The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bronco to Parra???

alchemist

alchemist

a more reasonable sum in comparison to the reported $450K a season... still not sure he'll fit in with Sandow, Hayne, Kelly and Hopoate next year 
Maroon4life

Maroon4life

Be honest, are any of you parra fans happy about this signing? I've been a hater of Norman's for a while now and I'm glad to hear about this deal. In saying that i hope he dosen't click into gear and start playing at a level that many of the broncos coaching staff think he could, from what I've seen thats unlikely though. 
zepha75

zepha75

Joey asked Prince on the Sunday footy show if Griffin will be back next year? As there are reports that the players aren't happy with him. That's what Joey said anyway. Another commentator said that the Broncos won't even get in the 8 :lol: I personally can't stand the Broncos as they're up themselves :D 
SaintAnger

SaintAnger

One can only hope they sign Dugan - perfect fit imo 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Yes, I am.
I think he's actually been your best back so far this season, even if it is only 3 games in. Looks more damaging and threatening to an opposition defensive line than Wallace and Prince have so far.
Against the Roosters, he was causing problems.

He's only 22 and has years ahead of him, so he's only going to get better.
Under Stuart, who has clearly gotten the best out of Sandow as we've seen - he may well get the same out of Norman. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

When it was originally mentioned as happening I wasn't sure it was the right idea.
Then I realised we have Ben Roberts.
Anyone is better than that. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

It's only been three games.
We have yet to see if Stuart can get him to play to his real potential (ie...on a consistent basis). 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

those three games is more than Kearney managed.

Altho he was consistent under Kearney..... consistently terrible ;) 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Of course, but it's a start.
Which is what we as Eels fans wanted.

And, in those three games, he has been our best player. 
brendanalderson

brendanalderson

Why is it "clear' that Sandow's good form has come as a result of Stuart being there? What about the other 16 blokes? Haven't they been listening to Stuart? 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Every player's been listening to Stuart, evidenced by the effort being there for 80 minutes every single game and overall improved defensive performances.

It's easier to mention Sandow, though, given that Stuart is a premiership winning halfback, so he knows what's required from a key player to excel on a weekly basis & perform at their best. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

As you say, it's just a start.
Then again as good as he's been he hasn't won us the last two games. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

refs fault last week and the week before you had great dogs defence :) 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

He hasn't, but he's tried his heart out in them and was unfortunately let down by some errors and penalties his team-mates made/conceded.

Considering the pressure that is still on him, I think he's handled himself well so far and is deservedly our best player so far. 
professional

professional

tbh Norman has offered nothing from fullback. Defensively he has been terrible and given very little otherwise. He has potential but as far as performances go, Justin Hodges has done more in ~30 minutes this year than Norman has done in all three games. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

There's no doubting that Hodges as a game-changing ability, one we've seen already this year against Manly.

For the most part, though, I don't think Norman's been too bad this year.
Discounting the fact he's playing fullback (he won't be doing that at the Eels), he's done what he has to do without setting the world alight.
The Eels won't need him to do that - Hayne & Sandow already do that. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I prefer to see it as terrible discipline last week and the week before we had sub-par attacking skills.

I can't go giving us too much credit now. 
alchemist

alchemist

the Dogs and the description 'great' do go together though 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Who's in the centres for you guys again? If he worked on his defense, I can see him being an exceptional centre. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

:lol:

Btw, Winter is almost here..... 
alchemist

alchemist

Morgan and Loko so far this season... Norman would appear to be suited to left centre and the Eels already have an aged Willie Tonga and a young powerhouse in Loko

again, i don't see where Norman will fit in 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

At this stage, Ryan Morgan and Jacob Loko. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Hmmm, yeah he certainly isn't going to push Loko out. Just not sure how a Norman/Sandow combo will go.. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

What crap!!

How has he been so "terrible" defensively??

he's been where he had to be each and every time the ball has been kicked down field.

Against the Rorters he was the only one who looked like he could threaten the line in attack.......

he'll be yet another young Brisbane player in the long line of Brisbane players who get let go only to star for another club. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

His positioning in defence is shocking though. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play St Pat's Gympie Monday week.
ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181