The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Transfer points system in brisbane

saintsfc

saintsfc

Does this rule they tried to bring in last year still apply that teams can only bring in 14 points. I know one junior team that has brought in 60 points this season. They won premier grade last year and have a div 1 side. Yet they are still approved to bring in a heap of new kids? Maybe Mcinally has buckled already. 
queensland1

queensland1

Who's Mcinally????? 
eagle10

eagle10

Think it is still on know one boy from aspley being stopped going to norths because of the points system 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Must only be for some clubs then. Logan must be exempt? Happens year after year there. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Doesit also apply to MM cup teams and CC. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

No it's a Brisbane comp rule. 
5thnlast

5thnlast

It comes down to who you know I'm afraid. The bigger clubs can get away with it. Cant comment on the Logan example, but last years East's 15's certainly exceeded the 14 points with just 2 boys. I know a boys who tried to transfer to a smaller club a couple of years ago and was prevented by Rule 16. The league happen to 'find' him a club to join. 
shag73

shag73

The rule is a joke. Its a fact the bigger clubs get away with it on a regular basis. Definately who you know. The U16 boys that have been trying to transfer from Aspley to Norths have finally been allowed but only after the coach from Norths stood his ground and wouldn't take no for an answer. Turned out BRL denied it originally without checking their facts and just jumped on the big club bandwagon. Would advise anyone effected by this ridiculous rule to put up a fight as the bigger clubs ARE getting away with it. 
eagle10

eagle10

Thank god they let the aspley boy go now norths can put up with his mother 
5thnlast

5thnlast

Doesnt every team have one of them? 
shag73

shag73

It's about junior footballers losing the right to choose their own club. Plain and simple. No money owed, no player was poached and no club was going to be left short in this case. 2 boys denied the right to return to their original junior club and for what reason ? I'm glad Norths appealed the decision because this ridiculous law has and will continue to effect many while protecting just a few. I'm told they had lost 8 players (40 pts) from their last years team but are only allowed to replace it with 14 points under this law. How can you field a team with these restrictions and more importantly how is it promoting our game at the junior level ? 
shag73

shag73

Why should anyone at the junior level where there is no money involved be told where they can and can't play ? It reaks of big fish and it would be great to see the small clubs stand together and get it changed. 
kbw

kbw

Its not always a cut and dried situation. I have seen clubs/teams rape and pillage other teams to build super teams.
Yet I have seen teams thrive and grow into 2 because the officials work hard to get kids to the game. They get new kids, rugby kids and get kids to return to the game, yet get accused of doing the wrong thing by people that sit on their backsides and whinge while their clubs lose teams. 
Johnny_Blaze

Johnny_Blaze

Parents pay rego's, match fees, playing gear and for some parent's, rep fees as well. We also transport these boy's to and from training, games and rep commitments at our own cost. Quite happy to do all this. Unless Stingers or QRL cover these costs no one has the right to tell me where my boy's can or can't play. Rep player or not. 
Qlder2013

Qlder2013

you are correct kbw, we've all seen the raping but I have also seen some clubs make questionable decisions about their coaches. It is the responsibility of the clubs and coaches to continually develop their players. When this stops or doesn't happen (can think of several teams which have won premierships on sheer natural ability and not through any real coaching, structure etc) players/parents become stagnant (i.e. bored) and start to look elsewhere. when they go elsewhere, the whinges make the loudest noise and it is easier for other like minded people to 'believe.' 
eagle10

eagle10

Normally I would agree with you johnny blaze but knowing these players the mother signs with the club who pays for fees ,boots etc even though one is a contract broncos player good luck norths dealing with the mother if her son doesn't get the ball all the time 
saintsfc

saintsfc

What a load of dribble, the logan under 13's, the team that brought in 60 points worth of players now has 2 teams in the under 13 prem age group. Well done to the league, guess we all know who is going to be in the GF. So much for trying to have an even comp and spread out the talent, why have this rule in place if its not enforced. 
Johnny_Blaze

Johnny_Blaze

The culture, attitude and discipline in the U13 age group at logan brothers is phenomenal. This has been instilled by all U13 coaches who work together with the common goal of developing ALL players. Might be hard to believe for some people, but that's how it is in this particular age group. It's no surprise the Div 1 side promoted to prems, they are trained with similar structure and techniques as the other perm side.

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

Wilbur09 - When are the CC QLD teams named?
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Results Broncos: J.Nikorima 3 tries, 5 goals
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168