.

4[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Sam I Am goal; Banjos 2-0

The response from the Spoons was swift and effective, as they added a try, then a penalty goal, and then another two tries and at the quarter-way mark they had opened up a big lead, courtesy of some wonderful play by their ‘spine’ – as Chewbacca, Crow, Slip and T.S. Quint combined to create havoc in attack.

7[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Chewbacca try, Crow goal; Spoons 6-2
13[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Crow goal; Spoons 8-2
18[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Cumberland try, Crow goal; Spoons 14-2
20[SUP]th[/SUP] min: T.S.Quint try, Crow goal (4/4); Spoons 20-2

The Banjos had to rally and they did so, managing to at least stop the rot. The Spoons, though, had the wind at their sails and were well on top of their opponents, who managed to hold on despite the heavy scoreline. The Spoons then opened their defence up again right before halftime, running in their fourth try to take an almost unassailable lead into the break.

40[SUP]th[/SUP] min: T.S.Quint try, Crow goal; Spoons 26-2

Half time
Banjos – 2
Spoons – 26

The only way was up for the Banjos and they started the second half with a try to Maroon4Life, as Hancock02 risked a short kick from their first set of the half that Foordy collected, then passed off to the unmarked Banjos winger for their first try of the match.

42[SUP]nd[/SUP] min: Maroon4life try, Sam I Am goal; Spoons 26-8

The Banjos gained confidence from the early try and looked a much better team for it, and scored next following a penalty, as Sam I Am dived over from dummy half.

53[SUP]rd[/SUP] min: Sam I Am try and goal; Spoons 26-14

The Spoons lead had been cut in half and as the Banjos gained confidence, so did they lose the same, and when the Banjos forced a dropout in the 67[SUP]th[/SUP] minute, the Spoons never even looked like holding them out, as Morkel crossed the line to cut the deficit to a converted try.

67[SUP]th[/SUP] minute: Morkel try, Sam I Am goal; Spoons 26-20

The Spoons had a long way to go to claim a win, with the Banjos finishing fast, but a series of close misses and errors from them took their toll, as they simply couldn’t find another try to get the match back onto an even keel, and T.S.Quint iced the game in the 79[SUP]th[/SUP] minute with a drop goal.

79[SUP]th[/SUP] min: T.S.Quint field goal; Spoons 27-20

Full time
Spoons – 27
T.S.Quint (2), Chewbacca, Cumberland tries; Crow 5/5 goals; T.S.Quint field goal
Banjos – 20
Maroon4Life, Sam I Am, Morkel tries; Sam I Am 4/4 goals

Golden Keyboard
T.S.Quint - 3
Slip - 2
Sam I Am - 1 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

A man of the match performance against the reigning premiers.
I'm more useful to this team than I thought. 
slip

slip

Golden Keyboard Tally

slip 9
TS Quint 7
Chewbacca 5
Crow 4
H 1
Wombat 1 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Ladder updated, and that win has put on top at 9 points with four rounds to go.

We will play, Spivs, Barbarians, Pokies and Snoozers.

two more wins should see us in the finals. Barbarians and Banjos are both on six points, but will still play each other meaning the best they can finish on is 12 and 14 points.

The Snoozers in second on 7 points could still finish on top but will need to win 3 games

The Spivs and Pokies are both on 4 points, either could still make the finals but will need 4 from 4. They face each other in the final round, which could either be do or die, or a battle for the spoon. 
slip

slip

Spivs v Spoons

The Spoons had been flying high since their demolition in round 1 at the hands of the Banjos and had not lost since, while the Spivs were sitting at 2-4 and needing a win to have any chance of figuring in the finals.

The match see-sawed in the first half, as the Spoons got away to a 12-0 lead as Chewbacca set up the first two tries of the match to Wombat and BNGA before the Spivs counterpunched with three straight tries as their backline proved to be far too difficult for the Spoons defence to handle.

The match settled down after the early flurry of activity, but the Spoons then had a lull on either side of half time which cost them badly as the Spivs pounced, racing in three tries in the 38[SUP]th[/SUP], 44[SUP]th[/SUP] and 47[SUP]th[/SUP] minutes of play to have them in the box seat at 34-12, drawing similar comparisons to the Spoons opening round loss.

Much as the Spoons had been punished for a mental lapse, the Spivs then rested on their laurels and were caught out, with the Spoons then coming to life and scoring three unanswered tries of their own to have the match precariously poised at 34-30 to the Spivs in the 66[SUP]th[/SUP] minute.

Strangely enough, those were the last points of the match as the Spivs inflicted the first loss on the Spoons since round 1 and kept their finals chances alive.

Spivs – 34
Mr Poultry, UGoodThings, Tricolours, Rooster, Buzz07, Kramer tries; Kramer 5/6 goals
Spoons – 30
Wombat, BNGA, Slip, Chewbacca, T.S.Quint tries; Crow 5/6 goals

6[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Wombat try
8[SUP]th[/SUP] min: BNGA try, Crow goal
11[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Crow penalty goal
13[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Mr Poultry try, Kramer goal
17[SUP]th[/SUP] min: UGoodThings try, Kramer goal
19[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Tricolours try, Kramer goal
38[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Rooster try, Kramer goal
44[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Buzz07 try
47[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Kramer try and goal
52[SUP]nd[/SUP] min: Slip try, Crow goal
59[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Chewbacca try, Crow goal
66[SUP]th[/SUP] min: T.S.Quint try, Crow goal

Golden Keyboard:
Kramer – 3
Chewbacca – 2
Roostargirl - 1 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Disappointing.
I suppose we were due for a loss. Better now than in the Finals. 
slip

slip

Spoons v Barbarians

There was a bit riding on this match. A victory for the Barbarians would mark their fourth in a row and have them on top of the ladder, while a loss would see them finish the round as low as fifth, depending on other results. The Spoons remained atop the ladder but with plenty of opponents snapping at their heels.

The first half was a very evenly matched affair, as the spine for the Spoons clicked into gear once again while for the Barbarians, their forward pack continued to step up to the mark and pave the way for them. The result was an enthralling battle with the Spoons trying to keep the match open where they had the advantage, while the Barbarians wanted to drag the Spoons into the trenches.

Half time came with the Barbarians scoring right on the bell to peg back the 12-0 lead that the Spoons had managed to establish, the margin a narrow 12-6 at the break.

The first scorer after the break was crucial and the Barbarians made sure it was them, with Black Cat’s try and Knitey’s clutch conversion locking things up at 12-12.

Momentum was going the way of the Barbarians and they were awarded a penalty soon after to take the lead, 14-12, but the Spoons levelled the score with one of their own in the 70[SUP]th[/SUP] minute to set up a big finish.

A couple of field goals attempts apiece went wide as the match looked destined for a draw, but disaster struck for the Spoons as a kick from H, who had been a tower all game at dummy half for the Barbarians, was spilled and dived on by a player clearly in an offside position. A clear penalty, and terribly unlucky, as Knitey kicked the matchwinning goal.

Barbarians – 16
Goodsy, Black Cat tries; Knitey 4/4 goals
Spoons – 14
Cumberland, Bandwagon tries; Crow 3/3 goals

20[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Cumberland try, Crow goal, Spoons 6-0
35[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Bandwagon try, Crow goal, Spoons 12-0
40[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Goodsy try, Knitey goal, Spoons 12-6
52[SUP]nd[/SUP] min: Black Cat try, Knitey goal, 12-12
55[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Knitey goal, Barbarians 14-12
70[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Crow goal, 14-14
78[SUP]th[/SUP] min: Knitey goal, Barbarians 16-14

Golden Keyboard
Knitey – 3
Slip – 2
Mr Sharky – 1 
slip

slip

Another loss! Oh dear. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

We're starting to lose our way.

Who was the prick who dived on that loose ball?
I want a name dammit! 
slip

slip

We'll never know! But they cost us the game. haha 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I bet it was f**kin' Aspley again! 
slip

slip

South Sydney Pokies v Parramatta Spoons

The Pokies were rooted at the wrong end of the ladder, while the Spoons were fighting it out for a finals spot and with just two games left every performance was vital.

The Pokies came out looking to salvage a bit of pride and this was a different team to the side that had managed just one win from their previous six matches, and they opened the scoring in the 15[SUP]th[/SUP] minute.

The Spoons, though, weren’t about to lie down and hit back with a try of their own in the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] minute as the sides then traded tries on either side of the half time break to have the game locked up at 12-12.

The Pokies began to pull away at the hour mark, though, scoring twice in succession to have the Spoons well covered at 24-12, before sealing the big upset win with a penalty goal a few minutes from time. The Spoons scored a last minute try, but they had lost the game and crucial ground in the battle for the finals spots.

Pokies – 26
Les, MadMike, Sonic Star, Ratzman tries; Sonic Star 5/5 goals
Spoons – 18
Slip, Muttman, Bandwagon tries; Crow 3/3 goals

15th min – Les try, Sonic Star goal; Pokies 6-0
23[SUP]rd [/SUP]min – Slip try, Crow goal; 6-6
40[SUP]th[/SUP]min – MadMike try, Sonic Star goal; Pokies 12-6
48[SUP]th [/SUP]min – Muttman try, Crow goal; 12-12
58[SUP]th[/SUP]min – Sonic Star try and goal; Pokies 18-12
63[SUP]rd [/SUP]min – Ratzman try, Sonic Star goal; Pokies 24-12
73[SUP]rd [/SUP]min – Sonic Star goal; Pokies 26-12
79[SUP]th [/SUP]min – Bandwagon try, Crow goal; Pokies 26-18

Golden Keyboard:
Sonic Star – 3
Les – 2
Southsport – 1 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Fair go i was eating a pie at half way.
A few golden keyboard awards and ohh its mighty TSQ.......... come on mate, TEAM lets discuss it over a keg!!
Like i say no I in Team but 5 in INDIVIDUAL BRILLIANCE !!!! 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Bugger this!
I'm asking the coach for a release. You's can all get f**ked! 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Coach said no.

So.....is that keg still cold Aspley?
I always loved playing with you guys. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He found your secret supply ;) 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

Keg is cold and has no markings of XXXX at all so we know it is not cats piss!!!! 
AspleyOwl

AspleyOwl

[QUOTE=T.S Quint;1493127]Bugger this!
I'm asking the coach for a release. You's can all get f**ked![/QUOTE]

End of season trip TSQ then we all can!! 
slip

slip

[INDENT] St George IllawarraSnoozers v Parramatta Spoons

A finals spot was on the line here, and with the stakes setso high the game was bound to start with some fireworks, as neither side seemedwilling to give any ground early on. A brutal, finals style atmosphere was thesetting for this contest, as the first half-hour of the match had the twocombatants locked up at 12-12, with Stooge and SJ’s strikes for the Snoozerscancelled out by tries to Chewbacca and BNGA.

The match was there for the taking, and on either side ofhalftime it was the Spoons five eighth, Slip, who struck, scoring twice beforethe break and once soon after it; the first try was a great example of how totake advantage of tiring forwards, while the second and third demonstratedSlip’s ability to back up ball-runners in the right place at the right time, asa 12-12 scoreline quickly became 30-12.

A stunned Snoozers home crowd could only watch as the finalsaspirations of their side vanished before their eyes, and such a quicksuccession of points proved unassailable. Further tries to Wombat and T.S.Quintwere answered by a lone try to Max, but the Snoozers had been demolished,42-18, despite being right in the contest up until halftime, and despite theheavy scoreline hadn’t played that badly.

For the Spoons, a finals spot beckoned and they had only tosit back and watch the Barbarians take on the Banjos to finish off the round.For the Snoozers, a Barbarians win would hand them third spot and a rematch,but a Banjos win would send them packing.

Full time
Spoons – 42
Slip (3), BNGA, Chewbacca, Wombat, T.S.Quint tries; Crow 7/7goals
Snoozers – 18
Max, Stooge, SJ tries; Macarthur Saints 3/3 goals

6[SUP] th[/SUP] min: SJ try, MS goal; Snoozers 6-0
11[SUP] th[/SUP] min: BNGA try, Crow goal; 6-6
14[SUP] th[/SUP] min: Chewbacca try, Crow goal; Spoons 12-6
27[SUP] th[/SUP] min: Stooge try, MS goal; 12-12
32[SUP] nd[/SUP] min: Slip try, Crow goal; Spoons 18-12
37[SUP] th[/SUP] min: Slip try, Crow goal; Spoons 24-12
44[SUP] th[/SUP] min: Slip try, Crow goal; Spoons 30-12
56[SUP] th[/SUP] min: Wombat try, Crow goal; Spoons 36-12
73[SUP] rd[/SUP] min: Max try, Macarthur Saints goal; Spoons36-18
80[SUP] th[/SUP] min: T.S.Quint try, Crow goal; Spoons 42-18

Golden Keyboard
Slip – 3
Chewbacca – 2
T.S.Quint - 1
[/INDENT] 
crow

crow

Slip did a Hayne, well done buddy. 
slip

slip

I was saying I needed a big game in the RLeague Cup thread and delivered. :) 
crow

crow

the snoozers, snoozed in this game 
crow

crow

when does the season continue in this? 
knitey

knitey

Your in the GF Crow. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
zahidkhan06 - http://www.allhereget.com/?p=102Watch all kinds of Sports like Rugby, NCAA, Soccer, NFL, CFL, AFL, MLS, MLB, NBA, NHL, Boxing , Tennis, F...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181