The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Pacific Nation Cup Brisbane

saintsfc

saintsfc

Hi all,

THe Pacific nations cup is on the weekend of the 9th of October at Centenary's ground at Wacol.

I am helping out the PNG team and we are on the look out for boys to play in tournament. There will be under 16's, under 18's and under 22's.

We started training this week with a solid turn out on the night.

However we are still after some more players. If anyone knows of any boys with a PNG back ground can you please let me know on here and I will get the PNG organiser to give them a call.

We have some very good boys down there so far, Nev Blair boys and a few premier grade players. They dont have to be super stars though, just willing to have a go and represent their Country.

Thanks 
harrofam

harrofam

What are the eligibility rules for each team.One lad I know was told to try out for a certain team and yet he has no ties with that country. 
CQItalia

CQItalia

Surely PNG has enough talent in the actual country it self..... 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Its a development cup for players in the south east corner of QLD. I think this is the 3rd year of it running. I am not totally sure of the eligibility rules but i think having one grand parent is enough. Not players that have played for QLD or Aust are able to play.
The boys have come from the gold coast, aspley, D bay etc to attend training so far at Slacks Creek. There is 25 boys per squad as they will be playing 2-3 games a day. 
Gene

Gene

I think Gus Law could play U22 for you and we also have a guy who played NBS Toive Tenakanai. Contact the football office on 3263 9122 and they can help you get in contact with them. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Thanks Devils leader, Nathan Sui from the same club? He has been down to both sessions. Very good lad. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Thanks Devils leader we had Toive come down this week to training with our 18's squad. Its Liam Sui by the way, still getting use to all the new boys and I am terrible with names! lol
Alot of kids from as far as Ippy, gold coast etc, most boys are travelling from the northside to attend training at slacks creek. They are getting the train and then wakling or getting a cab to training. They are very keen to represent their country at this tournament.

Still struggling for number for the under 16's though, any names of boys would be a great help.

Thanks 
yvonnemurray

yvonnemurray

hey guys i have been asked to go and have a look at some games is there a draw anywhere i can find thanks.

i have searched the web and this is all i found . 
harrofam

harrofam

http://www.stingers.net.au

PACIFIC and INDIGENOUS CHALLENGE CUP KICKS OFF

Wests Centenary JRL to host Challenge Cup this weekend

http://www.stingers.net.au/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2Fbanner1.jpg&width=500m&height=500&bodyTag=%3Cbody%20bgColor%3D%22%23ffffff%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose%28%29%3B%22%3E%20%7C%20%3C%2Fa%3E&md5=2eb12028275793cccd90a59f3fe49632 http://www.stingers.net.au/typo3temp/pics/78d98e58d3.jpg

THE Wests Centenary Junior Rugby League grounds will this weekend http://www.stingers.net.au/index.php?id=18&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=816&tx_ttnews[backPid]=17&cHash=d9672b2f65# play host to the Pacific and Indigenous Challenge Cup.

The Cup will kick off on Friday, October 8 and continue on Saturday and Sunday, with http://www.stingers.net.au/index.php?id=18&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=816&tx_ttnews[backPid]=17&cHash=d9672b2f65# games played in the Under 16s, Under 18s and Under 22s age groups.

Queensland Rugby League registered players will be representing a range of cultures from across the Pacific and Australia, with PNG, Cook Islands, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, Tokelau, Queensland Maoris and Indigenous teams all taking part.

The first http://www.stingers.net.au/index.php?id=18&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=816&tx_ttnews[backPid]=17&cHash=d9672b2f65# game will kick off at 7.30pm on Friday night between the Pacific and Indigenous All Stars A Grade team and the Queensland Maori A Grade team.

Games will start at 9am on Saturday, while Sunday will just be semi finals and finals games.

Entry to the carnival requires only a gold coin donation.

The Wests Centenary Junior Rugby League grounds are located at 221 Grindle Road, Wacol, 4076.

For more information, visit http://www.breakthrusports.org/ www.breakthrusports.org[/SIZE] . 
yvonnemurray

yvonnemurray

thanks a lot mate i will be there friday and saturday should be good. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Will be interesting to see what players are on display as no players that are contracted to NRL club or that have played for QLD or Aust are eligible to play on the weekend as it is a development tournament.

My mail has it that there are going to be a few on display. 
harrofam

harrofam

Not sure what you mean..are you saying that there will be rep players illegally playing in this comp. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Thats correct mate, well thats what the boys are saying, that their mates that are qld and aus school boys will be playing for certain teams.

I am pretty sure it will go unnoticed by the officials on the day! 
harrofam

harrofam

I thought that was what you meant. I had heard something along those lines as well. I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run anyway. 
blackmandra

blackmandra

that is the wrong way to think. This is a development tournament, rules have been set and should be followed. Parents know of this yet do nothing and then whinge about their kids not progressing. Damn shame. 
harrofam

harrofam

Of course you are right,I am not denying that but as we are all aware apathy is the easiest route to take. 
jodesandco

jodesandco

Plenty of boys on contract playing 
PROUD

PROUD

I heard this morning the Tongan U16 side has withdrawn. Not sure of the reason, possibly not enough players. I also heard a little whisper that the Samoan U16 side will be hard to beat. Good luck to all the boys, have fun. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

simple solution to contracted players and rep players playing on the weekend, they shouldnt be allowed to take the field. All the kids know who is and isnt a rep/contracted kid.

Bad news that the tongan 16's have withdrawn thought they would have had plenty of numbers.

Samoa will be very hard to beat in 16 and 18's. 
yvonnemurray

yvonnemurray

what a shame for the comp but still should be good even with the rain i am looking forward to watching tonights game. 
harrofam

harrofam

If it's bucketing down like it is now you'll be a long way from the action if you want to stay dry. 
yvonnemurray

yvonnemurray

its ok where i am i will get drenched anyway ;) 
yvonnemurray

yvonnemurray

high qualtliy first game in the conditions u/22 qld mauris 30-png 4 it was 6-4 at half time.

i left with about 20 min to go in the all star vs mauris open game 22-10 to all stars. 
yvonnemurray

yvonnemurray

what a day today great comp well diciplined football unfortunitly the ground is a bit torn up for the finals tomorrow . 
yvonnemurray

yvonnemurray

todays finals have been called off because the ground was unsafe 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181