The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Cowboy signings

booza

booza

Sheps gone and a few more to follow in the next few days, all very capable players I strongly believe should've been held onto. It seems our recruiting of southern players has stripped the club of funds to keep the local boys, and is ripping the soul out of us (of me anyway). The letting go of Shep ,and another great club man in a 2nd rower has hit the boys hard, the good byes at training this arvo were very emotional to say the least.The boy's had a huge wake at Sheps house last night, training this morning would've been hard.
Our Young Guns are slowly but surely being shafted.
Fien a Warrior - I've gone soft on them
Shep a Dragon - I've given them too much over the years, can't go there
My favorite 2nd rower - Will make us proud where ever he ends up.
Thanks for the memories fellas, we did it tough but it made us staunch. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

Your kidding, a bloke who is no where near rep-footy is on over 200k a year? 120 sounds about right, hope is willing to take a cut after the roosters stop paying. I still wanna see McConnel. But idealy i want a thurston / bowen halves combo with ty at fullback and maybe Solomona in the centres...next year 
Animal

Animal

With Mango in the halves, where would you like to play Firman for the next 2 1'2 years. 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

I for one am not happy with the players Cowboys are letting go. Losing Sheppard is one thing but to lose Luck and J-Lo as well is going be to hard to endure.
I'm already feeling the effects of losing Sheppard cause his always been a favourite of mine as is Micheal Luck. Losing both of them will be horror. 
Undertaker

Undertaker

I'd like Michael Luck at Parramatta but i don't think we will sign him, We have been chasing him for a few years though. 
Grizzly

Grizzly

well thats 2 front rowers gone.... with apparently sargent on the way. they would want to hope that they sign josh perry or someone of his calibre, if they dont i think they will be in a spot of bother next year. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

I like seeing signings like this.

Someone leaving a club where they are stuck in reserves and going to a club where they will play a lot of first grade really improves the state of a comp, and I love seeing it.

Shame for the Cowboys though, thats two props gone... I guess you werent always going to keep your outstanding depth in [i]all[/i] areas. 
DavePSI

DavePSI

G'day Queenslanders..

This Lowe bloke, is he a decent player? 
sgil5652

sgil5652

he is an inconsisent player Dave PSI. most days rips people apart in reserve grade n is capable of doing the same in the 1's, just struggles to string 3-4 good quality games in a row. But at 22, he is a very good prop, i think most props start to hit their straps at about the 24-26 mark so i would say he is a very good investment. 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

It would be a huge mistake if Luck went to Parra cause really what would they do with him? Take a look at Muckert.

I for one hopes that Luck does stay at Cowboys and if there is enough room in the salary cap try to re-sign Chris Muckert back to Cowboys next year. 
Undertaker

Undertaker

I like Chris Muckert, But he has too many good players in front of him at Parramatta, Ditto Shane Muspratt who came back to Nth Qld didn't he? and now he is off-contract? running around in the Queensland Cup?

Anyway Muckert will probaley be released from Parramatta and end up at Souths or somewhere. 
Undertaker

Undertaker

Good to hear, But i think Perry will stay in Newcastle. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

I wonder if Ben Ross is being talked to? probably would be asking a bit much but 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Really good news. Really good prop but he just needs more game time than just playing what was it 33 minutes on Sunday but he played really well when he was on the field. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

yeah i am a sarge fan, he is a very good bench prop but i sometimes think he isn't given a fair go by muzz, but none of the bench players are except for faiumu and jensen, i think he likes to rotate them to give everyone experience and give everyone = chance to impress on the big stage 
sgil5652

sgil5652

could be another Ra 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Could be a very good signing in the vein of Rauhihi, Morrison, O'Donnell, Southern and co. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

i just more meant that he is old for an unexperienced prop, other clubs may not want him or see much in him ect. hope so anyway but then again he still hasn't signed and it is more than likely next year we will have

8. Webb
10. Tronc
17. Sargeant

and i am happy with that 
aaron.davys

aaron.davys

The guy is soft for a big guy! hes not much of a workhorse and has very questionable hands. He off contract next year is he? for some reason I thought he was tied up with us for a couple more years? 
Cribbage

Cribbage

Cross was useless early in the season, but he has really impressed me in the last two weeks.

I think he plays better in the second row. 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Not too worried cause we have Sarge, Tronc, Scott, B-Lo, Limpus, James Anderson who can fill the void.

Btw, I just noticed that J-Lo and Luck are not playing for Young Guns this week are they injured? 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

That's fantastic news. Good to see Lillyman and Amos remain with Cowboys.

As far as Brett Anderson goes do Cowboys really need him? We got enough backs as it is but I guess with David Myles leaving and Jason Barsley probably leaving at seasons end then it makes some sense. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

ANOTHER quality outside back??

You really will have a wealth of talent in that department next season... perhaps Bowman has finally decided to move back to lock. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

If Bowman moves to lock, he would join Odonnel, Southern, Smith and Norton in the back-row, and people like Luck, Lillyman and Bolton will never get a crack. He is having a great season in the centres imo he should stay there 
Cribbage

Cribbage

But you have even MORE depth in the outside backs!

Bowen, Williams, Hannay, Bowman, Sing - thats your starting backline.

Then you have a whole host of first grade quality backs who will be playing for the Guns, including Brenton Bowen, Sweeney, Barsley and now Anderson. Not to mention young players coming through like Payne and Solomona. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168