The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

who do ut hink the qld team for under 16 2014 next year my team

aali18

aali18

1 kayln ponga, 2 micheal carrol , 3 upi naemtu , 4 tommy sau, 5 hisiu hicks, 6 sato ketia opa , 7 brent woolf, 8 willam gradey, 9 harry sullivan, 10 ethan paiku, 11 syd smith 12 steven tatipata, 13 aziz ali, 14 ruben cotter, 15 sean garner, 16 hayden ohara, 17 jack pecock 
View all 71 comments
saintsfc

saintsfc

A lot of big personalities in that squad will be interesting to see how the come together. They have a good coach so should be ok. Just pass the ball to syd! lol 
Qlder2013

Qlder2013

Crowbar I have heard that to about the SLM Connell squad. Also heard that Syd Smith has been training with them this week. 
Qlder2013

Qlder2013

Crowbar I have heard that too about the SLM Connell squad. Also heard that Syd Smith has been training with them this week. 
Crowbar

Crowbar

Will be interesting saintsfc if they can, squad seems focused and putting in the hard yards. Will be serious contenders if they do, especially if Len and Broughton return after the xmas break. 
Crowbar

Crowbar

Qlder2013 That's good news for SL. 
ALX21

ALX21

Derome Mafi not eligible. 
coach01

coach01

South's Logan CC
Hisiu Hicks
Corey Allen
Matt Abrahams
Josh Bernardin
Brayden Bochow
Brad Whaley
Luke Mcloud
Jake Sparey
Tommy sau
Tevita Unga
George Halaufia
Kobe Tararo
Bruce Ten
Sato ketia Opo
Ronaldo Tago
Campbel Pirhi
Amosa Aumua
Syd Smith
Drey Ngatuere- Wroe
Shamar Schmidt
Nathanial Mauave
Zane Wallace
Reece Manning

Still a few more who's name I don't know, but I have heard this team is working very well together and should defiantly be finals contenders. 
Bull66

Bull66

Tough job for selectors alright ! Don't be surprised if 4 or 5 - that didn't play in the white or maroon 15's - due to suspension, injury and school rugby commitments - get pick in the 16s !!
Off the top of my head - Peacock , Enari , Tatipata , Sullivan and Emery ! All former qld reps - I know I'd pick all five if in form !!! 
saintsfc

saintsfc

There will be no qld team to play nsw in the 16's. It will be a QAS side that plays nsw in the origin curtain raiser. Disgraceful I reckon! They should be picking on form not on past reputations. 
Bull66

Bull66

Is that right ? If so it's wrong !! Couple of boys in the QAS not evening playing league !! What sort of message is that sending ??
QAS picked a long time ago - what if one of the QAS boys gets absolutely dominated by a Cyril Connell participant - they going to still take him to take on NSW !! Lots of questions ..............? 
ALX21

ALX21

If that is the case, why bother having the comp? 
FishEater

FishEater

Doesn't sound right. QRL announced QRL coaches back in December. 
FishEater

FishEater

FishEater

FishEater

allflex

allflex

Sure is correct, Qld 16's selected only from QAS squad. 
league

league

Any lists of the QAS squad? 
OutbackEyes

OutbackEyes

saintcfc - where did you get your info? 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

I think this is just a little confusion going on here....I think what SaintsFC is trying to say is the QAS team (slightly different to the U16 Queensland team selected from the CC) that traditionally play The NZ 16's youth team is now playing NSW country this year instead of playing NZ 16's. I don't really mind that considering the poor performance the NZ U16 team displayed last year against the QAS boys . I'm more concerned about the best U16 Queensland team playing the best U16 New South Wales Team (Prior to origin) game being scrapped. This will be a big disappointment as the nations best players won't get to showcase their skills. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Giggi.Delo, not sure I agree NZ were poor against QAS last year, both close games. Year before NZ took it out. But I do agree that the scrapping of either QAS v -NZ or QLD vs NSW origin.. would be extremelyvdisappointing. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

They are def playing nsw 16's. Heard from QAS coaches that this is correct. I know kaylyn ponga is not playing league but still in QAS. I am sure there will be more. 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

Warrior01- What I meant by NZ 16's having performed poorly is for the nations best 16 year olds to lose both games to a Queensland academy team with majority of them playing the 16's SOO team that lost to NSW 30 nil from what I remember.

OutbackEyes

OutbackEyes

May 28 - QLD 16s v NSW 16s at State of Origin 1 (Brisbane), Qld team selected from Cyril Connell Competition, with the majority I would imagine coming from those that attended the QAS 16s Elite Camp recently.

July 12 - QLD Maroons 16s v NSW Country 16s at Rockhampton. Qld 16s Maroons selected from those that play at the QRL State Junior Championships at Townsville . 
PotterJason

PotterJason

Can someone explain clearly the difference with these u16 qld teams and I am just assuming..

Qld team picked from u16 CC..

Qld team picked from U16 State champs (i assume that any kid that does not play in the CC is able to be selected??) the kids that played CC cannot be selected??)

QAS u16 team- how do you get selected for this team?? is you play in either of the two above are you able to be selected??

que

que

There are 2 QLD U16s squads picked QLD White picked from the CC Comp, this team will play a curtain raiser to a State Of Origin Match - The Second team will be a QLD Maroons team who will play NSW Country....CC players also are selected for the BRISBANE Stingers and for other players not playing CC There will be a Presidents Invitational Side (Both teams will be mixed with Gold Coast Players) which both teams will participate in a State Carnival here they will pick there QLD Maroons team..QLD squad is announced during prize giving and will travel from the Tournament straight into camp (So Pack another bag just in case).. Did it work in 2013? I thought it did Stingers squad didn't go to well, but the Pres XIIIs did awesome.....QAS is an invitational squad made up of Contracted players.... 
Northqld

Northqld

What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any other time throughout the year??? 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168