The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Bronco to Parra???

Marcus1979

Marcus1979

We said that about Sandow :lol: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

And people are still quoting the wrong figures when it comes to him.
We didn't pay $500k-550k for Sandow and we definitely aren't paying $450k for this nuffie.

I don't even understand why we would be going after him.
We certainly don't need a fullback and despite the fact we probably need a five-eighth he's not good enough in that position - certainly not any better than Kelly or Hayne. 
Morkel

Morkel

On the plus side Norman can F Off to Q Cup, no need for the coach to give him a free starting spot when he's clearly not the best at any position. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

450K for Norman? AAAAhhhhh hhhaaaa hhaaa ha ha ha ha haaaaa.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a lloooonnnnggg time. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Ironic isn't it.. 
Lewis06

Lewis06

Must be a 8 year deal. 
alchemist

alchemist

$450K a season for Norman!?! and since when has he been booming?

i also love the use of "utility", code for not being good enough as yet to cement a spot on his team

Sandow, Luke Kelly, Hayne and Hopoate for the 2014 season... the Eels do not need Norman 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Ben Hornby was often called a utility so utility is not exactly a derogatory term. 
alchemist

alchemist

in reference to Norman, i do think it means as cover for a player that has yet to stamp his authority over any one position but is still supposedly commanding a $450K a season contract... Norman has a future in the NRL, but he is still in the formative stages as a player and neither worth the sum quoted or needed by a club that has either Hayne or Hopoate to choose from for fullback and Hayne or Kelly for five eighth

there are certain players (Craig Wing, Kurt Gidley, Luke Lewis) for whom the utility tag is not a derogatory term... it means a player that can adjust his game to the team's needs and can be very valuable for rep teams 
cpr_89

cpr_89

Norman will be a better player than Kelly...not sure how much better mind you.

Hopoate will play centre IMO but it's hard to resist the temptation of

1. Hopoate
6. Hayne
7. Sandow 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

They expect us to believe this rubbish?

Maybe it's $450k for two seasons. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

It's what Brisbane are offering parramatta to take Norman off their hands :lol: 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Hmmm...interesting.
I would like Hoppa in the centres too...but it seems the ones we have are coming along nicely. Loko can of course move into the back row leaving a spot there.
Still not sold on Hayne at five-eighth, but I would rather him there than Norman. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

If they throw in Gillett they have a deal. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He doesn't have a brain. Do you want a brainless player playing for parramatta? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

He'll fit right in. 
crow

crow

[h=1]Broncos set to lose Corey Norman to Parramatta[/h]
[LIST]
[*] Todd Balym
[*] http://www.couriermail.com.au The Courier-Mail
[*] March 12, 2013
[/LIST]

BRISBANE'S decision to drop their pursuit of Johnathan Thurston has backfired, with the club set to lose their best young backline talent Corey Norman to Parramatta next season.

On the same day Thurston confirmed he would stay at North Queensland on a $5 million four-year deal, Norman was tipped to be on the verge of announcing he would head to the Eels in 2014 on a deal worth more than $400,000 a year.
Given Brisbane's recruitment strategy has been based around retaining their group of young stars, losing Norman would be an enormous blow as they would need to groom a new playmaker.
The Broncos, who refused to comment about Norman's possible defection yesterday, believe they are still a chance to retain the 21-year-old.
Norman's manager Paul Sutton spoke to the club yesterday and said no contract had been finalised with the Eels.
"There's always speculation," Sutton said.

"We are still talking to the Broncos. Nothing has been agreed."
The Eels have endured a major run of recruitment disappointments, including Josh Papalii backing out of his deal last week, and will no doubt move heaven and earth to ensure Norman is not another potential star to slip from their grasp. Just 12 months ago Norman was anointed as Brisbane's successor to Darren Lockyer, and a future Origin fixture, forming a halves partnership with Peter Wallace the club hoped would carry them into the future.
"Most of the boys coming through http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-set-to-lose-corey-norman-to-parramatta/story-e6frexnr-1226595094890# now are getting a fairly good reputation ... but Corey Norman can be a star of the future," Broncos football manager Andrew Gee said last year.
"At the moment he needs to keep his head down and not try and get there too quick.
"He has the skill set. He won't be Darren Lockyer but Corey brings his own personality to the team. He's got a huge future."
Norman signed a one-year extension early in 2012, hoping he would earn a significant http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-set-to-lose-corey-norman-to-parramatta/story-e6frexnr-1226595094890# upgrade once he had established himself as the club's five-eighth. But late last year he was momentarily shifted to fullback as the Broncos suffered a six-game losing streak. The club then recruited Scott Prince on a two-year deal from the Titans and another offseason battle for Norman to secure a halves position was on the cards.
"I want to stay in the halves, that's where I want http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-set-to-lose-corey-norman-to-parramatta/story-e6frexnr-1226595094890# to play ," Norman said earlier this year.
Norman started every trial at five-eighth but come round 1 was moved to fullback in favour of Prince. He made some bad kicking mistakes in Brisbane's 22-14 loss to Manly, including a penalty kick that failed to find touch.
Brisbane's attack has failed to fire since the middle of last season. The Broncos have scored more than 20 points once in 11 NRL games.
Backrower Alex Glenn, who will play his 100th NRL game on Friday against St George Illawarra, said the Broncos were being too impatient in attack.
"We're trying to over-think things and trying to score every play," Glenn said. 
crow

crow

why the hell do we need him??? 
eelboy

eelboy

I truly thought this thread was a joke...not a nightmare......save the money to keep Hayne. 
crow

crow

[h=1]Brisbane Broncos utility Corey Norman given approval to accept rich deal at Parramatta Eels[/h]
[LIST]
[*] Todd Balym, Chris Garry
[*] http://www.couriermail.com.au The Courier-Mail
[*] March 13, 2013 12:00AM
[/LIST]

COREY Norman has the green light to accept a rich deal at Parramatta, with his Brisbane teammates aware the rising star is negotiating a future that is best for himself and his mother.

Norman is believed to be just days from accepting an Eels offer in excess of $400,000 a year, a contract that is impossible for the Broncos to match given the big-name stars on their books.

It is the 21-year-old's relationship with his mother Sandy that could sway his final decision.

As a single mother, Sandy raised Norman while working night shift at a petrol station to pay the bills.

A move to Parramatta would put Norman among the highest-paid players in the game.

"He is enjoying his time here at the club at the moment," Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough said.

"He is his own man and whatever he chooses to benefit him and his mother, I know he is pretty close with her, that is for him to decide and we will just worry about ourselves.

"Whatever decision he decides will be in the best interests of himself and, like I said, his mother. I know he is the type of guy that will just be wanting to enjoy every week here no matter if he stays or goes.

"No doubt he will put in a good performance week in week out, no matter what the case."

Norman's mother told News Limited after her son's debut in 2010 how proud she was that Norman had reached the NRL after a difficult upbringing.

While the monetary value of the Eels' offer has been labelled the reason behind Norman's impending switch, it is understood his desire to play five-eighth is also crucial.

Norman is playing fullback for the Broncos, but he is adamant his best position is in the No.6 jersey which now belongs to veteran Scott Prince.

While happy to play fullback in the interests of the team, Norman sees his best chance at becoming a long-term first grader is at five-eighth. Parramatta do not have an established No.6, with Luke Kelly and Ben Roberts their options this season.

Eels football manager Peter Nolan was the Broncos' recruitment boss until 2010 and signed Norman when he was a teenager, earmarking him as the club's replacement for champion five-eighth Darren Lockyer.

Nolan now wants Norman to be the Eels' No.6, partnering Chris Sandow in the halves.

The player Norman ousted for the Broncos fullback spot, Josh Hoffman, said he wanted his mate to stay at Red Hill.

"Whatever decision he makes, his teammates are behind him," Hoffman said.

"It could be an upside for myself but the wing is just another position to put on my http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-utility-corey-norman-given-approval-to-accept-rich-deal-at-parramatta-eels/story-e6frexnr-1226595961220# resume . I just hope we keep him here." 
crow

crow

once again I say what the hell do we need him for??? The Broncos sure as hell dont care if he leaves. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Exactly how long will he be behind Prince anyway? 
Morkel

Morkel

Two years, including this one, assuming Prince doesn't get injured or loses form. I tell you, kids these days have no patience.

I liked Hoffman's response - that Norman stays. That the wing is just another position. Seems Norman doesn't have the same attitude. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Norman isn't an established No.6. Ben Roberts is way more established than him.
If all this is true then Parramatta really don't have much faith in Luke Kelly. Shame he's injured again so he can't prove them wrong. 
crow

crow

It is understood Brisbane utility Corey Norman is close to agreeing to join the Eels. Norman's preferred position is pivot but he has been shifted to fullback after the arrival of Scott Prince.
Norman has told those close to him that he is poised to accept the $400,000-a-year deal.

This almost makes the price of Sandow acceptable. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181