The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

TRIAL KNIGHTS v WABBITTS at Coffs

knitey

knitey

Knights try time 
knitey

knitey

Roberts went over in the corner after the Rabbitohs dropped the ball near their own line. Roberts converts 12-0. 
knitey

knitey

Three quarter time and the Knights lead 12-0 
knitey

knitey

Roberts gets us underway for the final quarter of action at BCU Stadium. 
knitey

knitey

Souths are over in the corner and convert their try. Knights 12-6 
knitey

knitey

Great set from the Knights, and Smith grubbers a nice ball into the in goal and Souths force the ball dead. 
professional

professional

What is the Souths line up like for this game? 
knitey

knitey

Great defence by the Knights to hold the Rabbitohs out just then. Knights 12-6, less than 10 to play 
knitey

knitey

Just about full strength. 
knitey

knitey

Strong cover tackle from Filipo to shut down the Rabbitohs' break down the left side. 
knitey

knitey

With 10 seconds to go, Roberts, to Sims, to Roberts who goes over for the Knights' 3rd try!!

The full time siren has gone, but Pete Mata'utia lines up for the conversion.

nails it! FT: Knights 18 Souths 6 
knitey

knitey

Knights 18 (T: Roberts 2, Hilder, G: Gidley 1/1, Roberts 1/1, Mata’utia 1/1) defeated Souths 6 (T: Koroisau, G: Reynolds 1/1) 
professional

professional

Darn. Figured I should have had a bet on the Knights tonight. 
knitey

knitey

If you had, they would have lost....no betting on the knights this season. 
professional

professional

I can't stop betting on the Knights. They've made me a handy profit over the years (although I'm not always betting on them to win) 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Can we bet against them? ;) 
knitey

knitey

Why me*facepalm*:D 
Watnow

Watnow

Thinking the Knights will be the smokies this year.

Bennett is starting to get the side he wants 
madmatt2146

madmatt2146

So i take it the rabbits would of had a different team playing in the 2nd half as well 
knitey

knitey

[INDENT] Enthusiasm impresses Bennett
Saturday 16 February 2013 11:51 PM

Newcastle Knights coach Wayne Bennett said he was happy with the enthusiasm shown by his team during their 18-6 win over the South Sydney Rabbitohs in Coffs Harbour on Saturday night.

“We were good without doing anything special which is probably where you want to be for your first pre-season game of the year,” he said.

“They all put their hand up and that is the part I couldn’t get them to do last year.

“And they helped each other out and stuck with it when things got tough.”

Bennett said while he has a fair idea of who will line-up for the Knights in round one, the performance of all 30-players in Coffs Harbour has made the process more complicated.

“I don’t think there was a bad player out there tonight,” Bennett explained.

“It isn’t going to be easy and a few players sorted themselves out there tonight.

“And showed me things I am looking for.

“I have another week to finalise all of that.”

One player Bennett said he can tick off for round one is young half back Tyrone Roberts.

“We will find a place for him in the seventeen,” he said.

“He is too valuable not to have there somewhere.

“He did a great job there tonight in that second team which had a lot of young blokes.”

Bennett also praised the performance of returning captain Kurt Gidley who before Saturday night’s trial had not played a game since round eight of last season.

“Kurt is a great asset to the team,” the coach added.

“His confidence and belief rubs off on everyone around him and they get better as a result.”

The Knights will remain in Coffs Harbour until Tuesday, when they travel to Tamworth.

Soutce: http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Enthusiasm-impresses-Bennett/68488 http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/n...-Bennett/68488 [/INDENT] 
knitey

knitey

[h=1]Smith on report as Knights beat Souths[/h]

Newcastle recruit Jeremy Smith was placed on report for a lifting tackle to take some of the gloss off an otherwise impressive Knights display in the 18-6 NRL trial win over South Sydney in Coffs Harbour.
Knights officials are hopeful the New Zealand Test backrower won't have a case to answer after he was cautioned for his first half hit on Rabbitohs forward David Tyrell.
Smith was part of a full-strength Knights line-up for the opening half at the BCU International Stadium, the highlight of which was a brilliant run from former NSW Origin winger Akuila Uate to set up the only try of the period to Matt Hilder.
The Rabbitohs, who also ran out their big guns with Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess and Adam Reynolds all included, struggled to find the cohesion which propelled their run deep into last year's finals series.
Winger Nathan Merritt went closest to scoring when he lost the ball just short of the tryline in the second quarter, while Inglis only showed brief glimpses of his devastating best.
The Knights ran out a virtual second-string side for the second half, with halfback Tyrone Roberts bagging a double to show he may be worth another run in the top grade after filling in for injured skipper Kurt Gidley for much of last season.
Souths finally got on the board when Apisai Koroisau scored in the final quarter, but Roberts sealed the result with his second just before fulltime.
Both sides emerged from the encounter without any major injury concerns.
Knights coach Wayne Bennett said he was close to finalising his side for the opening round tussle with Wests Tigers on March 11.
"We were good (tonight) without doing anything special, just probably where you'd want to be first pre-season game of the year," Bennett said.
"On tonight's performance they all put their hand up, that's the part I couldn't get last year is the buy-in from everybody, all playing at a pretty consistent level." 
knitey

knitey

The Newcastle Knights showed plenty of promise during their first trial of the 2013 season, defeating the South Sydney Rabbitohs 18-6 at Coffs Harbour’s BCU International Stadium on Saturday night.
Traveling with a squad of 30, the Knights fielded two teams with the same bench for the match.
Handling errors and poor discipline saw the Knights under a great deal of pressure early in the first quarter and a huge effort in defence kept the Rabbitohs off the scoreboard.
In the tenth minute, a sprinting Akuila Uate helped shift the momentum and the Knights into Rabbitohs' territory for the first time in the match.
Matt Hilder backed up Uate's run and forced his way over the line from dummy half to give the red and blue an early lead, 4-0.
Returning captain Kurt Gidley added the extras from in front, 6-0.
QUARTER BREAK: Knights 6, Souths 0
Great build-up play in the second quarter saw the Knights with another opportunity but a pass to Uate came too early for the winger to find the line.
Handling errors early in the second quarter put the Knights under pressure and eventually saw the Rabbitohs cross but they were called back due to an obstruction.
Uate again found himself in the action, coming close to crossing in the corner but he was shutdown by some clever defence from the Rabbitohs.
New recruit Jeremy Smith was put on report for a lifting charge late in the second half.
Penalties to the Rabbitohs forced Newcastle’s defence to work overtime to keep their 6-0 lead.
HALF TIME: Knights 6, Souths 0
A change of team in the third quarter saw 13 new players take to the field.
Tyrone Roberts at half back showed exactly why he belongs in the first grade team with a sneaky try in the corner early in the second half, 10-0.
Roberts converted his own try to extend the Knights lead by 12-points.
The Rabbitohs hit back with a Koroisau try and Reynolds converted to close the gap by six-points, 12-6.
THREE QUARTER BREAK: Knights 12, Souths 6
With ten seconds left on the clock, Roberts and Korbin Sims partnered up for the Knights third try and Roberts second, 16-6.
Peter Mata’utia converted to finalise the full-time score at 18-6.
No injuries were sustained during the first trial match and the Knights will hold a recovery session on Sunday, before resuming training on Monday in Coffs Harbour.
FULL TIME
Newcastle Knights 18 (T: Roberts 2, Hilder, G: Gidley 1/1, Roberts 1/1, Mata’utia 1/1)
South Sydney Rabbitohs 6 (T: Koroisau, G: Reynolds 1/1)
The Knights remain in Coffs Harbour until Tuesday, when they travel to Tamworth. 
MrChook

MrChook

All players came through healthy Knitey? 
knitey

knitey

As far as I know, Yes Mr C, I'm only going on reports from twitter and the media though, I haven't talked to anyone and the team is staying in Coffs till Tues and then heading to Tamworth for the second trial. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181