The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Rd 3 v cowboys

woodies

woodies

Hope it's not the usual heart muscles. 
knitey

knitey

Willie has a strained thigh, he tweeted that he will be 100% next week, just safer to rest it. 
knitey

knitey

Fa'alogo's back in the game

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00065063-leadimage.jpg

Newcastle Knights forward David Fa’alogo is looking forward to making his debut for the Club on Monday night at Hunter Stadium.

After signing with the Knights in the off-season and playing NSW Cup in Round 1, Fa’alogo was named to replace the injured Willie Mason this week.

“I am excited to be making my debut for the Knights; it is going to be a real buzz,” Fa’alogo said after the final training session on Sunday at Balance, Mayfield.

“My wife and son will be there and when I run out it will give me chills down my spine.

“But at the end of the day, that will all sink in, and I have to get on with the game and get that first hit up and tackle.”

It is not only Fa’alogo’s debut for the Knights but his first game back in the NRL after spending three years in England.

“I have been away for three years and to be back playing against the best is a humbling honour,” the forward said.

“I expected to play in the Super League and retire but it has worked out for the better.

“The opportunity to come back here, and to play under Wayne (Bennett) is a huge honour, as it is to play alongside the likes of (Danny) Buderus, (Willie) Mason, (Kurt) Gidley, (Jeremy) Smith.

“It is just awesome to be back.”

The 32-year old is looking forward to the challenge of coming up against the Cowboys’ tough forward pack in his first outing for the Knights.

“I think we will go well against the Cowboys, we have a big pack ourselves,” Fa’alogo said.

“It is a great challenge for us, coming up against a forward pack that has international players but it is a challenge we look forward to.

“We always want to play against the best.”

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Faalogos-back-in-the-game/70721 http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/n...the-game/70721 
knitey

knitey

Hooker Danny Buderus to make surprise return for Newcastle Knights

By Barry Toohey

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2013/03/24/1226604/515905-danny-buderus.jpg
Danny Buderus training with the Knights last week.

INSPIRATIONAL hooker Danny Buderus will make a surprise return from off-season back surgery against North Queensland tonight with the Newcastle Knights desperate to rebound quickly from last weekend's heavy loss to Manly.

Buderus appears set to come off the bench with skipper Kurt Gidley to start at hooker in a reshuffled forward pack against the Cowboys at Hunter Stadium.

Versatile Tyrone Roberts, who has been on the bench for the club's opening two premiership games, will get his chance at halfback in Wayne Bennett's new-look lineup alongside Jarrod Mullen.

In further changes to the squad announced early last week, centre Timana Tahu will be given a another week to recover from a foot injury with backrower Alex McKinnon coming off the bench to start in the centres.

Korbin Sims will make his NRL debut as the new man off the bench.

"Wayne's (coach Bennett) reacted to the loss to Manly by shuffling things around,"a Knights spokesman said yesterday.

"Matt Hilder played NSW Cup on Saturday because Bedsy is ready to go and Kurt will move from halfback to hooker until he comes on.

"There was some hope Willie (Mason) might play but he won't be risked and Wayne's given Timana another week to get over his foot injury.

"It's too early in the season to be risking players."

Bennett's decision to rush Buderus into the 17 though is a firm indication he is searching for more on-field leasdership.

Buderus wasn't expected to return for another week and will sit on the bench with only a couple of contact sessions under his belt after undergoing off-season surgery to relieve back stiffness.

Knights backrower Chris Houston admitted the Monday night clash was a bonus for the club given the injuries and a bout of the flu that swept through the club last week.

"There was a fair few with symptoms but I think by Monday, we should be pretty right," Houston said.

"A few extra days to get it right should help us."

Houston said the loss to Manly had been an early wake-up call for the side.

"For sure. We started poorly and we can't afford to do that against the Cowboys.

"They have the Test props and (Johnathan) Thurston there so they will be tough.

"They have quality players right across the park. They have strike players in key positions."

Houston admitted the Knights needed to bounce back to reassure themselves after the Manly defeat.

"It's important for us to get back on track and get the confidence back in the group,"he said.

"Wayne gave us a good rev. He was a bit embarrassed by the Manly game, as we were, so he's got into us a bit this week.

"It might happen again, us losing but he doesn't want it to happen like that. He said if we learn from it, we will be a better side."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/hooker-danny-buderus-to-make-surprise-return-for-newcastle-knights/story-e6frexq9-1226604520608 http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226604520608 
knitey

knitey

Korbin Sims, brother of Ashton and Tariq, set for his NRL debut for Newcastle Knights
by: Anthony Stewart
March 25, 2013 12:00AM

IT WILL be a case of "Sims like old times" at Hunter Stadium tonight.

Newcastle giant Korbin Sims, the youngest brother of Cowboys Ashton and Tariq Sims, is set to make his NRL debut when the Knights battle North Queensland.

While the Knights yesterday did not confirm whether the 190cm, 112kg forward would be named, they did say they had a space on their bench after a series of injuries and team adjustments at their final training session.

Korbin will go head-to-head with eldest brother Ashton, but Tariq will not play after performing strongly in a 38-12 win for Mackay over the Central Capras in the Queensland Cup on Saturday night.

Centre Timana Tahu was ruled out and replaced by Alex McKinnon for Newcastle, while former representative hooker Danny Buderus was named to play his first game of the season at the expense of Matt Hilder.

Cowboys coach Neil Henry said although Buderus' addition had come as a surprise, it would not disrupt their preparation.

"It will add experience and leadership to their team, he's a very good defensive player, with great service ... it'll just be another person to be wary of," he said.

Henry yesterday predicted the Knights would make an explosive opening tonight, fired by their humiliating 32-0 round 2 loss to Manly, and said the Cowboys weathering an early onslaught would be crucial.

"We have been slow out of the blocks ... in the first two rounds of the year, so we might tinker with our warm-up a little bit and the guys really need to be focused on getting into the game early," he said.

North Queensland travelled with an extended 18-man squad yesterday, although extra Blake Leary is not expected to be used.

Halfback Michael Morgan successfully got through three days of contact training, including taking on man mountain Jason Taumalolo one-on-one, and will make his return from a broken jaw sustained in the pre-season.

Henry expected the 21-year-old's partnership with star five-eighth and co-captain Johnathan Thurston to pick up where it left off last season.

From: http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/korbin-sims-brother-of-ashton-and-tariq-set-for-his-nrl-debut-for-newcastle-knights/story-e6frexnr-1226605031440 http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport...-1226605031440 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181