The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Under 13 & 14 Zone Games

showaheart

showaheart

Went & watched the 13's zone games tonight, some really good kids on show, zone 3 looked the best of all the zones, but all teams had some good kids, 7 for zone 2 was great 7 probably the best half, did anyone watch the 14's, what were the games like? 
View all 40 comments
Footyfreak1971

Footyfreak1971

Sorry zone 3! 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Footyfreak1971 I heard complaints about the 14s too in that zone. Its ridiculous. Rep footy at any age is about the best of the best. The strongest teams should be fielded. Put kids that aren't up to the standard, what is that going to do to their confidence. I have already seen first hand the major difference between div 1 teams and prems. It is a huge leap. 
DRG62

DRG62

Showaheart you're on the right track with your theory, there have been a number of players in all Zones that wanted transfers to STRONGER Clubs, but alas once they found out that they probably wouldn't get picked in the Zone Team unless they stayed at their SMALLER Club they quickly changed their minds and low and behold because some of these players stayed at their SMALLER Clubs there are now more Teams in their respective age groups, whereas had they transferred there would be a number of Teams that would have collapsed due to their so called BRILLIANT Players moving on. So I take my hat off to those that stayed and hopefully most PARENTS (Cause their the ones that want their kids at the STRONGER Clubs) will think of all the other Players that their ego's will effect. Hey maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure that this is the thoughts of the people running the League.

Remember, after all that there are a lot more players playing SENIOR footy in other Competitions than there are playing in the NRL. Not all players are capable of playing at the highest level but I'm sure that they still enjoy playing Wether it's Q-Cup, A-Grade or Second Division at the local footy Club.

Anyway, good luck to all those kids out there and hope they enjoy their sport no matter what it is.

maoriboy

maoriboy

The only problem with some kids having been forced to stay at clubs otherwise losing there chance to play rep footy is that the club they are at aren't going forward they don't wanna play a higher grade there for some of the kids are going backwards.Being miles better then all kids in the grade doesn't help anyone that's why its good to have a good strong prems grade you get to watch good hard games every week not clubs getting floged. Kids are going to want to go to where there mates are if they at a good club and its a kids choice in the end people moan bout kids leaving clubs and making others strong before you comment and judge who are we to judge really when we don't know the reason why they have left. 
showaheart

showaheart

All true comments above guys, kids do leave clubs for different reasons, but it is the ones that get basically poached by other clubs, telling parents if they want there child to "make it" in league they have to go to certain clubs, from what I hear Mark Tookey is looked upon as a god around logan, & I know he tells kids that go to Marsden, or other clubs who may have a lower div side that they have to play at logan, Waterford or souths if they want to be seen, unfortunately to many people with different agendas & not all for the benefit of the kids, as long as the kids are getting good coaching, doesn't matter what grade they play they all have a chance to progress there careers in the game they love
Warrior01, although I cant provide actual numbers, I am sure there are a lot of kids who would go past at least 1 other club to play at logan, why do you think a club like browns plains have hardly any teams in the competition from u11 up, sure they want to play prems, so they go to logan, go on stingers & look at the points table from u12 up in prems for last year, tell me how many clubs were actually competitive, only 2 or 3 at most, that is what I don't like to see, I would love to see all teams if they play well had a chance to win, at the moment all prem comps are no different to the nrl a few teams dominate.
This has been happening a lot more over the last few years, I coached a prem u11 side a few years ago & finished 5th, but we knew if we played well we were a chance, logan won the comp that year & we drew 6 all & lost 6 nil in the 2 games we played them, that is not happening now

Footyfreak1971

Footyfreak1971

Hey guy's has anyone seen the last games for the zones? What were the results? 
showaheart

showaheart

u13's z3 beat z2 but was competitive & a good game, z1 beat z4. only 1 logan player played for z4 which has really weakened that side unfortunately, heard they may even stand the players from logan down from club footy because rep football takes precedence over club

did hear from a parent at logan that they have had a total of 40 points in player transfers in u13's this year, & all players have been approved another logan side that should dominate a prem competition, so good for the game, has anyone heard of rule 16 
saintsfc

saintsfc

No different to any other year showaheart, I don't think rule 16 applies to logan bros. There 13's had over 70 points transfer in last year so 40 is an improvement. Its ok they will win every age group in prems from 12-16's. its fun getting smashed 70-0 every time you play logan bros. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

the Brisbane side is in for a hard tournament, think they will struggle, a lot of quality kids are not playing and more continue to drop out of the zones squad each week. 
showaheart

showaheart

Warrior01 was that 13's or 14's? 
Footyfreak1971

Footyfreak1971

Sounds to me like the kids just want to play footy, and the politics from the adults is ruining junior rugby league! When it all boils down this is not A grade footy it is kids footy! 
Warrior01

Warrior01

13s showaheart 
showaheart

showaheart

yep warrior I was there also, zone 4 certainly did it tough,
I was at the rep games last year for 13's & 14's & was asked my thoughts on this rule change by someone high up in stingers, as they felt the domination of logan & Redcliffe over the past few years were hindering the Brisbane sides performances, although the players selected were individually great players & deserved there spots, with the majority of players coming from these 2 clubs, they felt the Brisbane sides over the past few years in 13's & 14's, underperformed during the tournament, which the results showed, as the Brisbane teams have finished mid table.
There thoughts were, because the boys only played probably 6 to 10 games at most tough games in the season, due to the lop sided prem comps, the boys struggled having to play a week of hard games, they usually start the week well, but fall away after game 2. So they have brought this rule in to try & stop the best players moving to logan, spread the talent around, then the better players have to lift every game to help there team perform well, which I think they hoped would improve the Brisbane team performances.
I agree with there thoughts & as I say it will take a few years to see if they have made the correct decision, but there will be some upset kids & parents for a little while yet 
Warrior01

Warrior01

hmmm not sure I agree with all points. However Logan were only allowed 4 boys to go through to those trials anyway. They should have had 6 like most others. I don't think Logan have won the comp in the last few years anyway so do not see the "theory" holding up. By the looks of zone 4 understrength performance, I would say it is not working so far. Last time I had anything to do with stingers before this year I think it was dominated by Logan players (all home grown talent also) and they took the championship out I think. I just think there is a bit of the tall poppy syndrome mate. Anyway best of luck to all the boys. 
showaheart

showaheart

I don't know why Logan only had 4 boys, they should of selected 6, if any of those boys selected transferred out they should of picked players to replace them, so maybe the club havent done the right thing by the boys
the performance of last years 13's & 14's Brisbane sides was poor I believe & also the year before, & logan players dominated these teams

Warrior01

Warrior01

Yea no boys transferred out. They all got picked out of this years team. 
showaheart

showaheart

so why did only 4 boys go then? 
Warrior01

Warrior01

I think you mentioned the reason in an earlier post already as I asked a logan parent from that team after reading your post. 
showaheart

showaheart

but they were Waterford boys that were not allowed to play, but logan still had a allocation of 6 players, so should of sent 6, if they haven't, that a bit poor to not give some boys an opportunity 
Footyfreak1971

Footyfreak1971

Someone told me that they did not nominate there best talent cause they wanted to concentrate on the grandfinal, not the zone teams. But this is just gossip! 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Anyone know when these teams are picked. I noticed u13 had a selection weekend, but u14s aren't for a few weeks.

showaheart

showaheart

stingers has the u13's sides on there website, red & white, not north & south, not sure the zone sides had much to do with the selections, due to lack of communication by the zones, hope they stick with for next year, I would say the u14's will be selected after there weekend 
Warrior01

Warrior01

It looks like the white side are all south side boys and the red side is mainly north side boys with a few south clubbed boys thrown in? Is north side footy that weak - come on! U14s wont have much time before the championship dates then. Wondering if the zone sides will bear on the 14s. 14s Zone 3 organisation was pretty poor that's for sure. 
showaheart

showaheart

If you look at the results in prems after the first week of games, results dominated by southside teams, apart from Aspley who beat Redlands, the red side also has 5 players from div 1 & 2, I don't know anything about there teams, but as you said north side must be struggling if they have that many in the side from the lower grades, not saying the boys aren't up to it, but it unusual, I think the white side have a few from div 1 also, so should be interesting 
Footyfreak1971

Footyfreak1971

Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because there were so many talented players missing from the zone squads. Especially LB and Souths players! Should be some very competitive footy at the trials! 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - I haven't heard that school mentioned a lot lately from up that way David. Normally it's the Innisfails/Willows/Belgian Gardens etc that ...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
ALX21 - RD 20 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.NikorimaCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Bambling11 C.Hess
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181