The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Cowboy signings

mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Hmm interesting signing and just in time for the start of their pre-season training.
That's a good signing cause it gives Cowboys more depth in the centres. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

he adds good utility value. I think we should chase that yank Nate Smith. I know we have outstanding depth at 1,2 and 5 but this guy was awesome in the match V the world champions. It was the worst game of rugby league i have ever seen in my life but i would love to see him in cowboys colours, he looked soooo good 
Marv

Marv

I am Knights man through and through, but if all these sinings go through, coupled with the players retained, the future of the far north looks awesome. says alot about the staff and culture there for so many to stay on who clearly would have recieved attention from other clubs. Good luck 2005! 
sgil5652

sgil5652

Considering we have lost Rauhihi, i think that having Tronc, Webb and Jlowe + Matthew Scott and Ben Lowe coming through (have a feeling we won't offer Sarge another one) i think we are ok for Props but i still think we should invest in an up and comer, my picks would be

1) The storms Antonio Kafusi - Hails from Bundaberg i am pretty sure and then came to brisbane on scholarship for union and was outstanding. Was quiet last year for the storm, but in a few goes this year he has really performed IMO. Will find it hard to get a go for the storm with Kearns, Chan, McDonald n co ahead of him and i think he could push for a regular bench spot with us.

2) The Broncos Sam Thaiday - I think he is from Townsville? Not sure if he is off-contract? But he is behind Webke, Civoniciva, Parker, Thorn, Carlaw and i think will have to wait a few years before he commands a place on the bench. Bring him home i say.

I think we should steer clear of buying an established rep player (Bailey) as it hampers us through Origin and will cost too much. We should use the money from Ra to top up ALL of our players contracts next time round, and maybe take a punt on an up and comer... 
Hancock02

Hancock02

both Thaiday and Leoryd are off contract at the end of this year. 
Animal

Animal

With Scott, Anderson And Puffy ( B LO) why do we need other forwards. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

I just thought cause we were losing a Dally M prop of the year Test captain... 
Cisco

Cisco

Brett Firman may be released from Roosters at end of season. Seen talking to a couple of cowboy officials on Saturday night. Could be pick up for cowboys for 2006. What do you think? 
sgil5652

sgil5652

waste of money, he was 2nd choice Dragons halfback thats why they released him, he is in the roosters 2nd div cause Brett Finch is better than him, and we already have Thurston, Sheppard, Myles and McConnel + Brady Payne coming through. 
Baileyana

Baileyana

He showed a lot of promise when he was at the Dragons but something happened to him after he broke his leg and was rejected by us in favour of head, maybe he lost motivation, who knows but he's ordinary enough now to have makeshift halves running around ahead of him at the Roosters. 
DarkManX

DarkManX

A Thurston/Firman combination would be good. You cant rely on inconsistent players like Myles and Sheppard to be playing in the halves. Better yet you cant reply on Justin Smith playing pivot. Sign Firman. Roosters dont need him. 
khalil

khalil

I was excited when Roosters signed him.

but he is a waste. he needs motivation he is getting 150k and playing in the rserves with walker where they belong 
MacarthurSaints

MacarthurSaints

firman was a great player with the dragons the only negative i had about him was, mistakes he made were at crucial times and often led to tries, he was good with the dragons cause he had a few guys around him that played well togeather, maybe he just needs certain players around him that click togeather, give him another chance somewhere he was a up and coming great player, hmmm would the dragons get him back for seasons end??

Mundine or firman,hmmmmmm id opt for firman! 
sgil5652

sgil5652

David Myles is not consistent is he? If you are going to make up stuff then do it in another forum. I predict Travis Norton will be our 5/8 at the end of the year cause we have too many good back rowers and he offers more in attack than Smith. Next year or beyond Brent McConnel will be in the halves with Thurston 
rocky139_169

rocky139_169

I can't understand why Sweeney re-signed so quickly.

Didn't do much against the Dragons and has only played one game for the Young Guns all season. Would have thought that BB would have been the priority to re-sign. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

I suspect Sweeney was happy to sign for a lot less than Brenton, and thats why he was signed up first.

As for Faiumu, I really rate this guy. He looked quite good last year, but this year he looks to be a bit stronger, and his dummy-half passing has been quicker. Hes been a revelation since returning from injury, and has gone vitually un-noticed. IMO he has "dibs" on Halatau's bench place in the NZ test side. Halatau plays second row and hooker for NZ, which are Faiumu's best positions, as apposed to Halatau, who has never played hooker for the Tigers at all. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

i think Fauimu should start at hooker for the kiwis, he is better than Betham ,but i dont know much about robbie paul 
bradsom

bradsom

What's doing with Neil Sweeney? Whispers he was heading home to Newie 
sgil5652

sgil5652

Mason would be good but to replace Rah, but we have a lot of stock anyway, i think if we do chase it should be an up and comer like Kafusi, Paleenisina or Learoyd-lars. So far i am thinking
6. Norton

8. Webb
9. Payne
10. Tronc
11. Odonnel
12. Southern
13. Smith 
LesAmber

LesAmber

How old is this McConnel you all talk about? he appears to have alot of raps on him, is he being looked at by ppl, as Firman & Sheappard are now there behind Thurston & whoever you choose from your second rowers to play at 5/8th as Bowen playes 5/8th in attack any way 
NGNJordan

NGNJordan

I think Firman is a good player... He was brilliant before he broke his leg, and it obviously down on confidence this year. If he can get back to some of his 2003 form, he'll be a great signing for the Cowboys. He was 'the next big thing' back then, and I've got no doubt he still has the ability. He could turn out to be another Johnathan Thurston. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

Now not in first grade we have

Chris Sheppard
David Myles
Brent McConnel
Shane Musspratt
Brady Payne,

We certainly have a lot of depth when you consider in the 1st grade side, Norton, Bowen, Payne and Faiumu could all fill in in the halves as well 
teegy

teegy

Myles could be a GC player soon he started his career their i think 
MC1

MC1

The thing is, you guys will be paying only $120k for him for the next two year, with the Roosters footing the other $100k 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Been hearing that Shepps has gone to Dragons which is a shame IMO.

I hope Luck and J-Lo stays at Cowboys. I'm not too worried if Rocket Rod goes, we got some good young players who are looking the goods (Lillyman, Bolton, Dean Payne, Dalle Cort). 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.
qldr80 - Also in regards to the girl on the DD team, I have seen her play at club level and I can tell you she definitely holds her own. Was a sha...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168