The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Federal Election

zepha75

zepha75

Personally I prefer Labor, but with Julia I really don't know what I'll do. I'm Catholic but I honestly believe Abbott would prefer the 50's when Women were bound to the Kitchen. If Turnbull run the Government I would have no problem voting for him - Hockey...no way, hozay! 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

I can't stand Abbott or Julia.

Maybe leadership change by September to make it clearer :lol: 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

What is wrong with Julia?

Tony will win, but I'd love to hear peoples reasons for disliking Julia.

Glory Glory To South Sydney

A rooster is just a male chicken 
zepha75

zepha75

She's a habitual liar and most politicians are, though she take the cake...put it that way. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

When she talks she sounds patronising its like she is lecturing people who are beneath her. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

What lies has she told?

rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I don't see that, but people see different things.

zepha75

zepha75

Firstly - No Carbon Tax.

Secondly - Getting rid of Rudd, even though he planned for months.

Thirdly - Craig Thompson debark able.

There has been a lot more, though I'm having a beer and I'm I was in a Coma 18 Months ago...and that's no lie. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Carbon tax, no lie.

Rudd. You must be well in to know that

Where did she lie about Thompson?

What has your coma to do with anything?

Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Maybe I am reading into things to much. :lol:

Not that it matters who I vote for anyway I reside in a safe Labor Seat. 
zepha75

zepha75

I'm not lying about that, as she did lie there will be no Carbon Tax, then the greenies got to her, as she didn't have the numbers.

Everyone knows that she wanted Rudd gone and most on the Cabinet wanted him to go.

As for Thompson, well Julia saved him backside until she consulted with the Independents...and they are mugs anyway. I like the guy who fought the Pokies, even though it hurts Rubgy League, but it may help kids from their parents living on the streets. 
professional

professional

Saying someone has lied means that they have intentionally set out to mislead people. Gillard said she would "rule out" a carbon tax but when circumstances changed post-election she adjusted her position. That isn't lying. I don't doubt that she was genuinely ruling out the carbon tax when she stated that.

However, it would raise some questions about her reliability. She now has a history of changing her policy platforms if it is politically expedient, which might cause some concern for potential voters. 
zepha75

zepha75

Today in the Newspoll which is a leader in that area. Labor sunk about 6 points. People are leaving the sinking ship - Put it that way. 
saints

saints

What a first few days - Tim makes his comment; Evans says he's off - then Roxon packs her bags. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

The result is a forgone conclusion. Even if qld win some back for Labor based on the discontent caused by Newman doing what he was elected to do, it won't matter. NSW will deliver a coalition government all on their own.

go the blues!!! 
SydneyRaider

SydneyRaider

This election will be the first I have been able to vote in, and, to be honest, neither Labor or Liberal really gives me any reason to put my faith in their party. I know there are still months until the polling date but both Gillard and Abbott aren't winning me, or any of the people my age over. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Labor will be destroyed in NSW if polls, media reports and last state election are anything to go by.

Western Sydney in particular could be a devastating blow. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I reckon the election is there for Abbott to lose, hence the early call, give him as much time as possible to put his foot in it, and give us all plenty of time to actually consider him as an alternative PM.

No doubt Nsw will hold the key, but a lot will depend on how long voters here see fit to punish state Labour. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

WWhen she said No Carbon Tax, it was the truth. She later changed her mind. I can accept you hate her for changing her mind, but not for lying.

I love your bit about Rudd. "Everyone knows". Ha Ha. We only know what the media surmise.

Still can't see where she lied about Thompson.

Anyway. You have your views and I have mine and nothing either of us say will sway the other.

Your OP states you prefer Labor, but I think you have your mind set. :-)

BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

I'm not exactly sure what he is trying to say in the case of Rudd. Is he commenting on the fact that Julia said it wasn't a planned coup, but something she found out about the night before?

if that is what he is talking about, we do know as a matter of record that her office was writing her victory speech 2 weeks before the event. Gillard acknowledges that this is the case and when directly questioned (4 Corners) about her knowledge of this she gave a meaningless non answer.

It is hard to reconcile that with her statement that she only found out the night before.

Based on that, it is not unreasonable that some people concluded that she was lying. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

I suppose it depends on how you read the story, but it seems fuzzy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-14/gillard-talks-to-am/3828416

And here we have Tony saying he tells lies but no one cares.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/abbott-put-to-the-sword-over-gospel-truth-gaffe-20100518-vafu.html

All politicians lie.

Look past it and give your views on how the country is at the moment compared to other countries.

We are travelling pretty good.

You have a choice between two liars. Toss a coin? No. Make your mind up on how the country is. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

no, I will be making my mind up based on where I want our country to be, and who is better equipped to get us there. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Who you think is better equipped to get us there.

No matter what happens, I think Tony will get there.

And it will be the media who decide, as always.

BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Maybe a good argument for non compulsory voting right there.

If what you say is true, that the populace is so stupid that they march off to the polling booth under the spell of the "media" (I'm hoping not the ABC), do we really want them having a say. Surely they must be apathetic dullards, and therefore be the least inclined to vote if they didn't have to?

Another discussion I know. I'd be happy for the Feds to simply adopt optional preferential voting like we have here in Qld. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Doesn't News Ltd balance out what ABC does? 

Recent Rugby League Posts

tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa Springboks vs Australia Wallabies Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
tarifsetu - South Africa vs Australia live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score coverage...
tarifsetu - Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video score ...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181