The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

New Dance For Hayne

crow

crow

[h=1]Hayne plane grounded for not-so-secret squirrel plan[/h] Date March 12, 2013[h=3]http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/by/Michael-Chammas Michael Chammas [/h]

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's a squirrel. Just as the Parramatta fullback began to rack up the http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hayne-plane-grounded-for-notsosecret-squirrel-plan-20130311-2fwgo.html# frequent flyer points, the Hayne plane is on the verge of being grounded.
Jarryd Hayne is contemplating replacing his famous post-try celebration with the ''squirrel'' dance synonymous with his NFL hero, Ray Lewis.
''The boys said after the game that I'm running too far away and they're getting too tired chasing me,'' Hayne said.
''I think I'm going to have to come up with something different.''
Hayne has been watching YouTube videos of the recently retired Baltimore Ravens linebacker that has had over a million hits since he last performed it in the Ravens' Super Bowl triumph against the San Francisco 49ers.
But it's not just Lewis' dance moves that Hayne has been analysing in a http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hayne-plane-grounded-for-notsosecret-squirrel-plan-20130311-2fwgo.html# bid to make his own.
The newly appointed co-captain, who admitted he still had a lot to learn when it came to firing up his troops, is using Lewis' inspirational speeches to improve that aspect of his game.
''I've been watching a lot of Ray Lewis,'' Hayne said. ''I really enjoy the American speakers, they are so passionate and emotional. When they speak you want http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hayne-plane-grounded-for-notsosecret-squirrel-plan-20130311-2fwgo.html# to play for them. It's something that I thought from day one, when I lead the team I want them to play for all of us. I think that sort of team spirit they've got and the way they mould a team in the NFL there's always that one person who pumps the team up and gets them in that zone.
''If you've watched any of Ray Lewis, just watching him you get goosebumps. I've showed it to a lot of friends and every time I message something like that they write back saying 'goosebumps'. It's something that I don't think I'll ever be able to emulate but it's something I enjoy. It gets the team off to a good http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hayne-plane-grounded-for-notsosecret-squirrel-plan-20130311-2fwgo.html# start .''
The Eels couldn't have asked for a better start to their campaign under Ricky Stuart than the impressive 40-10 thumping of the Warriors at Parramatta Stadium last Saturday night. While some players sense when their side is poised for a big game, Hayne said he felt the opposite way leading into the opening-round clash.
''I was actually feeling awful,'' he said. ''I said to Benny Smith, 'How are you feeling?' and he just said, 'Mate, I'm so nervous'. Being a senior player you can muck around with the boys and tell them how you feel. Benny was nervous as and he looked at me and said, 'How do you feel?' and I said, 'I feel crap'.
''It was hot, it was the first game, there'd been a big build-up.''
The Eels take on a depleted Canterbury at ANZ Stadium on Thursday night, but despite missing several key players, Hayne is expecting a tough contest.
''They're very disciplined and to have a http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hayne-plane-grounded-for-notsosecret-squirrel-plan-20130311-2fwgo.html# coach like Dessie Hasler is evident of that,'' Hayne said. ''I've been speaking to a few of their boys a fair bit and finding out what he's like, what's training like.
''Tony [Williams] and Kris [Keating] and a couple of boys under his guard definitely say how hard it is and how intense it is. You know you are in for a hard task when you've got them, no matter who they've got.'' 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Ray Lewis is a scumbag.

And his speeches are cringeworthy.

Get a new hero Jarryd. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I've never been a big fan of "The Plane" move, but at least he does it while running over to the crowd to bring them into it a little bit.

Ray Lewis' dance is all about himself.

People can't stand Hayne already...imagine what it would be like if he broke out into a dance after every try.

Just put the ball down and celebrate with your teammates Jarryd.
Or even better, go and celebrate with the crowd like you used to (I did like it though on the weekend when he ran up to the fence after letting the ball go dead and giving a couple of kids high fives). 
Morkel

Morkel

Were you one of those kids? Go on, admit it, you'll never wash that hand again. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I wish.
Unfortunately I sit up high away from most of the unwashed masses. 
slip

slip

Only in America can this look good or suitable. 
crow

crow

I personally think his dance is pretty cool, but then again I am a yank (as you guys call us), and as slip says, only in America. 
Morkel

Morkel

Really? It looks like a constipated person is controlling his body via a bad Xbox Kinect interface. 
slip

slip

The African American or Coloured (what they call black people in America) can really make that dance happen. But I don't think the Australian public would really be into that sort of carry on surrounding sport. Sorry, wouldn't work here, but in America (land of the free and home of the brave, In God we Trust), they would love it! 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I don't think they've called them that since the 70's.
Pretty standard to just call them "black" now. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Joey adds a few words to that ;) 
slip

slip

Not allowed to say Black in America. I read that in the States saying "Black Coffee" is considered offensive, because it's politically incorrect. African American is the term over there. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

That's just white people being too oversensitive.
They really don't mind being called black. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168