The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Queensland U18 2013

ALX21

ALX21

This is to see who the future Queenslanders may be. Add names if I have missed any. Not sure on eligibility on a few. Also speculate on MM Cup and any bolters from that competition.

Broncos
Jayden Berrell [Gold Coast/NYC 2012] (NYC)
Jai Arrow [Gold Coast/NYC2012] (Norths Devils MM) (NYC)
Paul Byrnes [Townsville] (NYC)
Brendon McBryde [Easts] (Wynnum Manly Colts)
Joe Ofahengaue [Ipswich] (NYC)
Duncan Paia’aua [CQ Capras] (NYC)
Harry Pondekas [CQ Capras] (Norths Devils MM)
Jack Schaffer [Central United] (NYC)
Richard Skelton [Redcliffe MM]
Ashley Taylor [Toowoomba] (NYC)
Chris Ostwald [Central United] (Norths Devils MM)
Tyson Cleal [Redcliffe MM]
Cade Maloney [Townsville] (Wynnum Manly Colts/MM)
Jordan Drew [Toowoomba] -
Jarrod Dodd [Toowoomba] (Norths Devils MM)
Bulldogs
Kyle Krisanski-Kennedy [Mackay]
Cowboys
Aaron Solari [Townsville]
Alex Clark-Kennedy [Sunshine Coast]
Andrew Asi-Hunt (Niemoeller) [Norths] (NYC)
Ben Mathiou [Gold Coast]
Chris Law [Townsville]
Conor Carey [Gold Coast]
Jack Brock [Townsville]
Kieran Quabba [Townsville]
Kurt Perry [Townsville]
Liam Anderson [Townsville]
Rainer Power [Townsville]
Reece Grimes [Norths]
Scott Schulte [Mackay]
Michael Barclay [Townsville]
Dragons
Bronson Hoani (Illawarra Steelers) [Sunshine Coast]
Eels
Jack Anderson [CQ Capras]
Lachlan Roe [Ipswich]
Knights
Jacob Gagai [Mackay]
Josh Birch [Norths]
Panthers
Connor Tilney (Western Sydney Academy) [CQ Capras]
Raiders
Brenko Lee [Souths Logan] (NYC)
Cameron Booth [Souths Logan]
Dylan McGrath [Souths Logan]
James Pound [?]
Luke Bateman [Souths Logan]
Roosters
Delayne Ashby [Redcliffe]
Perry Ioane [Ipswich]
Luke Chevi Ellis* [Townsville] [DOB '96]
Sharks
Valentine Holmes [Townsville]
Storm
Clint Posselt [Northern Pride]
Ellery Tusa [Ipswich]
Maxwell Fesolai [Ipswich]
Tigers
Ryan Gardner (Balmain) [Sunshine Coast]
Titans
Sam Gee [Gold Coast/NYC 2012] (NYC)
Nathan Wilson [Gold Coast] (NYC) 
View all 190 comments
Tee91

Tee91

So who do you reckon should of been picked and never got in? Who scored the only try for Qld? 
unity

unity

Not my go naming kids mate,Elijah Alick only try scorer and my opinion really means nothing at the end of the day to be honest!! 
Tee91

Tee91

Thanks for the try scorer! 
unity

unity

My nephew says Ellery Tusa try scorer got it wrong over intercom 
sleeper

sleeper

Well 56 to 6 QLD loose (flogged), NSW players better all over the paddock. My only opinion, Qld selectors should be embarrassed they are place in position to do a job and select players in form and not be told. Guys its a State Team. NSW players out played Qld in every position across the park. NSW Selectors well done you actually selected, which can be seen by clubs the boys where selected from. Qld selectors must not have got a petrol allowance because it seems they just rang the Broncos/Aspley and asked them!!! Don't worry about looking anywhere else. Guys in Qld we have Three Nrl Clubs to select from and that does not include the Boys in seniors at clubs from tweed to cairns who are not signed to one Club who didn't even get a look.

Congradulations to NSW you deserved it I enjoyed watching your skill across the park!!!!

Qld Boys hold your heads up the game is over and the opinions on forums like this do not matter in the slightest. Many of you have wonderful careers ahead. No one can single out any one player its a sign of a small mind. ITS A TEAM SPORT in a state against State game someone has to loose. 
Northfury

Northfury

Well done sleeper you nailed it. The selectors are to blame entirely for this. Not only don't they travel to watch games - other than Suncorp Stadium - they obviously don't view the stats of games either. The lads on this forum would have done a much better job. How easy was it for NSW to shut down the QLD game plan, they must have watched some old Bronco games. 
Carnsy69

Carnsy69

Same goes with the process in the Qld 16s and similar results. I noticed they had several signed Broncos in the squad and all run on however most of them were out of form. Good players but were out of form for this season. It showed on game day when they dropped balls and missed tackles. I will say that a key Broncos junior selector was buzzing around the Head selector during the state final go figure. In form players are being benched or not selected because of who they are signed with. This has been well known for some time and its time changes be made for the sake of the state. Heads up boys. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

The 18s will be devastated with that loss, and especially at Suncorp. I watched the game and they were never in it obviously. There were a few kids people rave on about on this forum (whom I don’t need to name) who did not perform. One in particular, is an outstanding player in his age group, however was not ready for this sort of stage I believe in such a key position. His tackling and hesitatation in attack let him down big time. NSW just steamrolled and were way too quick. I don’t think we can blame the selectors completely. Most of these boys did deserve to get in. There are always going to be boys that “don’t” get in but should have… they can only pick so many players. Sometimes it is picked on combinations, how coachable a kid is and how versatile a kid is, especially in one off games. The Broncos, contrary to what people have said on here, in my experience they don’t go around picking any and everything running around. From my experience, they do have the better players running around. I have seen them pass on quite a few boys in the past few years. Same as the 16s! I think you watched the game Carnsey69 and imo it was not necessarily the Broncs signed kids that should not have been there. One top player comes to mind as having an “off” game and spent a bit of time off the field, however another Broncos player (prop) would have been one of the best on the park. Some key positions let that team down in defence and to be honest were a few of the names I heard the all too familiar “????” when the team was announced (not Broncs signed 99% sure). It’s hard putting a team together for a one off game. NSW obviously nailed it both times. It’s just how it goes. Good to see the 15s doing Qld proud and beating NSW finally!

ALX21

ALX21

Josh Birch (Centre) made his debut for the Knights. 
Northfury

Northfury

Thanks Warrior just the reply I would expect from a Bronco man or perhaps a selector. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Haha Northfury, we are all entitled to our own opinions on the forum and gotta love it mate. Im not a Bronco fan, nor selector but have been to many many tournaments, games etc. Not once have I not heard complaints about the team picked, not once have I seen a perfect team picked either. These boys get picked for some sort of reason, and they ALL deserve their selection as they all go out there and play the game they love, train hard and put it. There are floggings all the time, even in national test matches, state of origin, you name it. Sometimes it just doesn’t work. Yeah change the selectors every single year, I guarantee you there will still be as many complaints each year. This is the reason the 13s and 14s have canned their Qld merit teams, too many complaints. So because parents cannot handle non-selection, the boys miss out on aspiring to even make the team. Instead of worrying whether your boy gets picked to rep Qld, maybe we should be encouraging them to always be proud of their efforts. If I player is good enough, they will get their shot in the end. 
boaa

boaa

Well said, it's a shame that majority of posts are becoming complaints about selection or I told u so's when they lose. The 15's just won the nationals and there were just as many people bagging the selections for that side. The fact they won barely gets a post. At the end of the day it is a team sport so selection comes down to opinion and not everyone's is the same, selectors never pick a team to lose. Hopefully the boys who miss out r honest with themselves as to why they missed out and use it as motivation to better themselves. If we feel boys other than our own were unlucky maybe acknowledge their efforts instead of bagging the boys who r selected and the selectors. 
Buddy12

Buddy12

Well said Warrior and Boaa. 
DRG62

DRG62

Well done to both the 16 & 18 Maroons yesterday, I'm quite sure that all the Lads would have enjoyed the experience but all the better with a win. Congratulations to ALL involved. 
Northfury

Northfury

Saw story on QRL homepage but can't find any stats - anyone seen any? 
ALX21

ALX21

Jack Brock to debut for the Cowboys on the bench. Well done. 
ALX21

ALX21

Well done to Jordan Drew on his NRL debut for the Broncos. 
ALX21

ALX21

Alright, so I missed out on congratulating Tevita Folau (Titans - not sure of age?) and Harry Pondekas (Broncos) on their debuts in the U20s. 
Mehz

Mehz

Apparently Jenan Parrish might be making his 20s debut next week (Titans) against the warriors. The kid deserves it. 
ALX21

ALX21

He also has the trip to NZ for AUS schoolboys so best of luck Jenan. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Keebra v st Brendan's today at wynnum 2.30 ko. Australia v nz! Lol 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Keebra 28 beat St Brendans 14. Keebra had 10 repeats from last year, 5 imports and 2 kids that were in the right grade. Well done to their recruitment team must be very proud! They beat 16-17 year olds all year, in fact I know that some schools played 15 year olds against them. Yes it's all been said before but it still doesn't make it right. 
unity

unity

That is old news saintsfc,Patrician brothers b/town won it last year with I think 2 or 3 out of there 17 players that werent 18?Good on you Keebra all the best from here in LOS ANGELEZ..CA
dont worry about the experts on the keyboard!!Man I miss the best game in the world..RUGBY LEAGUE!!!! 
boaa

boaa

Keebra also won the 13's 14's 15's and there seconds beat team 7 and 8 from the arrive alive cup. 
ALX21

ALX21

Congrats to Max Fesolai on making his debut for the Storm U20's. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181