The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

MM & CC Cups 2013

blackmandra

blackmandra

just spoke to a friend who was at the game mdrew to confirm who was playing, according to him, the only contracted boys he saw on the field were Max Elliott, Kyle Kalkoven and tyrone Tootell. The rest were a mixture of both MM teams and a few boys from New Zealand here for a week to trail.He did notice a couple of 17 year olds in the team. He told me these kids had no preparations what so ever before the game, yet played well together.All 3 titans boys did well and lead from the front. as i said in my last post, these kids were the unwanted and everyone on the coast complaining about having two teams. These kids must have got some skills as they beat an under 20's squad from brisbane and as i have been told were far bigger than the teams that played down at Ipswich last week. 
mdrew

mdrew

Sorry Blackmandra, I was only going off what I was told by a titans official. yes Redlands were bigger but no where near as fit or skillful as Ipswich. May have found a couple of keepers with the Kiwi boys.

mdrew

mdrew

Sorry Blackmandra I was only going off what I was told by a Titans official. Redlands were bigger but not as fit ro skilful as Ipswich. May have found a few keepers with the Kiwi boys. 
blackmandra

blackmandra

what about the gold coast boys that played? scrap heap i suppose and we can pay and keep some of the kiwi boys. So much for developing and pathways for the coast. 
mdrew

mdrew

not at all, Max Elliott for example is one i believe has a big future, i meant no disrespect at all, quite the opposite 
blackmandra

blackmandra

kyle kalkoven i hear had a blinder, according to sources he was none stop all night with defence and hit ups, told he's much better than sam swift. 
john.swift

john.swift

Steve t. You hit the nail right on the head . lets wait and see what happens next week. 
Derfla

Derfla

Anyone know when the teams get listed for the first hitout 
mdrew

mdrew

Usually on Thursday afternoon on the QRL website. Well that was last year, but I assume it will be the same this time around. 
harrofam

harrofam

Connell & Meninga Cup Rd 1 Teams
QRL Media

27/02/2013 3:31:58 PM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/image/00016890-image.jpg

THE teams for the opening round of the Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga Cups have been released.
The elite Under 16 and Under 18 competitions kick off on Friday night with the Easts Tigers and Wynnum Manly Seagulls in action at Scott Park.
Along with a host of matches in the south-east, the opening round will also feature games in Ayr and Innisfail.
To view the teams, click here
http://admin.nrl.sportal.net.au/site/_content/document/00003802-source.pdf Round 1 Connell & Meninga Cup teams 
grobbo73

grobbo73

Keep an eye out for Kalolo Saitaua coming off the bench for Norths 18's, big raps on him. 
eagle10

eagle10

Tips for cc southern div easts,norths,gold coast white,souths Logan 
ALX21

ALX21

Agreed, and in the Northern Division either Townsville or Mackay. 
ALX21

ALX21

CC Players to Watch
*Based on [U]U15 Schoolboys/14/13/12 Merit Teams
[/U][U]Easts:[/U] Agassi Stowers, Calvin Pritchard, Kalyn Ponga, Lachlan Barr, Luke Swift, Nick Udowika
[U]Norths:[/U] Izaia Perese, Lachlan Lanskey, Logan Spaander, Michael Molo
[U]Ipswich:[/U] Carter Auld, Maranatha Raeli
[U]Townsville:[/U] Brenn Foster, Jason Bail, Myles Romanello, Nathan Lafferty, Rhein Frank, Sione Veukiso
[U]Souths Logan:[/U] Aaron Ulai, Arrion Ngatuere-Wroe, Jaydn Sua, Moses Kele
[U]Toowoomba:[/U] Jarred Tuite, Tristan Hope
[U]Mackay:[/U] Ashten Windsor, Jye Del Simone, Kellen Jenner
[U]CQ:[/U] Alex Mather
[U]Central:[/U] Daniel Kirk
[U]GC White:[/U] Ethan Roberts (NSW), Jesse Savage, Josh Ralph, Keegan Hipgrave, Nathan Prostamo, Sheaziah Compain
[U]GC Green:[/U] Jerome Veve, Keanu Dawson, Keenan Palasia, Sam Elliot (NSW), Zac Beecher (NSW)

Not named in squads so far: Jake Elmore (Easts), David Pritchard (?), Thomas Packer (?), Bernard Lewis (Northern) and Lewis Huckstep (?).

Former Merit Squad members: [U]Tyson Smith [/U](Easts), [U]Quillan Malaki [/U](Norths), [U]Kaleo Tupai [/U](Ipswich), [U]Kelvin Bambling [/U](Sunshine Coast), [U]Brayden Josephs [/U](Toowoomba), Aaron Bertuola (Northern), [U]Jake Ainsworth [/U](CQ), [U]Elijah Edwards[/U] (CQ) and [U]Jesse Marschke [/U](Central). 
Jscsp

Jscsp

Players to watch, shame this same behaviour isn't encouraged to include every player. Representing QLD school boys one year doesn't make a great player. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Wow that sounds like sour grapes right there. You cant include every player in a players to watch opinion. Each and every boy has the opportunity to be watched and perform week in week out from this week onwards, however quite often people ask about players to watch out for. I think ALX21 got it pretty right as to players who have shown their worth. Most of these boys listed (in the southern teams I am more knowing about) have done more than make a schoolboys team just once so that comment is pretty harsh. Most of these boys ALX21 has listed are the top of their games and have proven it year in, year out. IMO there are a few boys I would leave out and a few I would add in.

The main players that I believe deserve their wraps is Barr, Stowers, Perese, Spander, Molo, Roberts, Síua, Hipgrave, Dawson, Swifty, Nick, Leota, Ulai. They are just boys I donít really know but have come to know about because of their performances onfiled.

Looking forward to what looks like will be a close race between some of these teams. 
Jscsp

Jscsp

Lol..... No sour grapes,I have no boys to have to play rugby league! Just a follower of junior rugby league and the competition. My point was saying that people build these kids up to very high expectations and some kids end up failing as they get to big for their boots and think they bigger then the game and also builds tunnel vision as people are only watching certain kids.. Will be an interesting competition and good luck to everyone especially the kids who aren't mention in the players to watch! 
Mehz

Mehz

Players to watch this weekend are norths- Jayden nikorima #6 and Gc greens Samuel swift #13 and Jenan Parrish #9. School boy selectors are going to have to keep there eyes out these boys 
aspleynorths

aspleynorths

Watch out for no 1 for easts mm player josh Bowen very exciting player just like his uncle Marty Bowen just a bit taller expecting big things from him has come from union 
fabz

fabz

I'm interested in seeing how the 15s in CC perform having seen most of them at rep level in their age group including Pakau, Ioane, Carrol, Hudson, Pirihi, Smith, Opo, Fabila-Hicks, Cotter, O'Grady, Wilshere, T.Hunt & Maafu. Ponga v Opo & Hudson will also be intriging as these 3 and possibly Carrol may have to battle for fullback in the 15s Schoolboys. 
Nightmare

Nightmare

Easts will give the CC one hell of a shake... 
aspleynorths

aspleynorths

Only time will ttell very excited about the first round of this comp as I am most years , this will be the first time without watching any of my boys as one will be in the stingers outfit and the other is to old.
But I will be watching most of the games in brisbane to see who will be the next super star ,wish all the teams for this first round the best of luck.
cant wait for friday 
ALX21

ALX21

The future is bright. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

ALX21 : You listed some boys as former Merit Squad members - what is that?

Edit: scrap that.. just read your post again lol 
LazyBricky

LazyBricky

Read in the program swift is playing #8 this weekend against norths, due to 4 props bring out injured 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181