The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Cowboy signings

Baileyana

Baileyana

It's good to see the cowboys feeding and supporting that local talent, the more we keep bringing through to the NRL the better for the Cowboys and the game. They've built a strong team from at one stage being constant cellar dwellers like they're supposed to, developing and supporting local talent. 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Great news that Neil Sweeney resigned for another year. 
Cribbage

Cribbage

What do you think the chances of Sorbello resigning are? 
sgil5652

sgil5652

todays paper said brent mconnel is favourtie to get QLD cup player of the year, maybe shep and thurston will have some competition next year which is healthy 
GlennC

GlennC

Kieran Kerr is a huge signing for the Cowboys it's just many probably don't realise yet (Dogs fans might).

One of the big failures of the Tigers 2004 was not once experimenting with Prince at 5/8 and Kerr at 1/2. We will never know if it could have worked.

Kerr with Thurston on the back of the Cowboys pack will form a lethal combo. 
GlennC

GlennC

They are talking over the Wests Tigers site like he has but I haven't seen official confirmation.

Kerr behind good forwards will be awesome, believe me. 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

I agree about Kieran Kerr; his a top player and a great signing for the Cowboys.

I think in all the games he played for Tigers this year, they won so it makes you wonder why Tigers would release him.

It's gonna be a tough battle for Muzz next year, deciding who to start at 5/8 and halfback.
I'd personally start with Sheps and Myles cause they work well together and have Thurston, Kerr and McConnell start in QLD Cup.

That's sad to see Watkins go to Broncos. Anyone know what's happening with Strickers, J-Lo, Vaasa, Sorbello and Aaron Morgan? Out of that lot, probably Strickers, J-Lo and Sorbello would resign and maybe Vaasa but Morgs would probably get released. 
GlennC

GlennC

Kerr's last game in first grade was against Canberra. That night Hayne reffed his last first grade match he was so bad in the Raiders favor. Canberra had over 100 extra tackles and eventually won 32-24.

Kerr was poor behind a forward pack constantly reeling backwards and a side totally fatigued and coming off 2 massive floggings the 2 weeks prior.

Kerr was treated unfairly IMO and a change of clubs will probably do him the world of good. He is a first grader and i think he will cement a spot at the Cowboys. 
drosse02

drosse02

is Jaiman Lowe still off contract, i wouldn't mind Manly looking at him 
drosse02

drosse02

then who is J Lo 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

[QUOTE=Retread]Sorbello to Wynnum, I don't know how true it is.
[url="http://forums.rleague.com/showthread.php?p=86063#post86063[/QUOTE"][url="http://forums.rleague.com/showthread.php?p=86063#post86063"]http://forums.rleague.com/showthread.php?p=86063#post86063 [/QUOTE ]
Who's gonna be the backup fullback? Neil Sweeney? Drew Campbell? Jimmy Andersen?
Actually I think it might be Brenton Bowen. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

Would make sense when you look at this year
Fullback #1 is bowen, #2 is Ty and then in the young guns at the very end of the season Brenton Bowen and Neil Sweeny were named at fullback when they played. He is a great talent but is in a long queue and must want some exposure to other clubs so he can make a living outa footy 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Yeah, I think Brenton Bowen will gone after 2005, or he should wait till the end of 2006 where Sing will probably go to UK or retire. 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

Is that accurate news? That's good that Strickers is staying for at least another year.

Good Luck to Morgs. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

Va'saa will play this year, he is in australia at the moment 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

That's great news. So what his resigned? 
sgil5652

sgil5652

I am not too sure on contractual details, but a mate of mine was in a gym in bris, and was introduced to him by Hale's mate who he had seen around, and Hale said he was a young gun and was playing next season.... 
Undertaker

Undertaker

The Cowboys made 3 excellent signings in:

Jonathan Thurston-Something the cowboys needed as they haven't had a 5/8th since O'Neill left the Club.

Carl Webb- Gives the Cowboys even more power up front,Could turn out to be the signing of the year.

Justin Smith- Underated Backrower,Was a gun at St George then just wasted at Souths,He will turn it all around and make a good fist of it at the Cowboys plus he will be a great backup for Josh Hannay. 
mcroshaw

mcroshaw

According to the Big League 2004 Yearbook, Jamie McDonald has joined Melbourne Storm in 2005. Maybe that's a last minute decision by J-Mac and Storm.
Hope he has better luck with injury at Storm. That's a good signing by Storm. His a hardworking prop and gives his all. 
sgil5652

sgil5652

elaboration??? 
sgil5652

sgil5652

is this a guess, or you know something - enlighten us all with how you know this 
sgil5652

sgil5652

just wanted to know if u were speculating or you knew something. So what you are going to wait for the result and then say i told you so if he doesnt stay with us, or if he does stay with us you are going to say i was guessing??? Whats with the attitude these days? 
sgil5652

sgil5652

i never said you said that you were guessing. You said he wont be there, and did not give a reason as to how you knew that, so i am left to ask you are you guessing or do you know this for a fact which you have yet to answer.

Heard a rumor at work that Tronc upgraded his contract another 2 years? any truth to this? 
Animal

Animal

Any idea what positions some of these new kids play, any props???? 
bails

bails

FYI Ben Laity said he is playing for Toulouse in Froggy land 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play St Pat's Gympie Monday week.
ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181