The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

MM & CC Cups 2013

Nightmare

Nightmare

Interesting that Easts have rested players if thats the case. Personally I wouldnt as a coach going into finals the next game.I understand the whole injury thing but it could cause a loss in confidence to those playing or the like.Time will tell.

Nightmare

Nightmare

Just had a quick look at the Easts CC squad and who they will play for once this comp is over.
Easts juniors - 20
St Brendans - 2
Springwood - 2
Rochdale - 1
Storm - 1 
Buddy12

Buddy12

Hmmmm...who has this comp become about- the players or the adults?
Just putting it out there. I have read this forum and chatted with friends from different teams and there seems to be a common thread....adults demonstrating some questionable behaviour. Infighting amongst parents and players, bagging of and threats against coaches, who should make QLD, adults accusing the refs of helping oust teams from the comp...this hasn't changed since 2009 ( the yr this comp started) Is this what we want for the game we love to see our kids play? Don't we just want a good standard of rugby league for our boys?
Don't forget these teams are squads of 25 so coaches can rest players and give players a go and this is the players first introduction to senior footy ( junior reps run by senior clubs) Isn't this how NRL teams operate around state of origin?
I know the end result is a trophy but is it worth all of this angst?! Some adults will really need to take stock if their boys are talented enough to be in the 1% who make the NRL. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Buddy12 – the whole point of a forum is to discuss the comp as a whole. That means all the politics including. If only the positive side was talked about people would find it boring.. Then people try and talk positively about players and their talent and state who they tip to make QLD and that gets shot down by some readers. What do you suggest should and should not be discussed on a public forum??

As for resting players, I can’t say I knock the reasoning behind it. But I will say that it is not to give others ago as yes it is a 25 man squad but some of those boys playing this week are having their first game for the season I am told. I guarantee the same boys won’t be there the following week. It’s about resting the players and really I think that’s fine and I would do the same.

Nightmare

Nightmare

Agree B.
You get 2 types of parents that act how you described.
1) Those who think their boy is a world beater and should make this rep team and that rep team 2) Those who are trying to live though their kids as they werent good enough to make it
Pretty sad state of affairs really.....
Opinions are like arseholes.....Everyone has one....Hahahaha
Good luck to all boys playing this week. 
Buddy12

Buddy12

Thanks Nightmare. That was the point I was making! I just said it a bit differently....hahahaha! 
reddyred

reddyred

"Buddy12 – the whole point of a forum is to discuss the comp as a whole. That means all the politics including. If only the positive side was talked about people would find it boring.. Then people try and talk positively about players and their talent and state who they tip to make QLD and that gets shot down by some readers. What do you suggest should and should not be discussed on a public forum??"

Nice point Warrior01...i enjoy reading peoples opinions!!

Buddy12

Buddy12

People can say what they like on a public forum. I laugh and enjoy it too.
At no time do I want this to be a mutual admiration society.
I just hope the adults have an understanding of how senior footy selections work because our young men are going to have to prove themselves week in and week out without mummy and daddy interfering! Coaches will make decisions that families won't like. As I said this is the introduction to senior footy.... 
QLDR

QLDR

Seen a few CC and MM games this year and I believe the biggest disappointments this year would be the Souths Logan CC team. This team should have had a very competitive side from Souths and Logan Bros but have been very poorly coached with poor discipline from the team. The Easts MM side are another that has failed to live up to expectation this year. This team won the CC comp two years ago but has been a shambles on the field. If the CC team is going so well using the Storm play book, why aren't the MM team doing the same. Heard rumours that players are well and truly over the coach and his entourage. 
Crash91

Crash91

From the time SL CC listed their squad it was clear that they were building for next season with the number of 15s in their squad. From record, Easts CC last year did the same with the likes of L Barr, C Pritchard, N Edowika and A Stowers (may have been one other). I see the same names for this years listing minus N Edowika out with injury. I've always been a big fan of Logan Bros, Souths because of their tough forwards. From what I've seen this year, they have nothing except for maybe one front rower. Easts MM have got nothing in the halves and only play their best forwards for a few minutes. Don't agree with Easts CC playing to lose. It's u12s footy. Good coach stink plan. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

I think with SL it has been about building. With the amount of 14/15yr olds in the team this year, and I believe there are a lot more than what has been listed in another readers posts. Just like last year’s CC SL team who ended up winning the nationals, quite a lot of the players had played the year before and I think from memory came about 6th. These players played CC the next year and became the first Qld side to win the national final. I am also told it is the coachs first time leading the reins with this age group, but believe he too will improve each year and be a fantastic coach. When they have been on, they have played pretty well with a few senior players putting in week in, week out. These younger boys are learning a lot from this platform of footy and the more experienced players in the team and will go well next year. My boy is gonna have a crack for next years CC team too so looking forward to it. Just as i was writing this Crash91 your message popped up. So we agree hahah. However as my son plays in the MM SL squad i have watched nearly every SL CC game this year and I wouldnt agree that they only have one good player. I would have Ulai, Sua, Samuels and Smith in my team anyday. Younger players such as Hicks, Campbell and Opo will be outstanding next year too. 
Crash91

Crash91

Sorry Warrior01, I was only going off two games I've seen. SL MM if they maintain coach and players should have a good run along with the CCs? 
Warrior01

Warrior01

That’s al good mate, we all have our opinions just thought Id throw in who I think has lead by example in the team each and every week. Sua and Samuels have played CC before and you can tell. Ulai is a tough little player, who I was surprised didn’t make maroons last year and Smith, although younger will be one to watch next year and in the 15s state titles this year. I will be at the tournament this year and cant wait to see the SL boys in action after having this experience. Next year SL MM will be right up there. Fai is looking at being even more damaging than before injury. Actually his brother is in CC too and pretty decent looking player. As its easy to be impartial when its your kids team I don’t comment as much on MM, but will say that even though their finishing wouldn’t tell the story, I believe at least 6 of the boys in this team are gonna go on to big things in their chosen sport. 
Ballplayer7

Ballplayer7

Warrior1, are you saying that SL don't have enough quality players in their respective age divisions that they have to pick 15year olds? They have been doing this since the comp began years ago trying to win the thing rather than develop players to that standard. It's not as if their junior clubs have not been in premier division, in fact Souths and LB have consistently been in the top half of junior competition ladders in U13/14. 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Ok, so im not the coach so don’t know exactly but can say from others opinions that it wasn’t that there was a lack of players in their respective age division, but maybe a lack of commitment and attitude for rep footy in this age group, meaning in respect to trainings and fitness?? Im not really sure how your statement that they have been doing it since the comp began makes sense. So you think they would rather try and win every two years than be competitive each year? I don’t see the logic. I believe they still have been competitive from what I have seen and showed that last week only losing to the 2nd placed team by 2 points in the last 5 mins. GC white scored two of their tries from penalties 5 meters from their line. One thing about SL if you look at their players, I guarantee you they have played in their regions most of their junior footy years. 
bigbear

bigbear

With Easts CC resting so many players it just about hands GCwhite the victory and a passage into the finals.Obviously Easts didnt want to give Norths any chance of making the finals.Easts are not using the rotation policy ,all those boys rested will be back in for the first round of the semis.Coach Wayne Adams knows exactly what he is doing He has chosen to win not to rotate .With the Gold Coast entering two sides in both the CC/MM demonstrates they chose to develope .They still have a chance of both CC/MM white sides making the finals depending on results this weekend.If they adopted the win policy and only put in one cc/mm side they would not be guaranteed of winning the comps but they would be a lot more competitive than they are while having two sides in each competition.All the best to all sides entering the last round. 
ALX21

ALX21

@Warrior01 "With the amount of 14/15yr olds in the team this year, and I believe there are a lot more than what has been listed in another readers posts."

Please feel free to add to the list. 
allflex

allflex

Any cc scores from tonight 
Ballplayer7

Ballplayer7

Souths and Ipswich draw in CC 14 all.
Ipswich defeat Souths in MM 24 -10 I think. 
jt06

jt06

what a disaster year for SL MM honestly I think there 6,7and 9 are not up to the standard of other teams.Watching them week after week the 6 loves to hog the ball and the 9 is too slow, the team must change next year or they will have the same problems.I would never pick them to be wooden spooners this year 
Jscsp

Jscsp

Any updates from toowoomba and capras cc 
eagle10

eagle10

Any score from easts v gc in cc 
eagle10

eagle10

Found out score east won 17 -16 
Jughead

Jughead

Any score updates in the mal meninga game? 
satriza

satriza

Clydesdales 32 beat Capras 6 in CC. Great effort by the Clydesdales! 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181