The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Cowboy signings

mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Aitkein has left Cowboys as his been named on the interchange bench for Cronulla in premier league this weekend. Saw this in Big League magazine.

He had Firman, Muspratt and McConnell to contend with in Young Guns so it's no real surprise. Keiran Kerr did the same thing last year.

Good luck to him anyway. 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Not surprising really with the players that were in front of him.

I'm assuming that Brett Andersen is still injured cause he will find it hard to break into the Young Guns lineup with the way their going at the moment. 
DeeJay1

DeeJay1

I like how the title of the first article is so blatent. 
Future

Future

i think that thurston has talent. but he is influenced easily. he plays dirty football and ignores his talent from time to time 
chris.petrie1

chris.petrie1

Ive just heard that the cowboys have just re signed Lillyman, thats good news for your club.

http://nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/1866/Default.aspx http://nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsArticle/tabid/76/NewsId/1866/Default.aspx 
nouseforaname

nouseforaname

looks likely that he'll head to the sharks, who need a solid centre, with vagana, scott and bailey all leaving the club 
Cribbage

Cribbage

No great loss really. Matt Bowen, Ty Williams, Paul Bowman, Mark Henry, Ashley Graham, Brenton Bowen and Neil Sweeney are more than enough players to cover the backline. I think Justin Smith is very under-rated as a centre as well, and Jensen is a former centre too.

The Cowboys could probably do with another halfback option, particularly if Firman goes, just to cover injuries and act as an insurance plan in case McConnell doesn't quite go to plan. 
SarahLCollins

SarahLCollins

Ash Graham is a liability, not an asset to the Cowboys. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

I know Parra fans loved to scapegoat him for losses, but he has really improved his defence since moving to the Cowboys, and has truly been a good buy for them.

I know you're dissapointed that you can't blame Ash for losses any more, but I think it's time to move on. He's been very good for the Cowboys. 
Hancock02

Hancock02

I cant see Bowman being the centres much longer.

Maybe he will do a Mundine and look at Boxing....heard he goes well Tread! 
Hancock02

Hancock02

What about these Monaghan Rumours? 
Cribbage

Cribbage

I think he'd be better off in the forwards, but with most of your forwards staying on (and the tremendous depth you have there anyway), he might just have to stay in the centres. Unless you do of course bolster your centre stocks, as you are suggesting. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Yeah, you're losing two very experienced players from your backline in Hannay and Sing, so I'm not sure if Murray will want to move your most experienced player out of that backline. {Bowen, Graham, Williams, Henry, Bowen} certainly has a lot of talent in it, but there isn't a great deal of experience or consistancy there.

I honestly think though, that if Bowman and Justin Smith were to be in the same side, Bowman should be in the back row with Smith in the centres. They have similar defensive games but I think Smith is just that little bit more potent as a wide runner, while Bowman could do a bit more of the hard stuff a bit closer in. In saying that though, I don't even think Smith has been re-signed yet. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Yeah, I really rate him as a centre. I think he'd do a great job there full time providing he had a flashy winger outside him like Ty Williams or Brenton Bowen.

As far as his contract status goes, I've heard several people mention his name as far as off contract players are concerned recently and he's listed on Sidhe forums by Kurdt who seems to have been pretty spot on. You probably know better than him though, especially if you've heard the Cowboys discuss their off contract playes, so I'll take your word for it. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Right, thanks for that. And am I right in recalling Lillyman re-signing afterwards for two years? 
Cribbage

Cribbage

I really hope he comes back to the Tigers, to be honest. Sheens was crazy for letting him go in the first place, and even crazier for not giving him a run in the finals.

I've also heard the Raiders are interested. 
LesAmber

LesAmber

Newcastle will use the 'Joey' & out of Sydney factors to try secure him... 
kasper2005

kasper2005

what's the go? 
Lamond

Lamond

Good signing. Scott has alot to offer in the centres and I reckon he could be your best buy for next year.....wait and see! 
matt260989

matt260989

Proof? Link maybe? 
sgil5652

sgil5652

It's definetly true, go to the cowboys V donkeys thread and read the first paragraph of Cowboys pip broncos 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Jeffries played for the Tigers - not the Panthers. I think he may have had a go with the Dragons as well. I definitely can't recall him playing for Penrith though. 
LesAmber

LesAmber

Two different players Prince 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Nope, the same player.

The "different" player is a winger/fullback who is currently playing for Balmain in Premier League by the name of Ben Jeffery. But I know it isn't him.

This guy is a halfback/five-eighth who played for Wests Tigers and St.George (and apparently Newcastle, although I don't remember that). 
SamIAm

SamIAm

brent mcconnell to the broncos for next year...

perhaps it'll be seymour to the titans and jason smith to the cowboys 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - 2014 QLD MURRI UNDER 15 TEAM. 1. Braydon Trindall 2, Denzell Burns 3. Tramaine Spry 4. Damien Burke 5, Tyrell Douglas-Denduck 6. Travis T...
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
sportsrugby - Live New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming TV info, video, score, highlights, preview, result.Watch NZ Al...
TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181