The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Cowboy signings

Cribbage

Cribbage

Unless its my club, I dont like seeing it.

I want to see the best players playing first grade, and having Paul Stephenson and Ashley Alberts play first grade, and have Brenton Bowen and Jason Barsley play Qld Cup, doesnt live up to this... 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Indeed we do. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

yes and no.
Players like Steve Southern and Justin Smith i think are more deserving than those you mentioned as outside backs (possible exception of BB.) Another way to let some of those backs through would be to move bowen to 7, Ty to fullback and then that creates a chance for BB and Barsley and Solomona. But then we bought Firman, you don't want him playing too much Q-cup either. I like having handy players to fill in for injuries, i don't like having good players in the Q-cup cause it is frustrating that they can't get a go and a player like Darren Mapp is going to get over 220 to play for the sharks... 
Cribbage

Cribbage

They'd make it anyway though... it would be someone like Lillyman or Luck that would miss out. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

yeah but then we would be without a prop on the bench imo cause Jensen and Faiumu are fixtures 
TimBrasher

TimBrasher

Whats your source on anderson signing TTread, i thought he hadnt decided on the tigers or cowboys yet... 
TimBrasher

TimBrasher

Cheers Tread, I was really hoping the Tigers nabbed him.... Still nothing official but local papers are usually on the money 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Does anyone know if Dean Payne and Shane Muspratt re-signed with Cowboys? 
Kantok

Kantok

Also didn't Michael Luck bid farewell with a lap of Dairy Farmers after the last game last year? I thought he was in NZ's sights. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

How dare you, Tread! How dare you! 
Animal

Animal

How big is he?(Cashmere) I know he's tall but I heard he's only 100kg, is he built like ra or McNicholas any photos??
thanx 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Yeah, I was very dissapointed to see him go. I rate him higher than Galloway, Gibbs and Harris, and I think it was silly for us to buy Galloway when we already had the Cashman.

Either way, Im still not impressed by your use of the phrase "West Tigers." 
slip

slip

According to the Footy show panel he is the trillion dollar man! Thurston has been very good this year and they are all now jumping on the bandwagon yet again! Footy show idiots should lay off! 
slip

slip

Only because they weren't great and at times not even competitive. Although I remember the late 80's/early 90's with Parra! They weren't to flash but always appeared on TV. Parra must of been favorites! 
Stereo

Stereo

not without good reason if you think about it. Now they are clearly the benchmark in the NRL. 
magpie_man

magpie_man

and, to a lesser extent, the tigers 00-04.
last year's grand final was fantastic for that reason. 
mankind

mankind

great player i just hope ego and money dont turn him into a dickhead 
gaviny

gaviny

I'm sure he'll be with the Titans next year.He was down the coast over a month ago at Sanctuary Cove ,maybe to talk with the Titan's management. 
alchemist

alchemist

in truth, i think both the Cowboys and QLD have better players to choose from than Hannay 
aeast15

aeast15

I noticed Greg Brynes name there, tigertread do you know how he has been going, another boy from up this way, Atherton to be exact. I always thought he had quality, but I felt it would take 2 or 3 years for him to build up to be ready for NRL or QLD cup.
One of those kids who could just end up being a good country first grader, or much more depending on how he developed.

On Hannay, obviously he is on the outer a little bit. He is a very solid defencive player, but when at his best hits very good inward lines. Not really a player who does it on his own. But he is a first grader just on his defence alone, if the cowboys don't want him someone should snatch him up. You just wouldn't buy him with a plan that he would be your attacking lynchpin. A bit in the Devere mould.

On cooper, I personally think he may be a backrower, doesn't seem to quite have the speed for first grade centre. I'm not bagging him, he looks good and strong. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

I'm with you on that one. He looks very promising, but he's a backrower if ever I've seen one. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

That post looks quite ironic with "Hannay will be at the Gold Coast in 2007" attached to the bottom of it in your signature! 
Syren

Syren

I think he is GC bound, from memory he was dropped at one stage last year as well. 
Stereo

Stereo

he'll be in valuable if the cowboys get a few injuries, certainly a better footballer than Ashley Graham 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

That's a blow for us!!!!! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168