The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

American pschopaths continue to mass murder .......

rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Makes me think of a movie with Michael Douglas called, Falling Down.

Just cracked. 
professional

professional

Where do you get this stuff from? I'm quite capable of arguing on my own behalf, I don't need Maximus inventing my positions and opinions for me.

I would love it to be an easy fix but that doesn't mean that I think it will be. I think gun legislation is the easiest and most effective option, that doesn't mean I think the process itself will be easy. In fact I think I've indicated that it would be a long difficult process of providing incentives and thereby getting people to change their behaviour over time. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

The Liza Long story is relevant as it spelled out loud and clear that the mental health system in America is f*cked.

Nobody will ever know Adam Lanza's Mother's story ........because Adam shot and killed her

before killing 20 innocent children in a murderous psychopathic rampage.

Whether or not Asperger's ......Autism ...whatever, triggered these actions, IMO is besides the point.

He was obviously a troubled and disturbed young man that had been left to fend for himself amongst a broken and troubled family, which in turn had been abandoned by an under funded and failed mental health care system. 
professional

professional

The latter part is a matter for conjecture. You're leaping to conclusions based on evidence that you don't possess.

I doubt you understand anything more about Lanza's situation than any other newspaper reader does and there is certainly not enough information to form as clear a picture as you've tried to. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

This last comment in bold when compared to a smashed computer hard drive found at the home of Adam Lanza could be construed as interesting.

Now I'm not suggesting that someone who suffers from Autism>Aspergers is automatically going to be a psychopathic killer, but then again I'm not as arrogant as some or have a vested interest like some, to discount it either way.

I think those of us who choose to stand back and look at things objectively can't beyond reasonable doubt afford to form such despotic views as you have. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

bandwagon

bandwagon

You suck 
TheTongue

TheTongue

Seen Obama shedding tears for the 20 children, pleeease....I like to see him shed tears to the hundreds of young kids in Afghanistan that die from US and NATO airstrikes in a meaningless war. 
professional

professional

I think if you want to claim to have "objectively" looked at things you should show a little more knowledge of mental health issues. Most of the stuff you've said so far indicates a 5 minute read of Wikipedia followed by random quoting of facts and statements. 
professional

professional

Third possible option is that you are completely uninformed on the matter.

http://www.boston.com/dailydose/2012/12/17/link-between-autism-and-planned-violence-discounted-experts/4zR3RIA6210AYEvhjJisJK/story.html Link between autism and planned violence discounted by experts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know you aren't trying to link autism with violence as an absolute but you've also been trying to claim that there is a link of sorts. Among professionals and researchers there is little to no dispute in this matter.

There is no evidence to link Asperger's or autism to violence. More importantly, there is no evidence linking it to premeditated violence, which is the kind that is relevant to this discussion. Nor does the opinion of any medical professionals link autism or Asperger's to premeditated violence.

If you want to keep bringing up stuff like this then I suggest you do a couple things:

1. Get a degree
2. Do some research and publish a report
3. Get it peer-reviewed

Otherwise you're just going against the general view of a wide range of experts. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Luv you 
MrFourex

MrFourex

You / anyone is able to see that there is nowhere near the levels of certainty and agreement regarding links to violent behaviour and the Autism spectrum that you are trying to proclaim amongst the mental health practitioners community.

What is certain and something that they would all agree on, is the subject needs more research......more funding ........more time.....more effort, all of which is lacking in the current mental health care system that America has today.

That I believe has been my argument all along. America needs to re-evaluate how it has administered it's mental health care system and how it's allowed it to virtually disintegrate beyond the means and needs of it's professionals and of it's citizens. As a case in point, in relation to it's escalating shooting spree/massacres that appear to be spiralling out of control, it has to be as worthy of consideration as is the daunting task of trying to legislate gun reforms. 
MrChook

MrChook

Two firefighters shot dead, 2 more wounded as they pull up to fight a blaze in the US...

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world/two-firefighters-shot-dead-in-us/story-e6frfkui-1226543176867 
Lewis06

Lewis06

:D Not sure if you are trying to imitate a doctor or a politician. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Quality points......well done! :thumbs: 
professional

professional

[QUOTE=Mr Fourex;1468063]I don't believe any of that is necessary to debate the subject with you. As much as you would have us believe that your "expert" view is absolute.....it is still just your opinion and it's open for conjecture.[/quote]

An opinion shared by most professionals in this area.

You want to argue against that then I suggest you find some reports that support you or you should go and publish your own report. That is how scientific debate is conducted in the 21st century.

[QUOTE=Mr Fourex;1468063]You / anyone is able to see that there is nowhere near the levels of certainty and agreement regarding links to violent behaviour and the Autism spectrum that you are trying to proclaim amongst the mental health practitioners community.[/quote]

No, the statements they made regarding the connections between violence and ASD are quite clear. The stuff you've highlighted to try to show "uncertainty" or "disagreement" are relating to other things. Whatever uncertainty professionals have about these illnesses does obviously present an obstacle to their understanding of violence and austism. Otherwise they wouldn't have made such unequivocal statements about the matter.

The opinion of the medical profession is very clear. It is completely contrary to what you have said. This is no longer a matter of you simply disagreeing with my opinion. You are disagreeing with the very clear statements presented by experts in this area.

There is plenty of uncertainty about ASD, just not in the areas you are trying to claim. The stuff you've been trying to argue is bullshit. It has been rejected by multiple reports and groups that deal extensively with autism. Going through and highlighting disconnected passages to try to sow doubt is not going to change that. 
MrFourex

MrFourex

It undeniably is an issue.......undeniably is a problem and it's as important a discussion as the looming debate is on gun control. The mental health care system in America is failing.....it's been a rudderless ship for far too long. Now is as good as time as any for the American Government to take back the wheel, for it not to do so and to simply focus on the gun debate will only serve as a great injustice to the American people. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

So is there a link being reported/established between schizophrenia and autism, or is it merely the case that x number out of thousand people will be diagnosed as schizophrenic and some of them would happen to also be suffering an ASD? ( or indeed the other way round )

Given both are not exactly uncommon, I would have thought it a statistical anomaly worthy of study if there were not any cross over.

The point being, that if indeed this guy suffered from both, and there is no link between the two, taking into account that he has been reported as being diagnosed with an ASD, you would expect those with an interest in the disease to push the barrow. 
HarrySack

HarrySack

Disgusting 
professional

professional

The point that is important here is that I have not seen any credible source suggesting that Lanza suffered from schizophrenia. Nor in fact have most of these murderers.

I haven't gone through all the mass killings but just from memory, very few of these individuals have been linked with schizophrenia.

In fact the last one I can remember was Breivik in Norway. And a subsequent psychiatric report concluded that he wasn't schizophrenic nor was he undergoing psychosis during or after the attack, so take from that what you will ... 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Spotted this today.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/latest/15824992/australians-own-as-many-guns-as-in-1996/

And this from the SSAA by email.

Hi Les,

Thanks for your email. It is often stated by those in the firearms industry and sports shooting scene that following the Australian firearms buy-backs that many licensed firearms owners did indeed buy other and more firearms of lesser categories in a legal and legitimate manner with their buy-back ‘reimbursements’. However, we do not have the statistics at hand to support or prove this view.

Kind regards,

SSAA Media & Publications 
MrFourex

MrFourex

What other ones were there....?

Found 'em ......... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia

Still, what we've knocked up in 150 yrs ........the U.S has knocked up more in as little as 2 yrs.

Our gun laws must work ........

and I think mentally we are more stable as well. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Don't think it is the gun laws as deaths were going down at the same rate before as after. This will have to plateau.

Must be the mentality, life style, upbringing ? 
MrFourex

MrFourex

Haven't our gun laws though been more stringent than the U.S, even prior to the buy back scheme......? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168