The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

MM & CC Cups 2013

eagle10

eagle10

If Gold Coast had one side in cc they would be odds on favourites too win it 
darylp

darylp

5/4 favourite same in mmc. why do we have two teams it should be one team of the top 20 players each cup.
QUOTE=eagle10;1483992]If Gold Coast had one side in cc they would be odds on favourites too win it[/QUOTE] 
harrofam

harrofam

Are you Coast blokes saying that there aren't enough quality kids down the Coast to fill two teams:eek:. That's just as silly as saying Brisbane should have just two teams...a North Brisbane and a South Brisbane team rather than enter club sides in the comp. The more kids given a go can only improve the game of rugby league. 
eagle10

eagle10

Hey h I'm from brissie just saying if they want to win the comp they need to put 1team instead of splitting all the good player they can have 3 sides for all I care they won't win anything the way they have it now a second Side would be competitive with the likes of redcliffe ,wynum 
harrofam

harrofam

The old saying of winning isn't everything can sometimes be a cop out I know. Nobody plays to lose but winning the junior rep comps isn't really that important.Isn't it better to develop 120 players from the Gold Coast each season rather than 60. Junior players will only get better if they have the chance to play with and against good players. 
ALX21

ALX21

Anyone have squad lists for Wynnum, Easts, Norths, Souths Logan, Toowoomba and Central United?

Who are your tips for CC and MM? 
eagle10

eagle10

No argument here just a lot of people down the coast seem annoyed with what's going on down there 
eagle10

eagle10

Easts and norths in cc southern division 
harrofam

harrofam

Norths in both. 
brownpad

brownpad

Be interesting to have a look at the catchment area figures for registered league players for each CC/MM team.... sorry H Im not so sure CC/MM is about player development at club level, as all I have seen at the cold front is they run on the kids that will win. Maybe that's the overarching model that QRL want to implement but they forgot to tell some other significant people in their network.....IMO :) 
harrofam

harrofam

You are right LeagueLover that is how it works.Win at all costs and bugger everything else. But I'm sure that you agree with the sentiments that I am suggesting. 
reddyred

reddyred

I would have to agree..... 
shag73

shag73

A lot rides on the win at the stronger clubs but i don't believe player development is forgotton about altogether.
Kids mature at different stages, some bloom early and fall away around 18's to 20's for various reasons and others come along late.
Many clubs to my knowledge carry large squads through the summer pre season for development reasons but at the end of the day, you cross the white line and your their to win it. Watching Norths mainly over the last few years i have noticed that most boys in the 25 man squad get at least 1 game. 
shag73

shag73

Norths in CC
Townsville in MM
(tipped 2 out of 2 in 2012 - Souths/Townsville) :8 
brownpad

brownpad

Yep totally 
parra1

parra1

I think souths will be a darkhorse in the cc 
sleeper

sleeper

i agree it is about development and all kids should have an opportunity. I dont think its fun to watch a developing player being belted by represenative players. If its about delevelopment tell me how wynum trialled 58 kids for 20 spots/ north the same/ipswich 61 players for 20 spots and the gold coast 62 kids trialled for 40 spots. maths doesnt work. The gold coast is forced to have two teams and are mainly under 17s being 70% of fielded players. i really do not think the gold coast youngsters went that bad against ipswich considering ipswich is actually a rep side.(32-18 only 14 points in it). But i understand development and perhaps other districts will next year field two teams, and i highly doubt that. Hold your heads up Gold Coast boys just do your best good luck! 
sleeper

sleeper

league lover i would be very interesting!!!! I can say the gold coast trialled 62 players ( some from second division) all up for 40 spots. mmc teams are made up from mostly under 17s but are forced to make two teams. Development should be a club level not representative level. We are going to have some very unhappy parents on the coast when developing players start getting hurt by kids or at 18 men belting them thinking they are a rep team. They are not! To the Gold Coast Boy's that was not said to hurt you at all. I can see mums and dads start pulling players out and giving it a miss this year to play next the QRL will be in real trouble. 
sleeper

sleeper

agreed the more kids the better for mine. I am from the coast and yes there are enough kids to fields ten teams but they can not at a rep level. But by your comment are you saying Brisbane doesnt have engough kids????????? Brisbane selected and trialled by invitation 58 kids. The gold coast trialled 62 for 40 spots you work it out.!!!! 
Warrior01

Warrior01

I think it is fine that the Coast has two teams and do notbelieve that they are not competitive. It would be like saying Easts and Wynnumshould join up or Souths and Ipswich. Ofcourse they would then be stronger. Ihave seen on here people from the Coast moan of kids missing out??? Anyway my odds are Gold Coast, Souths Logan. Norths will be up the top too, especially ifthey play like a unit. I thought Eastswere the dark horses but not so sure after seeing their trial game against souths. Im told souths are stacked with 15 yr oldsand when their strongest blokes were on they looked pretty sharp. 
harrofam

harrofam

No I was being sarcastic.There are heaps of kids in Brisbane capable of playing in the CC and MM Comps.Unfortunitly there are not enough Brisbane based teams to give them all a go. 
sleeper

sleeper

fair enough. but wynnum/north/east sunshine coast for sure etc could run two teams as the gold coast has too. considering the coast teams are now even training together at each end of the field??? the mind boggggggles! 
FishEater

FishEater

Easts have 6 junior clubs who they draw on for CC players. I notice there are 13 junior clubs in the Coast Coast competition. 
harrofam

harrofam

Final Trial Matches for CC and MM teams

QRL Media http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=68658&title=final-trial-matches-for-cc-and-mm-teams

20/02/2013 1:58:16 PM

WITH the start of the Cyril Connell Cup and Mal Meninga Cup competitions only a week away; this weekend is the final one of trial games for the teams.
Sunshine Coast, Cairns and Maroochydore will all host the Under 18 and Under 16 matches.
Elsewhere, there are a number of other trial matches being played, including the Mackay Cutters taking on the North Queensland Cowboys Under 20 side at Virgin Australia Stadium and the Northern Pride hosting PNG champions Agmark Rabaul Gurias.
http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/document/00003772-source.pdf CC and MM Trial Matches Feb 22-24 (35KB) 
LazyBricky

LazyBricky

Its simple really, If the kids don't want to play in a competition where they may be understrength or they may not be as big or as strong as another side, surley they can't be serious thinking there going to make the big time? Yes, its a pathway for development, and it's understandable that it may be different fielding two equal understrength Gold Coast teams, but at the end of the day the kids will have to go through all that and more to make the big time.. So stop whinging about it I say and just enjoy the footy. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181