The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 Federal Election

rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

You have never run a business using dial -up, I assume. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Yes Poor Wayne. He will be put out of his misery on Sep 14. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

How about we try a little context, your post started with "D pass it on to their consumers"

Then followed with "and Labour claimed....."

Clearly you are attempting to claim that paying the actual tax is exactly the same as having the cost of the tax passed on to you.

So question, have you or any one you know paid any carbon tax? Undoubtedly the answer is no, because you haven't. Yes the costs have been passed on, and yes most likely you have been compensated for those cost through tax relief, and that is the message they have peddled.

They had treasury crunch the numbers FFS and released them and repeated them ad nuaseum. The numbers showed clearly the cost would be passed on. Then structured compensation to suit. If that in itself does not add up to a public admission of the fact the cost would be passed on, I have no Idea what would.

So in context, only the big polluters pay the tax, you can google a phrase till the ****in cows come home but it will not change reality. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Last vote saw Malcolm lose by 1, and Kevin lose by 40 odd, would strongly suggest that it is indeed Kevin that is most unpopular with those that matter most. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Lol, Wayne and Julia would be proud, but I think you missed my point.

As I said no one believed them. The fact that compensation was being offered proves that people would pay. But that was the nonsense of their sales pitch. Wayne couldn't even bring himself to acknowledge that the cost would be passed on while at the same time telling people they will be compensated.

You see this is my point. I knew, you knew and everyone else knew (except maybe Seņor according to his post on this topic) that we would pay the tax, but they treated the people like fools by their semantics. The Australian people aren't fools, but I genuinely think that the ALP believe we are. And yes, I know all parties deal in spin.

And no, I haven't been compensated for the impost of the carbon tax. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

didn't word it properly.

Meant if Turnbull was leader would vote for him

With Abbott as Leader I have no idea who to vote for. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

I didnt suggest otherwise. Kevin is loathed by many in his team. Still i would contend he has more chance of a return than Malcolm which is what i said. The reason is simple. Coalition have zero reason to consider a change, Labor have a very strong reason to consider a change - that's what makes a return of Kevin more likely than Malcolm. Having said that I think the chance of a Rudd revival is next to zero. Malcolm is zero. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

I honestly can not see how you could make that claim, in face of the fact they clearly articulated that there would be a corresponding rise in the cost of living.

It's a nonsense.

@ your previous post 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Unless his paranoia about Mining Magnates such as Gina Rinehart and Clive Palmer make him go insane by then :lol: 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Maybe even Magnates.

Sorry Anna. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Next to zero, Mal's return would rely on Tony's defeat, unlikely, yet stranger things have happened.

Rudd's on the other hand would require a lack of a viable alternative in the wake of Jules losing government, again I see that as unlikely. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Thanks Les my iphone did a autocorrect on me and I never noticed :lol: 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Seems Ted needs a job, and knifing aint contained to the ALP. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

I will try to dig up some clips of Wayne and Penny for you. But I agree with you it was a nonsense. :) 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Sorry china, but it made me smile.

Tried some speech to text on my Nexus 7 tab today. I got some weird stuff happening. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

I was talking pre election. Post election, if they stick with Julia no matter what the outcome Rudd will not be leader. Shorten is next. But yeah if Abbott loses there is a slight chance Turnbull would get up. 
bandwagon

bandwagon

Yeah ok, see no chance of change now for either party, but you never know. 
BuckinBronco

BuckinBronco

Will be interesting to hear exactly how things went down, but at worst I would characterise this as a mercy killing of someone in their death throes - not a knifing of someone in their prime. 
professional

professional

:rolls: Yes, all those Nobel laureates sitting in their cushy tax-paid jobs ...

-------

Anyway, how would you reduce emissions if you think a tax is such a bad idea. 
professional

professional

No, nor do I imagine any business owners outside remote locations do either. If they are then it is their own choice. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

He could not of been worse than some of NSW and QLD premiers could he? 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

Try 25 k as the crow flies, from Brisbane CBD.

Living for the life style and proximity to customers. Even farmers need internet connection.

Many businesses in the area. I don't think you live in the real world.

There are many things more important than internet speeds,but it is still a benefit to have good connection 
professional

professional

Hmmm, I'd say the same thing about you. What you call 'not living in the real world' is what I would call fiscal responsibility.

I don't think the government is an endless supply of money that should be used because some people want faster or cheaper internet. You still have dial-up, you can still get wireless ADSL and you can still get satellite. It isn't the job of the government to supply people with better internet access. 
rabbitoh_fan

rabbitoh_fan

No, we can't get ADSL or wireless and satellite is part of the NBN supplied by the Government. Been there since ...... January 2013.

If the Government doesn't do it, we don't get it. You do realise that the Government installed the copper, don't you. 
Morkel

Morkel

I can vouch for that. The lines in our area are pathetic - we can't get ADSL2, have to settle for a low speed ADSL, and we're just off a main road whereas Les is a little bit away from us and a bit more bush by the sounds of it. And wireless? You need mobile reception for that - something that is laughable out our way. You'll get 1 bar with Telstra at best (if you stand on a ladder) and zero with any other provider. 25ks from the CBD. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181