The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

MM & CC Cups 2013

Nightmare

Nightmare

Could be a few from Easts.From what Ive seen the fullback picks himself, in the games Ive watched his clearly the best in SEQ but havent seen the other comp.Will be interesting to see if he does get picked as he is only 15 this year.The 2 storm boys could go close.
I would definately have the front rower from GC white as well. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

I havent seen any of the teams up North play so cant include them. However I do think for CC I have heard that the Brisbane based teams will win easily (that’s not my opinion as I have no idea, just what ive been told by my mates up there). With the MM it will be a different story though and will be much closer. Players ive liked this year
Easts: Ponga, Stowers, Wilkins, maybe Barr/Prichard
Norths: Spander, Frauid, Molo, Foulds,
GCW: Hipgrave,
Ipswich: Pakau, maybe Vui
SL: S’ua, Samuel
GCG: Dawson
Wynnum: Cotter
That’s 17 though and obviously with Pool B’s talent – some of these boys will miss out.

Nightmare

Nightmare

I watched the Wynnum v Redcliffe CC game and when that front rower your talking about went off they lost all momentum.Wynnum were infront by 12 or so with 10mins to go and lost by 8 from memory. 
fabz

fabz

I haven't seen the teams yet but it wouldnt suprise me if this weekend sees the 15 year olds Ponga & Hudson battle for the fullback spot. Hudson has been the No.1 fullback for his age group since U12 although last year he moved to 5/8 and was equally devastating for the Marlins. Its a pity I cant make the game but was looking forward this contest. Either way both boys should feature in the 15 Schoolboys comp if they dont make the 16s Qld Team. 
Buddy12

Buddy12

Eligibility might play a factor for some of the players.
Do the selectors go with individual brilliance or combinations that have worked well?! Glad I don't have to pick the QLD teams. 
QLDR

QLDR

Spander and the two Easts players are not eligible as they were not playing in QLD at 13. The new rep eligibility rules might see a few players not picked. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Wow even though spander has already represented QLD??? I can agree for the others now the rule is in though. I think they need to go for the best players for their best positions… It’s the coaches job to get them up to scratch in camp and working well as a team. And if they are the best for their positions the players should be able to connect anyway. NSW is going to be tough to beat and they need the best kids IMO. 
Nightmare

Nightmare

Interesting.....I forgot all about those new rules.
Is this a rule that NSW will be enforcing as well or just QLD ?????? 
Buddy12

Buddy12

Didn't the form say something about eligibility and there were questions about city/country as well..the memory ain't what it used to be?! So hopefully both states are enforcing it. 
eagle10

eagle10

Warrior I think I would rather lanskey from norths over foulds ,easily norths best for the comp 
Crash91

Crash91

SL players considering their standing? You must be kin folk. You have to look at the top teams from Northern and Southern for the best players to beat NSW as they would do the same. I'd rather the selectors look at team work over individual play already displayed by some of the players in the top teams. No team list for me, too much pressure on players at the mo. 
Nightmare

Nightmare

Not too sure B, my son is a number of years off playing CC if he even turns out to be good enough.Im just an interested party watching these young boys develop, and obviously have an allience to Easts. 
Buddy12

Buddy12

I think I would rather see teamwork!!!! Individuals can wreck some teams as we've seen. But yes it is the coaches job to bring them together. In the years of watching my boys they haven't been the "rock stars" but boy they've made a lot of players look good by setting things up or being the last pass before a try is scored. Like I said... Glad I'm not picking the side. There are definitely some talented boys playing. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Crash 91, I have “kin” in the MM team but do know some of the boys in CC, but that is not why I mentioned them. I wasn’t only naming from top four teams, just players I believe played well if I had seen them play on more than just a few occasions. I only saw Redcliffe play once and that is why I didn’t pick from that team. I picked from every other team in the southern conference, including Wynnum. Should a player not be considered due to the team not performing? Maybe, maybe not. That’s up to the selectors. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Crash 91, didnt you also say: "The selectors will have to take into consideration the Qld rep players from last year and their current form and those who are in the top 4 teams. There are also a few rep players in the bottom teams to be looked at so it's not an easy job."
Most of the boys I named not in top four teams are rep players and well know ones at that. Probably all besides Cotter, and I am not kin to him either haha 
eagle10

eagle10

Heard a comment at the norths v easts game which I think was right on the mark ,norths are a team of champions
East are a champion team 
Crash91

Crash91

May still be right Warrior, but the key word is current Form and team standings. Eg Palasia, Dawson and Veve held together GCgreen and did well this year. From my count, Easts hold more rep players than any other team so talent is there but the coaching maybe the difference. 
blackmandra

blackmandra

Easts cc coach has done a sensational job this year with the boys. He has finally gotten his chance at this level and has proven a lot of critics wrong. Shame we cannot say the ssme with a few coaches this year, in both cc & mm. 
ALX21

ALX21

"But from 2013 no player will be eligible to play for NSW or Queensland unless he has lived in that state before the age of 13, or unless he is the son of an Origin player." 
bigbear

bigbear

Crash91 the 3 boys you mentioned palasia.veve& dawson from CC green could have blown any chance they had of a QLD jumper in saturdays game against wunnum.All 3 got sent off in the second half leaving just 10 players to hang on for the victory.Finished up being a great win by the GCgreen.Will be surprized if a number of wynnum players dont find themselves in trouble as well. 
Ballplayer7

Ballplayer7

Talking to an official from Easts, the CC coach has been involved in the club for around 10 years and has coached a number of teams to grand finals during that time and coached the Fogs Cup side a few years ago. Apparently he is on the committee at Easts and never really had any interest in the CC or MM coaching until asked if he was interested from within the club but agree that the side looks very well organised and drilled. Have heard rumours that another club close to the Tigers are interested in him for next year. Semi-finals should be interesting on Saturday with the two Brisbane teams, Easts and Norths favourites to win. Should be interesting viewing. 
LEAGUEMAN

LEAGUEMAN

From what I've seen of the junior competitions Easts are the best coached team in the comp with some fairly handy players. The fullback has been outstanding in games that I have seen in attack but the defence has been brutal and very disciplined, particularly against Souths at Brandon Pk in round 3. The only time this team has been tested was against the mighty Norths Devils a couple of weeks ago. If Norths can rise above the infighting and some massive egos within the team I believe they can win the QLD final. 
bigbear

bigbear

Easts CC/ COACH is a school teacher who has coached a lot of school sides.Plus a nice guy. 
eagle10

eagle10

Agree leagueman about norths hope the coach and selectors get it right for the next 2 weeks doubt it though ,almost the best team they had was against wynum,just need to include rycroft,akaoula and nikorima on bench ,and if serious drop the big number 8 
eagle10

eagle10

My team would be 1 perese,2 jones 3 rycroft 4yorston 5 Glynn 6spannder 7 fauid 8 foulds 9miers 10 timu 11 lanskey 12 molo 13 hitchens bench akaoula ,nikorima,minetto and blackman 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181