The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

who do ut hink the qld team for under 16 2014 next year my team

aali18

aali18

1 kayln ponga, 2 micheal carrol , 3 upi naemtu , 4 tommy sau, 5 hisiu hicks, 6 sato ketia opa , 7 brent woolf, 8 willam gradey, 9 harry sullivan, 10 ethan paiku, 11 syd smith 12 steven tatipata, 13 aziz ali, 14 ruben cotter, 15 sean garner, 16 hayden ohara, 17 jack pecock 
ALX21

ALX21

Sean Garner not eligible. 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

my team:

1.Kalyn Ponga
2.Michael Carroll
3.Liam Pakau/Apiata Noema
4.Enari Tuala
5.Hisiu Hicks
6.Sato Opo Ketia
7.Hayden O Hara
8.Ethan Paikea
9.Vito Sula Siaosi
10.Jack Peacock/Steve Dressler
11.Syd Smith
12.Steven Tatipata(or one of the Centre positions)
13.Reuben Cotter
14.Brent Wolf
15.Zane Wilshire
16.Ghemat Shibasaki
17.Sharmah Schmidt
18.Jack Schmidt

giggi.delo

giggi.delo

This is Queenslands best, at their best (injury free) ^^ 
ALX21

ALX21

Steve Dressler also not eligible. 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

alx21 do you know why both these PBC boys are ineligible for next years CC? what a shame, that's 2 two quality GC players out of the CC.... 
mdrew

mdrew

As far as I know they are not ineligible for CC, Steve Dressler actually played a few games this year. They are both from Northern NSW, I think that is what alx21 means? 
ALX21

ALX21

Exactly what I meant, sorry for any confusion. Ineligible to represent Queensland Under 16's. 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

thanks guys, so there's no point them playing in CC but rather the Harold Matts competition, if their intentions are to make State selections again?this might sound quite stupid but is it possible for the them to play CC and get selected to play for the blues? (if there are NSW selectors watching them). Btw PBC are playing Keebra Next wednesday at Runaway Bay for U15 SEQ schoolboys final should be a cracker with a full strength PBC team (having Peacock back). 
Sharkies

Sharkies

Any North side boys ? 
aali18

aali18

to be honest i reckon jackson frei and aziz ali are two good combinations aziz is a very good tackler i need some comment on aziz wats bad about him ao i can put a eye on him

ALX21

ALX21

@giggi.delo, I wouldn't say no point. Didn't Ethan Roberts make NSW this year playing for Gold Coast? 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

yep, i just read an article saying he plays his football in QLD but NSW selectors don't get to see much of him, but he made the NSW team like you said, hopefully that's the case for the PBC boys playing in QLD...:D

giggi.delo

giggi.delo

@aali18, I don't think anything's wrong with the way Aziz is performing I'd say it's more of a case that other players that play his position show they have a little bit more to offer to the team the coach is trying to build , this is a very talented age group, in every position. The U12 queensland team has taken a dramatic change up til now. 
DavidHatch

DavidHatch

The U12 queensland team has taken a dramatic change up til now.
What do you mean by that ?? 
Sharkies

Sharkies

Any Boys in anyone else s opinion ? that haven't made QLD before 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

@DavidHatch, What I mean by the U12 team taking a dramatic a change is most of the boys playing in the U12 QLD team were not playing for the maroons team this year that won the nationals but instead playing for the Whites or not in either team at all but managed to probably get to the state carnival (besides Brent woolf from what I can remember). This is what I mean by having alot of talent in this particular age group for Queensland, the team may change a fair bit depending on who performs at any given carnival. Teams like Peninsula were slightly handicapped without having top players like Steven Tatipata and Enari Tuala who would've been sure selections and possibly changed the outcome of the state carnival this year, but same goes for South Coast missing out on players like Jack Peacock and Emery Pere. However It should be exciting season next year in the CC as there may be new performers that don't participate in the schoolboys competitions.

saintsfc

saintsfc

I have been told by a few if the under 15 boys that they have been selected in the annual broncos v stingers side to be played in gatton this year. Anyone have the full side nothing on stingers yet. 
Sharkies

Sharkies

I was wondering why there was a stinger selector at last weekends game .Thanks saintsfc :)

DavidHatch

DavidHatch

@giggi.delo, Fair call. I agree with you 101% re. how strong this age group is. I would argue they are possibly the strongest of all the age groups from 13-17s. What are your thoughts on Matthew Gibuma, where (or if) does he fit anywhere ?? Some untapped talent there. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Which game sharkies? Hope they picked the te over the year. We had 3-4 out last round, 1 being a qld boy and he wasn't picked in stingers so hopefully he has been picked in the broncos squad. The broncs haven't announced anything yet I think? 
Sharkies

Sharkies

Hi Saintsfc Aspley V Easts.I hope so to like to know all the boys got a fair crack at making the team . So the stingers team has been picked? Where the boys you know notified through their club? 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

That's it mate you've hit the nail on the head with that one. I've told people several times at state carnivals to get out their pens and jot down some names of many boys in this 15's age group in which i also think is the best age group that Queensland have to offer pound for pound in all High school grades. The reason being is alot of the these boys WILL go on to play NRL level and higher if however they stay on the right track outside of football. Matthew Gibuma is talented without a doubt, defintely the quickest Rugby player in this age group by a bit but I think He's overlooked by selectors as they probably feel he has the wheels but not the skills to match it. Where as many wingers/fullbacks in this age group are very skilful and can score a try off their ball skills and vision for the game (not to mention their utilty for e.g. Michael Carroll, Kalyn Ponga, Hisiu Hicks, Marshall Hudson etc. etc. If he trialled this year I believe he would've had enough to make the white team. Probably 2 of the hardest positions to make in this age group, if there was any positions i wouldn't want to play in this age group, it would be fullback or winger (due to the awareness of others competing within the state). But it's all about the passion and love for the sport that makes the rugby player different to the average man.

giggi.delo

giggi.delo

@DavidHatch ^^

saintsfc

saintsfc

I will find out tonight. Easts won't get any in the side, Aspley will get a couple they are a good side. Easts best 15 year old is playing for their 16's. be interesting to see if they pick div 1 kids. They have in the past. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168