The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Astounding NEWS

crow

crow

[h=1]Denis Fitzgerald aiming for return[/h]

PARRAMATTA's ancient internal hostilities are set to be reignited, with former CEO Denis Fitzgerald positioning himself to challenge the club's board in May.

News Limited can reveal Fitzgerald has completed a mandatory http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/denis-fitzgerald-aiming-for-return# education course that all aspiring Eels directors must undertake before nominating.

The two-session course wrapped up last night, ahead of nominations for the Mothers Day weekend ballot closing on Friday.

Should the 63-year-old proceed with his nomination, Parramatta will be guaranteed a brutal six-week campaign as there's absolutely no love lost between him and chairman Roy Spagnolo.

When contacted last night, Fitzgerald was coy about whether he would challenge.

"Yes, I did attend the http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/denis-fitzgerald-aiming-for-return# education courses - I am keen to stay in touch with any changes to the Registered Clubs Act," Fitzgerald said.

"I haven't decided whether I will stand at the club elections in May."

Pressed further, he conceded: "It is certainly a possibility. I just want to keep educating myself. You never stop learning."

Fitzgerald was not a director when his record 30-year reign as Eels CEO ended at the hands of Spagnolo's newly elected board in 2009.

Although Fitzgerald received a http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/denis-fitzgerald-aiming-for-return# payout and subsequent invitations to football club ceremonies, his icy relationship with the majority of Spagnolo's board has not thawed one bit.

He and another current director were even engaged in a heated verbal confrontation outside the leagues club during last December's football club election.

After becoming aware of the possibility their chief antagonist could join a rebel ticket, the Eels board has reviewed the incident and its impact upon Fitzgerald's eligibility.

The Eels have already received advice that any disparaging comments about the board could lead to his http://www.1eyedeel.com/forum/topics/denis-fitzgerald-aiming-for-return# membership being revoked, thus defeating any challenge in its infancy.

A total of 13 people completed this week's education course, including former Eels premiership winner Steve Sharp and local Labor party politician Pierre Esber.

Sharp led an unsuccessful challenge to the football club board in December.

Six of the seven Eels directors are currently behind Spagnolo, with Joe Saad the only dissenting voice on the incumbent board. 
zepha75

zepha75

NO! no Fitzgerald, please no! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Was he that bad really? The current board has no shortage of bonehead decisions. 
knitey

knitey

Hehehe,,,,,,,,he's coming back!:P 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He added a lot of color to storm and parra rivalry. He absolutely despised Melbourne maybe that's why I defend him I mean anyone who hates the ground anyone associated with Melbourne Storm walks on can't be that bad can they? 
knitey

knitey

Of course not.....upstanding people. 
slip

slip

WTF! Only one person is allowed to die and then rise three days later. 
zepha75

zepha75

He didn't like sterlo...so, f*** him! 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

It doesn't matter if he does nominate himself to run for the board...he won't get elected anyway.
I think this is just Denis trying to get his name in the papers again. 
slip

slip

Didn't Denis die in a bunker? 
alchemist

alchemist

you almost expect the Darth Vader 'Imperial March' music with such news :D

annav3

annav3

this is the best news I read all day :) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He was the emperor and ruled with an iron fist :lol: 
slip

slip

If Denis is Vader, then Sandow is one of those Ewoks. 
zepha75

zepha75

:lol: 
crow

crow

If any of you are voting members at the eels forgive me, but the voting members of the eels seem pretty f@cking stupid, so maybe there will be a second rise of Fitzgerald? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

I am now a voting member.

And as I said before there is no chance in Hell that Denis will be back on the Parramatta board. 
alchemist

alchemist

TSQ the Kingmaker? 
TS_Quint

TS_Quint

A set of queens will beat a single king - obviously our current board has the inside running in that case. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181