The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

2013 world club challenge

Morgues

Morgues

It surely doesn't hurt to bump this quote one more time...?

I sure hope we win tomorrow, and in style, as I've got a pub crawl in the arvo and I don't want to miss out on previous sleep beforehand just to see my team lose. 
pods

pods

Live and Reply avaialbe in Melbourne. Oweeehhhh Yer!

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/search.aspx?q=world club challenge http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/search.aspx?q=world http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/search.aspx?q=world club challenge club challenge 
slip

slip

Melbourne 18 Leeds 14 
django

django

Congratulations Melbourne. That was a great match and you deserved your victory! :) 
craigcooper

craigcooper

Well done to the Storm. Would have liked to have seen this game but my son was playing softball. 
MadMike

MadMike

Agree 
Morgues

Morgues

Thanks. Leeds looked impressive, too. If not for some dropped ball, the result may well have been the other way around.

Same time again next year? ;) 
django

django

Sounds good to me! It's so good playing against a team that treats the concept with some respect! ;) 
zepha75

zepha75

I backed Leeds at the TAB...:mad: At least their Aussies and the commentators were driving me crazy. It was early in the morning, though I thought about having a drink ;) 
Morgues

Morgues

Heh, I got up to watch the game after only about 3 hours sleep. I was still drunk, I think. Just watched the game again, so I could appreciate it more. We looked a bit rusty and missed a few chances to really seal the match, but the performance looks promising for the future.

Tohu Harris looks a real gem of a forward. Proctor will struggle to get his spot in the starting line up back when he's recovered from his injury. 
nadyone

nadyone

Turn it up with that crap!
4 of the last 5 WCC matches have been won by an NRL side.

2009: Manly def Leeds, 28-20.
2010: Melbourne def Leeds, 18-10.
2011: St-George-Illawarra def Wigan, 21-15.
2012: Leeds def Manly, 26-12.
2013: Melbourne def Leeds, 18-14.

Everything is stacked in the ESL sides favour. Home country, home ground, a month into your season so the cobwebs have been blown out, whereas the NRL sides are still in their pre season & have to acclimatise to a different environment. NRL sides take it seriously. When the new WCC format is under way, we'll see how seriously the ESL sides take it & whether or not they can actually compete in Australia. 
django

django

A great gesture from Ryan Hoffman, he's a credit to your club!
http://www.therhinos.co.uk/m/news/19811.php
http://www.therhinos.co.uk/m/news/19811.php 
yourhero

yourhero

It pisses me off that great stories like this never get any media coverage but if you take a piss in an alley, it will be all over the backpage... 
knitey

knitey

What a cool thing to do. 
BringbackBRL

BringbackBRL

Feel-good story. 
slip

slip

Didn't Hoffman want the medal? I would of kept the medal and given the kid a thousand bucks! 
Morgues

Morgues

Wow, fantastic. Already had respect for the big man, but it's just gone up another level. What I like about this year's game, apart from my team winning, is the genuine sportsmanship & goodwill between both sides after the game. Great to see such respect between clubs. 
Marcus1979

Marcus1979

Look at the 2003 WCC between roosters and ST Helens.

Roosters won 38-0

NRL clubs have been putting in effort for a while so I don't get this that people say that NRL clubs don't give a crap as its clearly not true. 
professional

professional

Really great gesture from Hoffman. All class.

I liked the moment late in the game where Cooper Cronk stopped celebrating with his teammates (following a great gang tackle) to check that Buchanan was okay after crashing over the terrace fence. 
silverygibbon

silverygibbon

I see your Roosters 2003 and raise you Storm 2000.
44-6 - also against Stains. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181