The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bronco to Parra???

Morkel

Morkel

His cleaning up of kicks has been perfect. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Norman has clearly been brought in to play in the 6, would be a pretty stupid reason to leave otherwise. What it means for Kelly I'm not sure, might stay as utility and/or backup half. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

There's apparently talk that Stuart might groom him for the utility spot on the bench heading into next year & have him give Keating a breather at hooker. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Those Dogs are great at being shitbags.

You know what...you're right. :P 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Left centre will be where Hopoate is going to fit in I am assuming.
Loko could be in for a move to the back row at some stage in the future - not sure when though.

Norman will be our five-eighth. I don't know how he'll go, but at the moment I'm crying tears of joy knowing that it won't be Roberts anymore.

Not sure how Kelly would go playing at hooker. He had a bit of a go there last year off the bench but I can't remember how he played. Wonder if his defence is up to it. 
professional

professional

Nah, the kick that Hoffman messed up against the Dragons was all Norman. It was his kick and he didn't move to it, thereby forcing Hoffman to run back with the flight. And while not a kick, his effort against Matai in Round 1 was atrocious. He ended up between Maranta and Matai - seriously wft?

His positioning and work defensively has not been good - as you would expect from someone who played all of last season in the halves and then trained for the whole off-season there too. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Nah.... 
Morkel

Morkel

The amount of times a ball has bounced horrendously, just asking to be knocked-on, a metre out from the Broncos in-goal, and Norman's scooped it up with suction-cup hands, has blown me away. But it's been his only positive feature this year. 
professional

professional

I'd be questioning the positioning of your fullback if kicks are regularly bouncing a metre out from your goal-line. Anyway, just remembered that he fumbled a bomb from Fien in the in-goal too. Far from flawless in cleaning up kicks. 
alchemist

alchemist

i think Hopoate would be better suited to right centre... so possibly -

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Hopoate
4. Loko
5. Blair
6. Norman
7. Sandow

14. Kelly 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Far from terrible as per your earlier assertion as well....... 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Probably what I'd go with, too, Al, but substitute Blair for Toutai & I can see that being our back-line in 2014. 
alchemist

alchemist

anyone predicting any significant change to the pack? 
Morkel

Morkel

I'm talking grubbers, or deflections, not bombs that have been let bounce. I missed the first half hour of the Dragons game so I wasn't aware of the Fien one, but from the rest of the Dragons game & in particular the Manly game (which I was at the game for) he was a rock. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Stuart's apparently after another prop and a back-rower, so that might see the pack change next year. 
eelboy

eelboy

Id think Morgan should hold a spot - Id rate him above Blair and SIo 
professional

professional

So in other words you are talking about all the kicks except for the ones that he did badly on. Letting bombs bounce is a big issue, especially if he is letting it happen as frequently as your comment indicates. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

I agree ....it's a personal bug bear of mine watching fullbacks let a high kick bounce. I was slamming Barba for it last year

thing is.......I can't say I've see Norman doing this? 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Not really all that important in the context, he won't be playing at FB. 
professional

professional

I can't specifically remember Norman letting a bomb bounce through the first three rounds. My issue is more to do with his positioning, as Harry Sack also mentioned. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Where will those suction cup hands be positioned then? 
knitey

knitey

5/8 would be my guess. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Pfft ....Harry.

So it's seems that Norman is fine / not seen by senor to be at fault under the high ball

and the only problem lies with his positioning which has been "terrible".

Positioning in attack....defence ?

He's missed 3 tackles in 3 games.

He got an arm out to stop a runaway Jennings

For mine he's slipping into the backline much more effectively than Hoffman was. He looked like the only one capable of doing anything against the Roosters.

About the only thing I might concede is he was caught out of position in Rd 1 against Manly in one of their try's down the left hand side in the 2nd half. Considering his limited time in the position ...lately, I can't be too harsh

So to lable his positioning as terrible after 3 rds, seems to me like your reaching to find something negative to say for the sake of saying it. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

We are in the market for a couple of forwards...however as we've already seen, that doesn't mean we'll actually sign any. Papalii would have been a top signing, but we have to let that one go now.
Not sure if Ben Smith will play on after this season. He's getting pretty slow and is injury prone (not to mention he's a penalty magnet). We are already starting to give some younger blokes some game time so we may see quite a bit of change from this year. 
cpr_89

cpr_89

He played all over the place. Fullback, wing, centre, depending on who was injured. Left centre in Origin. Played 2011 GF at right wing.

He'll be good wherever he plays but I think playing on the right will be the best for him and the team. Good right centres are hard to find but there are plenty on the left. It's better if he wants to play reps as well. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168