The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

MM & CC Cups 2013

harrofam

harrofam

Didn't know there was one.Some clubs bring new kids in all the time. 
Derfla

Derfla

Predictions 13

CC Norths
MM Easts

Surprise to hear SL lacking size this time of the season. Still the team to watch thou
Easts MM a wild one 
eagle10

eagle10

I think blackmandra is foxing ,after seeing last years Logan and south s sides no lacking size there( u15 prems) 
blackmandra

blackmandra

eagle10 i never said that logan was lacking in size 
eagle10

eagle10

Sorry blackmandra got you mixed up with warriors post 
WesternLegend

WesternLegend

Both The Townsville Stingers Squads look strong enough! 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Have u seen SL training this yr Eagle or Blackmandra? I havent but just heard from others. 
eagle10

eagle10

Haven't seen them train just going on the players they had too choose from the u15's last year unless they are playing somewhere else 
eagle10

eagle10

I think easts might be the smokeys in cc 
mdrew

mdrew

GC teams are trialing on the weekend of 2/3/ February. GC White v Norths and Green v Titans development squad 
blackmandra

blackmandra

warrior1 i never mentioned the size of sl teams at all, i haven't seen them train and it was eagle who mentioned it. 
brownpad

brownpad

was up there last week Western Legend, the cc pack is massive! 
brownpad

brownpad

I thought they looked ok League, theres a 100kg prop there, hope he's agile. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Yeah I know Blackmandra, just wondered if you had seen the squad. Eagle 10, I thought that too. Heard that they have quite a few 15s (thisyear) playing also. Maybe commitment or motivation may be a factor going on with some players from last year’s Logan and more so, South’s team last year. Found out my mates son plays for Souths Logan and spoke to him about the squad, he thinks they’ll be alright for size and speed. Said they have a few standout players already known and a few in there with huge potential. Eagle I saw Easts training and they should be the clear favourits really they are pretty stacked in my opinion. 
league

league

Yeah he was a bit of a stand out, my son is in a youger age group but i love watching the CC & MM comp when it comes around. I was just wondering how the squad compares to other CC squads or even to their squad from last year in regards to size?
They appear to be the only club posting player profiles i bet the kids get a real kick out of seeing themselves on the web-site. 
league

league

mdrew do you have any times or locations on these trials? 
mdrew

mdrew

GC White at Runaway Bay CC kicking off at 4pm on Saturday 2 Feb. GC Green at Cudgen on Sunday. No time arranged as yet..

cdaun1

cdaun1

Anyone know where you can find a list of squads ? 
league

league

Thanks mdrew 
sleeper

sleeper

watch the boys from the 16s last year playing mmc this year they qualify to play for two years. I watched the trials and also agree, hamilton great attacking player but no defence at all scary in the middle ( maybe a bad day for him hears hoping?). in the gold coast teams both have great 5/8's ( returning titans), competent 7's ( jack cook very under rated, but both teams have very strong 9"s, arron booth and jenan parrish these two will make you play if other teams are not careful. These two are the keys to gold coast. arron booth very good ball player, parrish tough and smart both can score from 40 out. The forward packs are very mobile and not oversized and lazy. one critisim shanye wright should be at 5/8 or lock. Both teams in my opinion do not have backs that are game breakers but are very honest players in there own right. both these teams should be competitive. selectors should have looked at combinations from the players at club levels rather than splitting the teams even ie: burleight have 6 players split between the two teams, smart money would have to kept them together. as said they will be competitive if they gel in time. ione for coaching staff and and football gods. 
mdrew

mdrew

I agree that Jack Cook is under rated, very good player, can play hooker but I think that he is better at half. It would be interesting to find out exactly how they determined the split into the two teams. Both will be stronger when boys still eligible for MM return from Titans NYC squad 
blackmandra

blackmandra

i must agree and dis-agree with your comments sleeper. Booth and Parish are both good players but they are not the be all or end all for both teams. I believe there are alot of attacking players available in both teams to help decide a game, it's just a matter of them getting a start in the top 17 to prove themselves. 
WesternLegend

WesternLegend

Good around Squad, plenty of good attacking players that are capable of winning you games.

Fowards look very mobile, very versatile team it looks like, plenty of boys can play a few positions!

May have to many halves/hookers, just seems there are to many 6s, 7s and 9s?? 
sleeper

sleeper

totally agree blackmandra. the forwards for both gc teams are strong and honest. the 5/8's 7's, and both 9's are ball players and thinkers. i watched the trials closley and felt a little dissapointed in the backs. The player to watch i believe is shanye wright had a quiet ccc but now very settled and we could see some greaty foot from this kid. if sam swift took it seriously both at game day and training he could be anything this year but should be in 13. i agree with you also there are players in both teams that to the frank will not get the opportunity. smart money is to play the best 13 in each team and leave them on the park as long as your can! thats footy. it is a competion after all!!!

I like what the qrl has done on the gold coast by taking over and splitting the teams, because if left alone in the same format by the district, the titans would have produced a very strong squad of full contracted players and district would have a very weak team. there is a huge number of fully contacted kids in these teams pushing for a start at nyc should make for good footy!

can not wait to see east and logan teams both have a hisory of being big strong and fast, i love there footy! does anyone know or could uopdate me on big george from logan i understand shoulder surgery!!!!!!!!????????

The boys on the fringes will be given the opportunity and will have to just produce to remain in the sqauds, we will see! competion is a great thing and very healthy. I believe i am unbasis because simply i dont have a boy playing. my boys days are over but i love this competion. 
mdrew

mdrew

I agree Sleeper, the decision to combine the two teams is the right one, the mismatch between the Titans contracted players and others would continue to grow. Both sides should be competitive. In CC, both sides look a similar standard, but for me Green MM is a little stronger in the forwards. I agree that Sam Swift should get a lot of game time, but there are a lot of talented backrowers in both GC MM sides. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - In my opinion, players listed above would be worthy of selection to come up against the Knights dominated NSW team. Good luck to all tea...
boaa - Depending on finals performance Hudson may force tatipata or Allan out. Bench could be peacock sula sioasa Wilshire and noema
buckmajor - Thanks Steve, forgot to check back here lol.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168