The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Under 16 SEQ Kookaburras and SEQ President XIII Sides

Warrior01

Warrior01

Yes I heard the defence in the middle was atrocious and NSW kept going there all day! 
piebra

piebra

On the SOO subject, I home cared a boy last year who was in the u/16 QLD side and they had almost the same result as this years team, they were walloped. He came back and was in awe of the size and speed NSW produced across the whole park and this kid was a gun from QLD and he was intimidated. I think playing 3 games as per the NRL would be a positive for the boys, you can the loss, work on it and hopefully produce better results games 2 & 3, win or lose. 
ETFC

ETFC

A Tri series would be a great start, I can't see how it wouldn't be a bad idea?? Intimidation and Nerves shouldn't be a factor in this level, but I can see how it is (what a huge event for those boys in a stadium full of thousands) They need a mentor system set up in the QLD camps for any NRL players to work with that player in their particular positions they are playing?? Or some sort of mentor system to teach and guide them through what they went through and experienced?? Those QAS camps that happen yearly should be very similar to the development process of creating their QLD contenders for their Qld teams each year, which i thought it was but Im not sure?? QAS is run by Broncos I believe, so I just assume they work closely together to create these teams?? Is that how it works?? Is there statistics being recorded during the Cyril Connell season for each player to produce results for Qld selectors ??? Picking a Qld squad to play in preparation games heading towards the big game to finalise their No1 team for the Main Event which is SOO can be an option?? 
Carnsy69

Carnsy69

I managed to get to SOO game and gotta say that the Qld team was beaten all over the park. I thought the forwards did their job but the Qld outside backs struggled in defence on both ends with miss tackles and lack of attack and drop balls. Wonder how the country boys will go against the Qld team. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Got to watch a DVD of the SOO game. My source wasn’t wrong when they said NSW got handed tries at times. Didn’t seem to be many set plays at all to create anything for Qld either. Felt the forwards did not give spaander much opporuntiy to work his magic either. Wow didn’t expect a brawl in the match, bet the crowd loved that. Hipgrave was a stand out in the team in my opinion, defence outstanding and aggression just what a SOO needs. S’ua was also good getting close to the line a few times but not sure why he was picked as a centre? Ive watched him the last few years for Logan and he is a mint second row. They missed his defence and hole running in the middle. The other centre, usually a firecracker was off in defence, but definitely not the only one. The smaller guys were targeted and rolled. Really wish there was another game here in Brisbane just to see how they performed after the first experience. 
ALX21

ALX21

@Warrior01, do you know how the average joe could obtain this DVD.

Maybe selectors will choose players on "toughness" instead of attack and no defence. 
Carnsy69

Carnsy69

Dvds are usually issued to participating players. I take it thats how you got to see the game Warrior...

Warrior01

Warrior01

yeah my mate was there, he must have purchased it at the game id say. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181