The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bronco to Parra???

bandwagon

bandwagon

The only thing that would make Sandow worth his reported salary would be to play as he did last week, week in, week out, all year. 
crow

crow

I agree, but Norman is definitely not worth the amount mentioned. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Not even close, he is not an established 5/8, if that is his preferred position and he can't get a run in his own side when the blokes he is up against are 7's, he is only worth paying for his potential to be good in that position, you don't pay 400k for potential. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Strange because Parra is not known for paying overs. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

That would depend on how much credence is given to figures reported.

I'm sure many Broncos supporters would happily believe there could be no other reason any player would leave their club than heaps more money. I mean what other reason could there possibly be? 
HarrySack

HarrySack

"Reportedly" is the key word in all of this afaic. Sorry to see him go actually, I would like to have seen him develop his game in the centres with a possible move to the 6 later. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Great signing!
I've been a fan of Newman's for about 10 years now.
I've been so hoping we would sign him since we're so weak in the back row.
This will surely be the signing that will deliver us that elusive 4th Premiership. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Alright ....I'll fall for it

So.....who's Newman?

:P 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Apparently he's some awesome player we just signed.
At least he must be awesome...we are paying him a shitload of money. 
zepha75

zepha75

400k for Norman, well they paid 550k for Sandow...the blind leading the blind. 
crow

crow

why cant the Eels have a board that is not ego driven, and use common sense in signing players? It seems that is too much to ask when you are talking about the Eels. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

That's the Courier Mail's version, SMH's version has it at 1.5 million over three years, so 500k a season. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Will we see him in blue and gold ( or black and white ) once Dugan sorts out his future? 
zepha75

zepha75

I realise in Queensland the Media are a bit bias with most things concerning players. Just the other night on Ch 9 they were talking about Broncos and the Titans. I forgot what they were really saying the news (sport) but in a round about way, Broncos players were hard done by and the Manly player who f****d up Harrison, should get 6 weeks. Personally, I'm no fan of Manly, but I'm no fan of the Titans also. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

It's 400k a year and that includes third party-deal/s.
Under the cap, it'll be about 315-320k.

Given the rise in the salary cap and the potential that Norman has to become a top player in the NRL in a few years, I think the amount is right & worth it for the long-term. 
Morkel

Morkel

And then hire an ego-driven coach? Who is so sh!t that even though he was the most recent NSW coach, can't attract a single player unless paying massive overs? The board has to go, agreed, and someone who has the interests of the club, not just someone who tries to prove that their ideas are better, in charge. 
professional

professional

Are we talking about Brisbane or Parramatta now? 
HarrySack

HarrySack

If that's the case then if I was an Eels fan I'd feel a lot better about the signing. IMO, he is worth that. Surprised we couldn't match 320K....and 3rd party deals are fairly easy in Brisbane. Would make me lean more towards it not being about the money, more about playing 6. 
annav3

annav3

the depth of talent in the NRL is pretty poor some clubs especially those that are lower ranked like parra need to splash the cash to recruit decent players to the club.

who knows what he is really being paid, but if true well done Corey Norman. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Exactly.
Overall, whilst some think 400k is high, in the scheme of things, they always forget that these things include third-party deals.
I think it's a good deal and the right amount for Norman. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

... :lol: 
slip

slip

Parra have the juniors. 22 junior clubs in over 200 schools across the district. 
annav3

annav3

congratulations, whether Ricky and his staff leverage off that junior nursery for the future of the club is another story. 
crow

crow

[h=1]Eels sign Corey Norman[/h] Date March 25, 2013
[LIST]
[*]
[/LIST]
[h=3]Wayne Heming[/h]

Parramatta have signed young Brisbane Broncos fullback Corey Norman on a three-year deal starting in the 2014 NRL season.
The Eels are expected to confirm Norman's signing at a press conference in Sydney on Monday afternoon after finalising some contract details over the weekend.
It's understood the 21 year-old, who's been in the Broncos system since he was a teenager and identified as Darren Lockyer's five-eighth replacement, has signed for close to $1.5 million until 2016.
Norman, who'll play his 50th game for Brisbane against Melbourne at Suncorp on Friday night, made his debut for the Broncos in round one against North Queensland in 2010.
Brisbane were very keen to retain Norman and stepped up negotiating with him amid rumours the Eels already had his signature.
Norman's desire to play five-eighth, a position he assumed when Lockyer retired last year but missed out on this year when the club picked up veteran Scott Prince, clearly influenced his decision with Parramatta screaming out for a quality No.6.
Norman is the second highly-rated young back to leave Brisbane in the past few seasons to chase more time in their preferred position. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168