Lewis06

Lewis06

The Pub. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I think he means the players not the fanbase :lol: 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Such earlier hopes in the season........but has anything really changed with Parramatta from last year?

Better get Sticky's marching orders out of the file cabinet.

July's only just around the corner.

Next !!! 
slip

slip

Determination!!!! I tell you something, Parra in the mid 90's were ordinary, but they always put in an effort, they just weren't good enough to win games. Parra now are facing that same problem, they can put in a reasonable effort, but are they good enough to win games? 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Ah yeah, we lost, no big deal, we weren't about to set the game on fire this early in the season.

Some very poor discipline in that, but we can take some positives out of it. We didn't hang our heads, and did show some grit, albeit too late. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

no burning of stadiums then :lol: 
knitey

knitey

Hayne should show so discipline, he knows better than to mouth off at the refs, isn't he meant to be the skipper. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Yes he is, and he will learn. He always has and usually that has led to the ref asking our captain to piss him off.

Can't do that now 
alchemist

alchemist

a bad effort from the Eels but i see progress in them from the displays shown in 2011 and 2012

considering the starting point, you cannot expect overnight results... it'll take time 
crow

crow

Have to say, Hayne was better than last week, which is about the only positive, the rest of the team played stupid football. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Again it was simply too many errors, whether by dropping the ball or giving away penalties.

Also there was some concerning missed tackles through the middle third, I hope that is corrected quickly. 
slip

slip

Also, Parra were too much running one out. Tigers on the other hand had 2nd phase play. 
alchemist

alchemist

i thought Sandow also continued with his better form --> kicked and ran well... the Eels will need to protect him better in the defensive line 
eelboy

eelboy

When we held the ball we looked good.......we defended relatively well given we had to defend so much......a game we could have won.

This is a similar story to last year...but I do think our attack and defense looks better than last year - I still consider us a top 8 chance. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Pretty sure Andrew Johns did that once.
And Thurston too.
Actually, heaps of Captains have done what Hayne did. His team was getting pumped and he was frustrated...getting some curious calls from the refs wouldn't have helped.
He will hopefully learn from that and try to keep his emotions in check from now on. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Where to from here?

To next week of course.
Keep doing what we're doing...they are working towards something and it won't happen overnight.
There has been a difference in the way they are playing this year compared to last year. A bit more positive it seems. Sandow has finally started playing some good football (apart from the defence) and hopefully we can get Kelly back on the field as soon as possible to get Roberts out of there.

It is only round 3 remember.
1 win.
1 close loss which could have gone either way.
1 large (but not huge) loss in a game where we were on the back foot from pretty much the start - maybe if Keating doesn't throw the ball into Allgood's head things might have been different.

They just have to get the little things right:

1. Ball control.
2. Keep the penalty count down.
3. Keep the ball out of Roberts' hands.

Who really expected a top 8 finish this year? I'm just looking for improvement...something we can build on next year when we will have more talent and experience in the team. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

At the conclusion of round four last year we were 0 from four having scored at total of 38 points and conceded 135 giving us a PD of -97. We had played both the Warriors and Penrith, both of which were eventually contenders for the spoon, ( if of course we had not been so inept ).

Not hard to improve from that. But we were dead motherless last and remained there for the rest of the season. Importantly we have conceded 61 points and scored 74. Nothing to write home about, but worth a look before we consider our season dead in the water.

After three rounds we have only the one win, but then so do 5 other teams, with the Dragons and Warriors on zip, and we sit in ninth as "the best of the rest".

I reckon that's about where we will finish the season, but top eight is at least still a possibility 
slip

slip

It's going to take time, I'm not expecting Parra to even make the 8 this year. After Round 1, I had them playing the next WCC. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Easy to get carried away, makes the thud that is reality seem all that bit harder. 
alchemist

alchemist

i thought the full time siren of the 2004 GF represented the start of a Bulldogs dynasty... we almost won the spoon the following year 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I think in most cases if you make a Grand Final you should enjoy it while you can because chances are it will probably be a while until you're in another one. That's what I tried to do in 2009.

Unless you're Melbourne or Manly of course (would have said Brisbane too a couple of years ago). 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Our problem is in 09 we made it on a freak run, it wasn't built as a result of long term hard work and planning, hence we had a one year window. 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

Then we went and re-signed so many of those players because we wanted to keep the roll going not knowing that it just wasn't going to happen - making sure it was only a one year window.
They kind of footy we played that year just isn't sustainable over multiple seasons. 
slip

slip

And wasn't it cool stuffing up other teams chances who worked harder that year! :lol: 
bandwagon

bandwagon

damn right. but the crash back down to earth hurt. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181