The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Federal Election

Morkel

Morkel

* Argument suspended for scheduled football matters * 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Besides Morkel has to earn what he is being paid ;) 
professional

professional

Here here :popcorn: 
Morkel

Morkel

Yeah 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

[QUOTE=Morkel;1490557]Yeah 
Morkel

Morkel

8 - 7 so I deserve a Friday early mark! 
sexysteve

sexysteve

So neither of the current party leaders deserves to be PM? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

with the way the broncos played any regrets? 
sexysteve

sexysteve

So these big businesses who like to whinge that paying things like business tax is too onerous rely on government handouts?

Interesting. 
professional

professional

Well I didn't realise Gillard couldn't read bar graphs but yeah, that would be my general sentiment. 
professional

professional

I don't think the car industry is complaining about the business tax. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

More bad news for Labor in WA yesterday with a crushing win for the coalition. Also great to see the big swing against the Greens. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I wouldn't think they'd pay much if any, after all, corporate tax is levied against profits. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Was quite an improvement on the result in Qld. Which will matter more.

Federal Labour only holds 3 out of 15 seats in WA. Though of course they can't afford to lose any of these. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

It is a disaster for them. 58/42 2PP with a swing away from the ALP of more than 6 %. No positives what so ever. No improvement, just further and deeper decline.

But I guess if you use the Qld election as a benchmark for some reason, every ALP election loss is going to be an improvement. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Not using it as benchmark, just pointing out in terms of the federal election, WA will mean little. Yet it had the potential to be as bad as Qld was. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Every seat in WA will mean the same as any where else. As you pointed out the ALP only need to lose 1.

It never had the potential to be as bad as Qld. The situations were in fact opposites.

The good folk of the west havent been living under an incompetent and deeply disfunctional Labor government. They hadnt been fed up of nearly 20 continuous years of the ALP. They have been enjoying (resources lead) prosperity under the coalition since 2008. The swing to them of more than 6% is remarkable. It is amazing it was so close to the qld swing of over 8%. 
sexysteve

sexysteve

Isn't it funny that a big election result in WA has big implications federally, but the Victorian Premier getting knifed by the faceless men means nothing? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Western Australia is Liberal heartland right?

its NSW and QLD where the real damage in next election will be. Maybe more NSW.

I have heard reports that Federal Labor face swings of 10-15% against them in some western Sydney seats. 
annav3

annav3

The ALP brand is finished. Nobody trusts them anymore. They will only win in my electorate 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

It is true Anna. But it has been done by the media. Not the Labor party. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

What is your electorate? Sydney city? 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

What do you suggest the implications are of the Vic leadership change to the federal election? 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

probably talking about old stuff here but why was State Labor result worse in QLD than NSW.

I mean in NSW we had been a mess since Carr left or depending on who you speak to was even worse towards the end of his tenure.

They had a reputation for being incompetant, corrupt, wasteful expenditure not to mention the merry go round of leaders and it was factions that ruled the state not the Premier.

I just thought there was more of a reason for Labor NSW to be the benchmark of lopsided results. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

WA was a very tight state parliament, only a couple of seats in it. You might say it is now liberal heartland in the state parliament after one of the biggest swings to a sitting government ever. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181