The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

RD 4 Warriors V Cowboys

craigcooper

craigcooper

Veteran prop Sam Rapira and winger Glen Fisiiahi have both been named to return for the Vodafone Warriors’ fourth-round NRL clash against North Queensland at Mount Smart Stadium on Easter Monday (6.00pm kick-off; game day sponsor: Red Bull). Photosport.
Rapira missed last Sunday’s contest against Cronulla with a hand injury but has been cleared to take his place in the front row while Fisiiahi has been named on the wing after being on bereavement leave following his sister’s death.
Rapira slots into the front row for younger brother Steve, now out of action for three to four weeks after an ugly ear injury received when Cronulla prop Ben Ross lifted his knee as Rapira tackled him. Ross was subsequently charged with a grade one dangerous contact offence but won’t miss a match after taking an early guilty plea.
With Fisiiahi named, Bill Tupou has been moved to a five-man bench while 19-year-old Ngani Laumape, who became Vodafone Warrior No 180 on Sunday, is retained on the other wing following an impressive debut. He finished as the team’s top metre gainer with 116 from 13 runs.
“There was little to be pleased about in our performance against Cronulla but Ngani’s effort was certainly one really positive feature,” said Vodafone Warriors head coach Matthew Elliott.
“He has worked hard throughout the off season and did all he could in the trials and for the Vulcans. He didn't let anyone down at all on Sunday.”

Injuries again severely restricted Elliott’s selection options for the encounter with the Cowboys.
The Vodafone Warriors went into Sunday’s clash against Cronulla with 12 of their contracted NRL players on the injured list as well as having Fisiiahi unavailable. A few minutes into the game the count grew to 13 when Steve Rapira was forced off with a grisly ear injury which later needed plastic surgery to repair.
As well as the younger Rapira, other props on the casualty list were Russell Packer (bicep), Sione Lousi (knee), Sam Lousi (foot), Charlie Gubb (jaw) and Sam Rapira.
Other players out of contention were Manu Vatuvei (ankle), Nathan Friend (shoulder), Jerome Ropati (knee), Harry Siejka (concussion), Carlos Tuimavave (hand) and Dominique Peyroux (jaw) while hooker Alehana Mara (ankle) was injured playing for the Vulcans on Saturday.
While Sam Rapira is back the only player confirmed to return this week is Siejka, who has been named in the halves for the Vulcans’ encounter with Windsor on Monday.
The Vodafone Warriors’ first appearance of the season at Mount Smart Stadium coincides with an Easter Monday festival of football. It will start at 1.35pm with the Auckland Vulcans taking on the Windsor Wolves in their New South Wales Cup followed by the NYC encounter between the Vodafone Junior Warriors and the Cowboys (3.45pm) and the NRL contest at 6.00pm.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
6.00pm, Monday, April 1
Referees: Gavin Badger and Henry Perenara
VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 GLEN FISIIAHI
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 KONRAD HURRELL
5 NGANI LAUMAPE
6 THOMAS LEULUAI
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 ELIJAH TAYLOR
10 BEN MATULINO
11 BEN HENRY
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 TODD LOWRIE
Interchange:
14 JACOB LILLYMAN
15 FELETI MATEO
16 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
17 PITA GODINET
18 BILL TUPOU
HEAD COACH: MATTHEW ELLIOTT 
View all 33 comments
lauriedale

lauriedale

I hope we put in a good effort this week and a bit of luck goes our way too. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Us last night is prof it can happen. I mean us and warriors were basically same coming Into this round ;) 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Hopefully, we can replicate your great winning performance last night. No pressure but. 
lauriedale

lauriedale

Lets go boys, hopefully we can move their big pack around and get some of our smaller quick guys to have a go around the fringes. Big ask but let's take it to them. 
knitey

knitey

Come on Warriors, just play 80mins of footy at your potential. 
lauriedale

lauriedale

amen to that brother 
craigcooper

craigcooper

A win. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Told ya Muppet :) 
alchemist

alchemist

well done on the win... well deserved

although i still think your halves in particular need to take more responsibility and make better choices... for example, 6 points up, the Cowboys drop the ball giving the Warriors a set of 6 in the Cowboys half, closing minutes of the game, i expected the Warriors to move the ball closer to the posts and just go for a field goal... but they didn't and then put up a bad 5th tackle option 
lauriedale

lauriedale

Thanks Al, yep I'm sure most of us will agree with you regarding our halves mate, it's the bread and butter plays they need to keep working on and I'm sure they are. The better we get at the percentage game the better quality opportunities we give ourselves when we need to play off our instincts. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

You did, you certainly did. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

One is young and the other new. It will take a bit of time. Just hope they can use this win as a stepping stone. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Both Kevin Locke and Ben Henry suffering from concussion. Both will go through medical tests to be fit for next weekend. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

The Warriors survived the last two minutes to record their first win since last July and end an 11-match losing streak.

Halfback Shaun Johnson's penalty three minutes from time took the home side out to a 20-12 lead, before winger Antonio Winterstein scored late for the Cowboys.
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Having used up their substitutions, they played the last few minutes with 12 men, after Ben Henry went off with concussion.
Earlier, the Warriors, who already have a lengthy casualty list, saw Dane Nielsen go off with a rib problem and a groggy Kevin Locke helped off after a heavy tackle.
The three join a lengthy Warriors injury list, although centre Jerome Ropati, winger Manu Vatuvei and possibly prop Russell Packer are set to be available against South Sydney on Sunday.

Coach Matthew Elliott expressed pride in the Warriors' ability to overcome adversity.
"I'm just really happy for the players,'' Elliott said.
"I think the word pride is sometimes overused, but the adversity that we encountered in that game, losing three outside backs and having to finish the game with 12 men - it was probably the best way we could eke out a result.''
The result meant a third defeat in a row for the Cowboys.

Skipper Johnathan Thurston said the Cowboys simply made too many errors after the break.
"Second half, they just controlled the ball,'' he said.
"They were a lot better than us and that's where we lost the game.
"Nine errors against any side in 40 minutes of football - you just can't compete with that.''
The Warriors' comeback began just before halftime with an Elijah Taylor try.
It continued early in the second half after a 100-metre attack that started with a Kevin Locke offload in his own in-goal.
Young winger Ngani Laumape's kick-and-chase forced a repeat set, and Johnson jinked his way past four tacklers to touch down.
He added the conversion to make it 12-12.
The Warriors hit the front for the first time in a game this season after a reprieve when the Cowboys had a try disallowed for a play-the-ball obstruction.
From the penalty, a well-structured attack ended with centre Konrad Hurrell finding a hole to the tryline.
Johnson again added the conversion.
As both teams fatigued from the pace of the game, errors crept in.
Twice the Cowboys let slip try scoring opportunities that could have drawn them back level.
First centre Brent Tate was sent clear, but fullback Matthew Bowen couldn't hang on to the pass with the line clear.
With nine minutes to go, another Tate pass to an open Kalifa Faifai Loa was ruled forward.
Earlier, the Warriors made a spirited start, playing with some adventure, but it was the Cowboys who hit the front first.
Johnathan Thurston's kick ahead was blocked but the Cowboys regathered and worked the ball to Faifai Loa, who produced a superb one-handed diving finish.
Thurston added the extras from the sideline and then a penalty, before the visitors got their second try.
After getting five successive sets, twice when the Warriors couldn't quite hold on to intercepts, the Cowboys eventually converted their flood of possession to put Tate over.
At 12-0 down, the Warriors finally hit back to score their first first-half points of the year.
They couldn't take advantage of Shaun Johnson's third 40-20 of the season.
But with seconds to go till half-time, they finished off a messy period of play from both sides, with Johnson popping up to deliver the pass for Taylor to force his way over. 
lauriedale

lauriedale

Doc Mayhew definitely errs on the side of caution when it comes to concussion so they'll have their work cut out for them to be back next week. 
knitey

knitey

Hey Terry.......nzwarriorsonline.com 
RS_Dragon

RS_Dragon

i think you mean www.theNZwarriorsonline.com Knitey ;) 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Yes, pretty unbelievable, what has gone down. They never even bothered to let us moderators know about what was going to happen. Not to mention, we are unable to moderate our own forum sections. Pretty poor form by the new owners. 
knitey

knitey

Is that you Muppett? use the above link 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Also have lost my name and they have used my email name. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Yeah knitey, it's me 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Is that where everyone is going now or is there a general NRL site 
knitey

knitey

Good site buddy, small but friendly...heaps of potential, a great place to talk footy. 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Will have to go and check it out. 
knitey

knitey

excellent 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181