The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

MM & CC Cups 2013

ALX21

ALX21

Might make the Maroochydore game. Will be good to see how Central United go against Souths Logan. 
brownpad

brownpad

Couple of Gladstone boys in the central united team, have a look at the winger Wilson. I've enjoyed watching him for years and very surprised this is his first year selected for mm comp. 
sleeper

sleeper

no one is whining about it. its the question no one can answer. most people just want to know why there are two teams and other districts dont. its not development at rep level players get developed from club level., its the duty of care. i do agree and we will enjoy the footy. oh yeah its 1% chance of making to the big time as you call it. The big picture is we are loosing kids on the coast out of footy all together in the 17 age bracket. 
blackmandra

blackmandra

Sleeper you are losing kids down the coast because you guys don't look after them,not because you have 2 teams. Gc has so many talented kids but only a few get to play, even if they are not up to scratch. Give the boys a go and they might surprise. Loyalty is a two way street after all. 
brownpad

brownpad

Well heres a thought...(not sure if I have shared this info on the forum previously and too slack to check my threads) in late 2011 my son underwent a skills deficiency review based on his CC games (at sons request as he was bewildered as to why he had not been approached by any nrl clubs). He is committed, works hard, right attitude etc etc........the bloke who done the review was in the Storms senior coaching staff in the late 1990's and went on to be a duel code coach at top level I think (he knew his stuff). Now the review identified 10 areas that the boy needed to improve on and he was provided with coaching strategies on how to achieve the goals, one on one for about two hours. While it was a bit of a 'sole searching' activity for the boy initially to hear this, he worked away at the tasks. The boy developed a better understanding of (why why why not me) where he needed to be as a player to get the attention that he wanted and he it gave him a development pathway to follow overarching that of the MM requirements (he had some ownership over it all). It was bloody fantastic for someone in his situation, he did improve his playing game as well and is a much sharper player (still no nrl though but it will come if he keeps committed) this is his second year in MM....what was interesting was that the bloke who done the review could not believe that a kids who had made cc and mm selection had not every been subjected to such a review and that this should be in practice in some form or other. He talked about the missed opportunities in the code if they didn't look at this sort of thing......... I would assume all of the boys who make the elite development squads (the real ones, not the smoke screen tshirt ones) and NYC would get this opportunity of a deficiency review? would this not be true development if it was on offer? I obviously havnt thought much about the barriers of implementing this to the system (time money) Im sure there would be heaps.... 
eagle10

eagle10

How do you get one of theses deficiency test never heard of one before sounds like a good idea 
boaa

boaa

There are kids from the coast in squads in brisbane such as wynum and other 18 year olds running around in Burleigh 20's who have been overlooked for Vikings mm. There are plenty of 18 year olds on the coast capable of playing this level. One of the kids in the 20's is killing it but wasn't selected to my knowledge, considering his brother is in the side would suggest to me he missed out. So the sides they picked must have some fair players in them 
spudd

spudd

I beleive all players should get a chance to play at a higher level, but its not about just the size or strength of the player or the team, they need the skills and No.1 the experience of playing the higher level. The players aren't going to say no to the chance of playing at rep level of which this is, as to call it a development pathway when half of or more of these players are at the end of their game is ridiculous. If we are serious about the development why don't we have two 13,14 and 16 GC Viking and Kookaburra sides which would help Ipswich kids as well to give a proper pathway. I had a parent of a player that is in the team say to me I don't know how he made it but he's happy to make a rep side before he finishes playing footy as he is going to UNI next year????? as Blackmandra said we need to look after them so start early.But yes I will enjoy watching the games as I do with all rep games it is always enjoyable to see so much talent! 
stevet

stevet

After reading many of the posts about the Gold Coast MM teams it seems that early on many were exited with the prospect of another good year but then after one poor trial result they have been written off. I think that the green side that lost to Ipswich thought they only had to turn up to win the game and didn't give the opposition the respect they deserved and it came back to bite them. Even to suggest that the team was flooded with 17 year old boys and this could be a reason, well it should be noted that the Ipswich side has a high percentage of 17's and many of them aren't 17 until well after seasons end so I for one want to congratulate the Ipswich boys on upstaging their more fancied opponents and hope they continue this well into the competition proper. I also suggest that any team playing this Gold Coast green team early on turn up ready to play as I don't think their coaches will let them turn up with the same attitude again. Good Luck to all the boys and I look forward to watching the talent on display in both competitions. 
darylp

darylp

stevet.......well said. thanks 
5thnlast

5thnlast

Well said. Some clubs could learn from this outlook. By the way, Souths are the CC smokies. 
brownpad

brownpad

[QUOTE=eagle10;1484748]How do you get one of theses deficiency test never heard of one before sounds like a good idea[/QUOTE

Nor had I eagle10 until I met this bloke through work. He offered it to the boy as he could see how hard he was trying I think. Ask around, surely there has got to be some interest out there..... maybe other forum members might be able to give you some info??? 
aspleynorths

aspleynorths

Northern pride take on Townsville stingers today should be a good hit out for both teams but will also suggest that the stingers are going to be very strong in both CCc and mmc Townsville have at least 12 NYC players dropping back each week 
brownpad

brownpad

are you joking...12! would love to hear how the trial game goes today if anyone is going! 
aspleynorths

aspleynorths

I think there are 16 in total that can play so there could be more.
will be there so i will up date the scores 
aspleynorths

aspleynorths

TOWNSVILLE STINGERS CCC 23 NORTHERN PRIDE 22
Good game to watch 
aspleynorths

aspleynorths

Townsville stingers 28 northern pride nil at half time 
fabz

fabz

Full-time scores from Maroochydore today...

CC Souths Logan 38 def Central United 8
MM Souths Logan 38 def Central United 10 
aspleynorths

aspleynorths

Stingers cc def north pride 23 to 22
stingers mm def north pride 50 to 6 
brownpad

brownpad

Thanks aspleynorths appreciate that... 
hollace

hollace

Did your boy get a run 
brownpad

brownpad

Yes thanks hollace a nice chunk of the game too! Apparently quite hot today in cairns, had rain early today and hot sun after that........tropics eh! 
brownpad

brownpad

16 NYC players eligible! I suppose with capras we don't have an under 20's in the past so didn't have to deal with this......although I think capras have u21's this year.

incidently watched capras cc in trial game last night against a put together team as the scheduled teÓm pulled out. I loved the size an speed of the fwd pack. I think the fullback (correct me if ring) might have seriously injured his ankle under a high ball. 
blackmandra

blackmandra

heard that the unwanted boys from both combined MM squads down the gold coast easily put away the Redlands 20"s. They have never trained together yet were good enough to put away a group of men 2-3 years their senior,has anyone else heard anything, would love to know score and if anybody was a stand-out. 
mdrew

mdrew

Saw the first half Blackmandra, they were on top and dominated. They were all Titans contracted I believe, a few have been training with Burleigh and Seagulls colts. To be fair to the MM selectors some of the boys missed the trials and training with injuries. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Lavea for his debut 2 weeks ago. Jack Morris named for his debut for the Eels.
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
Fromthenest - Frenchville SS 46 def St Pats Gympie 4. They will play Weir SS sometime in the next fortnight.
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181