The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

MM & CC Cups 2013

Jughead

Jughead

Does anyone know the MM score in the norths and Easts game?? 
FishEater

FishEater

norths won in mm 34 - 24 
mdrew

mdrew

Apologies Que it was 18-16, did not think my maths was that bad 
brownpad

brownpad

http://thenzwarriorsonline.com/ is where Leaguelover will be posting about MM & CC in the sub group to Brisbane 2nd division....come have a look at the format, its the same as the old rleague. 
eagle10

eagle10

What are the odds of easts resting all there players in cc against Gold Coast white next week

mdrew

mdrew

GC would be hoping that that is the case, as I think that they are sitting second 
eagle10

eagle10

I think easts would rather gc rather then norths in there 
Nightmare

Nightmare

Eagle10 I'm not 100% sure about resting players but I would be very surprised if they did.
To go through unbeaten in this comp would be one hell of an achievement.

Warrior01

Warrior01

Its happened before, where a team forfeited to try and benefit another team getting in. But i think the way the coach has coached some of these players he has, he would be confident in beating Norths or GC White to be honest. I heard how stacked they were and all that but in all honesty i watch the team and its not about individual brillance (besides a couple of the boys) it is about how that team plays as a unit. 
bigbear

bigbear

H you and a couple of others have mentioned that QLD players travel down to NSW to play in the equivalent cc/mm competitions. Please enlighten me with examples and numbers. Numbers could be as high as 20 plus NSW players playing in the cc/mm Gold Coast sides.Take them out to form a northern rivers side and the discussion starts all over again should the Gold Coast have to field two sides in each grade.On a lighter note what a performence by CC Gold Coast green against redcliffe on saturday. 
eagle10

eagle10

Agree about how easts play very well drilled from warm up all the way through the game ,great structure everyone has a job to do and the do it ,good use of decoy runners block plays etc. 
eagle10

eagle10

Also I'm hoping they want to go through undefeated because I want to see norths go further 
ALX21

ALX21

Easts (QLD) v South Sydney (NSW) U16 Final? 
Nightmare

Nightmare

Believe you me they have structured the CC side on the back of the Storm team.Everyone has a job to do and they know it.Ive seen better individual players in other sides but its all about working as a unit. 
BigHitter98

BigHitter98

If that's the case with the CC side, what are the MM side being based on, the Penrith Panthers maybe. I've seen this CC side play 3 times this year and they play better each time I see them. Agree that they are very well drilled and play as a unit. The coach has done a great job with moulding the team and the way they play. The only team I thought were stacked was Norths and they were well outplayed last Saturday by Easts. Why wouldn't the coach rest players this week against GC White, they would have to be beaten by at least 140 points to be knocked from 1st place in their pool. Unfortunately, they control Norths future in the comp but with all the infighting at the mighty devils, they have failed to deliver in this comp. 
Nightmare

Nightmare

BH, you might be onto something there.Not too sure if you realise but they have different coaches,hence different structures.Not every coach agrees that a certain style suits their team,this maybe one of those instances.
Again I would be very surprised if they rest players and risk losing.Been wrong before !!!!!!!! 
Warrior01

Warrior01

With all respect, Norths have not failed to deliver in the comp as coming 2nd is still very much success and their boys are all from the area so wouldnt say they were stacked either? 
Warrior01

Warrior01

and thats coming 2nd at the moment, they are not out of the race to win the comp. 
BigHitter98

BigHitter98

QRL website has Norths in 3rd place on 8 points and GC White 2nd on 10 points. The loss we had against GC Green may bite the devils hard after this week 
ALX21

ALX21

Added Christian Power to U15’s List

[U]Easts:[/U] Kalyn Ponga
[U]Redcliffe:[/U] Tony Hunt
[U]Ipswich:[/U] Blake Lenehan, Daniel Ioane, Efitusi Ma'afu, Liam Pakau
[U]Townsville:[/U] Marshall Hudson, Christian Power
[U]Souths Logan:[/U] Campbell Pirihi, Hisiu Hicks, Sato Ketia Opo, Syd Smith
[U]Toowoomba:[/U] Will O'Gradey, Zane Willshire
[U]Northern:[/U] Adrian Wright-Brown, Jake Clifford, James Clark, Jason Chapman, Johann Turner, Michael Carroll, Quinlyn Cannon, Steven Tatipata, Fraser Cotton
[U]Mackay:[/U] Rueben Cotter
[U]Central United:[/U] Jack Kennedy
[U]Wynnum:[/U] Daniel Brownbill
[U]CQ Capras:[/U] Jack Glossop
[U]Gold Coast:[/U] Baylee Gerrard 
BigHitter98

BigHitter98

Warrior1, no disrespect intended to the Norths team, my point was they have a good bunch of players who have been long time in the Norths teams with many rep players in the side. Have heard plenty about what went wrong against GC Green with a couple of parents getting into each other afterwards playing the blame game. That type of attitude from parents is very poor and I feel after talking to some other parents within the team that maybe some of the players are over the Norths v Aspley mentality. The only player from outside the system would be Lachlan Lanskey who is not from Brisbane but with the Broncos. Have also heard Easts have 2 players who have relocated to Brisbane who are Melbourne Storm linked but that is what happens when clubs have an NRL affiliation. 
eagle10

eagle10

Want to know what went wrong with norths ,they train doing structure work decoy runners,putting the ball in the in goal to get a repeat set of six etc ,come game time all the individual stars take over and throw the game plan out the window and coaches and selectors are too spineless too tell them any different or sit them down for a week as for some of their reserve forwards one has been killing grass all comp but week in week out he is in the team 
bigbear

bigbear

Easts v GC white CC.Easts are a very well balanced side.Coach Wayne Adams has done a very good job following the STORM hand book.Players easts need to watch are the two gc white front rowers especially keegan hipgrove.When the going gets tough look for him to take the run or pull off the tackle needed.The other one to watch is the 5/8 eathon roberts.Limit these boys to the least amount of touches you can and that will go along way towards a easts victory.Be very surprized if Hipgrove is not one of the front rowers selected for QLD. 
Nightmare

Nightmare

Cant wait for Saturdays game bigbear.I will keep an eye out for the 2 you mentioned.You are 100% right about the Storm.
I was also told tonight the bulk of the CC team will be backing up for the Easts u/16's Premier grade team and be hard to beat.I dare say with Cameron & Torpy coaching they will structure that club side in a similar manner. 
Viking64

Viking64

eagle10 you might be right about Easts resting players, just had look at the team named for this weekend. Looks as though they have rested 1,6,7,8,12 & 13 from the squad that played against North. 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181