The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Taylor to leave Warriors at seasons end

craigcooper

craigcooper

http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=46739

#rugbyleague #nrl Utility Elijah Taylor is leaving the Warriors at the end of the season despite the club's best efforts to re-sign him.

"We did all we could over the last 12 months to retain Elijah but he has decided to join Penrith in 2014," said general manager football operations Dean Bell.

"While it's disappointing he's going, our recruitment and development operation is in the best shape it has ever been. Elijah is one of many young players who have come through our system recently and there are many more to come."

lauriedale

lauriedale

Drop him and replace him with Ben Henry asap 
craigcooper

craigcooper

He is a good replacement, that's for sure. 
lauriedale

lauriedale

Yeah mate, I reckon we've got enough boys we can bring on this year. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

I must admit, from the outside looking in, this one baffled me.
I'd have thought Taylor had a better chance of attempting to retain a spot at the Warriors, than go to Penrith.

Ah well, his call. 
warriorpoet

warriorpoet

I was disappointed when i first heard that he was leaving, but after giving it a few days i'm ok with it. He has said that he prefers to play lock (and seemed to be getting groomed to take over from michael luck), so when todd lowrie was signed i think the writing was on the wall that he would look elsewhere.

He was pretty much the face of the rumoured player revolt against bluey and did speak out about wanting tony iro as coach. When matt elliott was signed and tony iro left i think that stopped any chance of us retaining him. The names that i've heard mentioned that didn't like bluey as coach and wanted iro to get the job are taylor, brown, maloney and ropati. So now that 3 are gone, or going, things should improve. Expect ropati to leave as well, i've heard rumours that he's close to signing with another club (possibly superleague) 
TerryG

TerryG

Good post Warrior Poet. Hope you're right about this being the last defection.

Another point was raised by RadioSport who suggested Penrith threw some serious coin at Taylor.

His new club certainly have the cash to do it. Gus Gould freed up about $600k of cap just by dumping Michael Jennings, now with the Sydney Roosters. The others to recently jump ship at the Panthers were Mitch Achurch (Leeds Rhinos), Chris Armit (retired), Travis Burns (Hull Kingston Rovers), Sandor Earl (Canberra Raiders), Sarafu Fatiaki (Redcliffe), Michael Gordon (Cronulla Sharks), Luke Lewis (Cronulla Sharks), Nafe Seluini (Sydney Roosters), Harry Siejka (New Zealand Warriors), Etu Uaisele (Wyong), Junior Vaivai (St George Illawarra Dragons).….although Michael Gordon and Luke Lewis could be regretting their move to Cronulla at the moment.

Losing Lewis Brown stings a little more than losing E.T., but I wish them every success. 
lauriedale

lauriedale

As long as he puts in a hundy this year thats all i care about. 
chookdance

chookdance

he shouldn't be playing hooker thats for sure 
lauriedale

lauriedale

yeah mate, he's a lock for sure. i know its only round one but we better improve quick smart. i cant take too much more of that shit. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Taylor at hooker baffled me.
He was alright, but with Mara, Godinet and even Havili that can player hooker - surely you'd go with someone that is familiar with the position? 
craigcooper

craigcooper

They should have at least started with Godinet. Taylor isn't any kind of hooker. It's such an important role in the side, you need someone who knows how to fill it. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

you guys have a new coach right? 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Oh ha bloody ha. :lol: 
lauriedale

lauriedale

Using Taylor at hooker instead of Godinet, Mara or Havili really makes me wonder about what the new coach is thinking. I mean surely even he can see that Elijah's not a hookers arse hole. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

Yeah, just struck me as odd.
I mean, you even had a guy that could play hooker in Godinet in the side - play him! Wonder if Elliott will persist with him at hooker. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

I hope not. Better to play him in his accustomed back row. That is where he is best suited IMO. 
Chewbacca

Chewbacca

I'd certainly hope not, either.
I'd like to see you guys do well - lot of likable players in your team. 
TerryG

TerryG

Taylor didn't completely reek.

In fact he was the game's stand-out for most tackles (40 in 58 mins) followed by Mannering (35 in 80 mins), Matulino (32 in 52 mins ), Matt Keating (32 in 80 mins) and Lowrie (31 in 80 mins).

M.E. will still want to use Taylor somewhere and for as many minutes as possible.

You can hear M.E.'s post match interview at this link:

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/audio/news-audio/201303/20130309-warriors-elliott.mp3

3. Matulino
2. Godinet
1. Neilsen 
vincent619

vincent619

WHY is taylor going ? mahnn that sucks.! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181