The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Federal Election

annav3

annav3

why are they now on the Shapelle Corby bandwagon? 
annav3

annav3

I am from bulldog heart land Tony Burke. It will always be ALP 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

IMO that's just a cop out. The populace arent stupid. I don't think even the hierarchy of the ALP would be so arrogant as to support that view.

There is no shortage of views across all media - plenty of Labor love and plenty of Conservative support. We all know where to go to consume either of these.

If the ALP look to blame the media, they will be a long time in the wilderness without critical self assessment. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I am classed as SYdney City as I was living in redfern which is a very safe labor seat. It doesn't matter who I vote for as Labor will get in that seat they do every election.

Not saying I will taint my vote just stating facts. 
professional

professional

Stupid? No.

Misinformed? Yes.

People in general are very poorly informed about what is going on. But that has been an issue for every government. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Am I being cynical in that Julias excursion to western Sydney was more for damage Control.
I mean would she of gone there if the projections of Western Sydney alone delivering the Liberals Government were not real threats that even labor powerbrokers have admitted. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Yes they are. Media said Gillard lied about carbon tax and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Media still spruiking Rudd for PM and all blindly follow.

Too easily led.

I am not a Labor over all voter, but I feel they have done well in bad times.

It happens to both major parties when the media decides.

Even Hanson was done by media. Called racist because she said we were bringing in too many Asians. Howard then reduced Asian immigration and it was OK. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Misinformed, yes. Therefore led by the media. Stupid for not checking further.

And yes. Every Government. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Being misinformed is a choice of the individual. Pity they have a say....... 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Didn't I see that in the media? 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Problem is there is no single entity of the "media". There is heavy bias both ways. 
professional

professional

It is partly an individual choice but there is also the issue that some people and groups are intentionally lying and misleading people. People should still check their facts but in many cases that is far easier said than done. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Fail to see it. Ever watched the Bolte Report.

Even the cartoons in the Mail are blatantly anti Gillard. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

And now we have Gillard making statements almost indistinguishable from Hanson in relation to 457 visas and there is no comment on it. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

There is on my TV.

Hanson said nothing wrong as proved by Howard. 
professional

professional

:lol: Yeah, there has definitely been no shortage of comments on the topic. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

We are wasting each others time. Gillard is gone and there is nothing you or I can do about it.

Like complaining about the ref. :-)
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE] 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Lol, yeah I've seen the Bolt report. He is a conservative commentator. You know what you are going to get.

Same as reading Fairfax press, you know you aren't going to get balanced commentary. I don't know why conservatives get so worked up by the Age and SMH, just don't read it. Just as News publications are clearly pro coalition.

the ABC is the problem, it should be evan handed. Watching Q&A makes Andrew Bolt seem balanced by comparison! It seems they see the writing on the wall though. In recent weeks we've seen an apology issued on behalf of a senior commentator (Jon Faine) and a warning issued to the technology reporter over bias.

Bias is in the eye of the aggrieved though..... 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

I've got to stop watching the ABC then. I just see them accusing Scott Morrison of racism for speaking common sense. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

If labour were to dump Gillard, which I believe they won't. Is it too late?

Certainly removing her leadership prior to the election would be suicide in my opinion. Not because the populace would be sorry to see her go, but the ammunition in that would further assure a coalition victory.

But what if some else was touted to lead the party after the next election, so in effect they could remove her, with out the public blood letting that occurred with the removal of Rudd? 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I am beyond the age of worry. Seen too much shit on both sides for far too long. How the hell Hawke ever got to be PM is beyond me. And don't mention Peter Beattie or Joh.

Hell. I better stop now. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I would love to see it become even handed and do to Abbott, using Turnbull, as was done to Gillard using Rudd. Abbott only won by one vote.

Oh, and I think they would do themselves more damage with a switch now 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

is Turnbull was leader it would be much easier on who to vote for come election time :) 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Morrison was knee jerking, and it was lowest common denominator politics that none of the rest of his party were prepared to support.

There was not a shred of common sense in what he had to say, it simply defied all logic.

The guy is a ****ing twat.

Advocating policy based on a singular incident, when stats show clearly that the rate of that offence in the general population is far higher than that in the group he targeted is hatemongering and has no place in modern day Australia.

It borders on Nazi politics. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I would still vote for Gillard.

If Rudd was in charge, I may vote for Turnbull. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

DavidHatch - Was on last Sunday. Weir SS defeated Cairns West SS in Final. Not sure where Weir go next.
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168