The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Under 16 SEQ Kookaburras and SEQ President XIII Sides

que

que

No Under 16 Poinsettias but we do haves combined team of GC and Brisbane players SEQKookaburras is that right. This team are players picked from 2013 CC conpetition, squad to be announced on Monday. Some players have already received an email letter, only some as QRL server crashed so only half were contacted via email.....Not sure about the PresXIII though I have heard some were contacted by phone... 
View all 59 comments
piebra

piebra

I miss those boys - go Townsville City 
giggi.delo

giggi.delo

U 13's Marlins should see Bailey tautau, Jarret Subloo and Mackenzie selected just to name a few

piebra

piebra

Anyone from up North know who made it in the Marlins under 16's from Townsville 
bro2368

bro2368

2013 NQ Marlins U16 Side
1 Bernard Lewis Crns
2 Tibau Stephen Crns
3 Nathan Traill Crns
4 Tiwana Biddle Tsv City
5 Wes Mooka Tsv City
6 Elika Taufahema Mky
7 Brad Cross Tsv City
8 Sione Veukiso Tsv City
9 Jason Bail Tsv City
10 Faron Morris Tsv City
11 Myles Romanello Tsv Country
12 Mosese Uluiviti Mky
13 Kellen Jenner Mky
14 Thomas Taia Tsv City
15 George Moananu Tsv City
16 Keith Doi Crns
17 Curtis Hober Crns
18 Ryan Lloyd Tsv City

Tsv City won the NQ title some very good footy played over the two days of competition.
The NQ side will be a very tough side looking forward to watching the boys play at the Qld Titles.

piebra

piebra

Thanks Bro2368, I only know the Tsv boys and Kellen very well but on paper looks a very strong team as always, Marlins always do the North proud at the state carnival in every age group 
eagle10

eagle10

Team lists are up on qrl site now 
bro2368

bro2368

What's peoples thoughts on the U16 SEQ sides now that they have announced. 
eagle10

eagle10

Very strong side good forward pack 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Some big ommissions though. I dont know if i understand how this team is picked. If picked on CC competition, why was there a selection weekend a few weeks ago. There are a lot of the better players missing and a lot of unknowns names. As I said not sure how the selection process went or what this team is actually for. But some of the boys I thought were the top in CC this year by far are missing? 
eagle10

eagle10

Not sure warrior but I think the first side is picked from cc and the second side is more of a development team don't quote me but 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Ok, so just worked out that obviously boys who played in SOO U16 werent picked?? That is crazy. Do you know if that is the case. 
eagle10

eagle10

Yeah that's right because I think these other boys are playing for a spot in the other qld side ,similar to qld maroons and white 
ETFC

ETFC

THE U16 QLD vs NSW results on last Wednesday opening game:
NEW SOUTH WALES 30 (Jesse Ramien 2, Latrell Mitchell, Reimis Smith, Gabriel Hamlin, Jack Cogger tries; Brock Lamb 3 goals) def QUEENSLAND 0 at ANZ Stadium.

How can the selection process come up with a QLD team that gives this as a result??? Any one know how this process works?? 
ALX21

ALX21

I don't understand the chairman's side either, it should be Kookaburras and Poinsettias. Players who were good enough to play CC should be good enough for this tournament to be selected e.g. Auld, Raeli, Compain, Kele, Palasia etc.

In response about the U16SOO game, well that is NSW' golden generation, as good as our players were NSW were just too good on the night. I'm not sure how QRL can improve results at this level. Any suggestions? 
Warrior01

Warrior01

I didn’t see the game myself so can’t comment in depth, but word is that NSW were just that good. Well drilled and controlled the speed of the game. I heard Qld made some silly errors early on in the game right in front of the NSW line, giving NSW points quickly and easily. After that nothing went right for Qld. Some players were exposed and the staff tried to make changes, but it was too late. My source tells me they just panicked but did come close to scoring a few times. Just one of those games. Maybe QRL need to push for a three or even two series. I reckon these boys would learn a lot from getting the chance of redemption. However it is a golden generation but I think Qld develpment is trying to get there and will. 
eagle10

eagle10

Just my opinion but selectors are more interested in picking attacking players ,everyone can attack but not everyone can defend 
piebra

piebra

There are CC players in both the SEQ and XIII, at least 7 players mixed up in both teams played in the Norths team. Both teams are made up of a combination of players from all over SEQ, something different this year to previous years, whether this decision is a positive one will only tell after the carnival. I did notice that there is a player in the XIII final 18 that wasn't on the training squad list, not sure if this was an oversight on the original squad list or he was put in last minute. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Yes I heard the defence in the middle was atrocious and NSW kept going there all day! 
piebra

piebra

On the SOO subject, I home cared a boy last year who was in the u/16 QLD side and they had almost the same result as this years team, they were walloped. He came back and was in awe of the size and speed NSW produced across the whole park and this kid was a gun from QLD and he was intimidated. I think playing 3 games as per the NRL would be a positive for the boys, you can the loss, work on it and hopefully produce better results games 2 & 3, win or lose. 
ETFC

ETFC

A Tri series would be a great start, I can't see how it wouldn't be a bad idea?? Intimidation and Nerves shouldn't be a factor in this level, but I can see how it is (what a huge event for those boys in a stadium full of thousands) They need a mentor system set up in the QLD camps for any NRL players to work with that player in their particular positions they are playing?? Or some sort of mentor system to teach and guide them through what they went through and experienced?? Those QAS camps that happen yearly should be very similar to the development process of creating their QLD contenders for their Qld teams each year, which i thought it was but Im not sure?? QAS is run by Broncos I believe, so I just assume they work closely together to create these teams?? Is that how it works?? Is there statistics being recorded during the Cyril Connell season for each player to produce results for Qld selectors ??? Picking a Qld squad to play in preparation games heading towards the big game to finalise their No1 team for the Main Event which is SOO can be an option?? 
Carnsy69

Carnsy69

I managed to get to SOO game and gotta say that the Qld team was beaten all over the park. I thought the forwards did their job but the Qld outside backs struggled in defence on both ends with miss tackles and lack of attack and drop balls. Wonder how the country boys will go against the Qld team. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Got to watch a DVD of the SOO game. My source wasn’t wrong when they said NSW got handed tries at times. Didn’t seem to be many set plays at all to create anything for Qld either. Felt the forwards did not give spaander much opporuntiy to work his magic either. Wow didn’t expect a brawl in the match, bet the crowd loved that. Hipgrave was a stand out in the team in my opinion, defence outstanding and aggression just what a SOO needs. S’ua was also good getting close to the line a few times but not sure why he was picked as a centre? Ive watched him the last few years for Logan and he is a mint second row. They missed his defence and hole running in the middle. The other centre, usually a firecracker was off in defence, but definitely not the only one. The smaller guys were targeted and rolled. Really wish there was another game here in Brisbane just to see how they performed after the first experience. 
ALX21

ALX21

@Warrior01, do you know how the average joe could obtain this DVD.

Maybe selectors will choose players on "toughness" instead of attack and no defence. 
Carnsy69

Carnsy69

Dvds are usually issued to participating players. I take it thats how you got to see the game Warrior...

Warrior01

Warrior01

yeah my mate was there, he must have purchased it at the game id say. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

fastwater - sounds like a really gai idea..... you dum fook....
ALX21 - Semi FinalJ.Nikorima and Fai named on the bench for the Broncos.
KHemsleyrulz - I realise this thread is quite old, but I'm chasing a copy of this book myself - does anyone know where I can find one?
eagle10 - there is a team list on stingers site but its versing a Toowoomba rep side
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
surjetota - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...
bossshoel - New Zealand All Blacks vs South Africa Springboks Live streaming online Rugby 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free replay video sco...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181