The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

MM & CC Cups 2013

Viking64

Viking64

Hello everyone, first time post. I had the pleasure to see a couple of the CC games - East v Wynnum & GC White v Ipswich. I think credit to all the boys to play to the standard they did is such woeful conditions. Re the East/Wynnumm game, good on Wynnumm coming out as strong as they did, a far better performance than their trial game. Re the GC/Ipswich game, Ipswich started strong but the GC combinations showed through giving them the momentum to take out a comfortable win in the end. In both games even though it was very wet the pace of the game was still high showing the level that these boys are at. Well done all round. 
mdrew

mdrew

Agree Viking 64, I saw only the GC White/Ipswich game but considering the terrible conditions very good effort from all. 
Derfla

Derfla

Agree Viking64. Wynnum consists of Capalaba boys who competed well in prems last season. They are a threat to the cc comp. There is no easy game in the southern comp in both age groups. 
Mehz

Mehz

Does anyone know when the oceanics trials are for south coast u18's? 
harrofam

harrofam

Welcome to the forum Viking64.I look forward to reading your future posts. 
brownpad

brownpad

Hi. Viking64, welcome 
eagle10

eagle10

Will they have a double header too make up the cancelled games from the weekend 
john.swift

john.swift

Aparently this Thursday at Palm Beach Currumbin High School 
Warrior01

Warrior01

Which game is this for. any info about other teams who were cancelled. 
brownpad

brownpad

Round 2 MM & CC team lists are posted on QRL website. Unfortunately I have a new computer and windows 8 is giving me jib......I cant copy the link. 
hollace

hollace

Well done to your boy for making the Townsville MM side, a lot of hard work put inby him to make what looks on paper one of the sides to beat not only in the Northern half but the overall comp. 
brownpad

brownpad

Good on you hollace! I haven't seen the team play yet but thinking taking a little drive on the weekend...... 
harrofam

harrofam

http://admin.nrl.sportal.net.au/site/_content/document/00003835-source.pdf Round 2 Connell & Meninga Cup Teams 
Nightmare

Nightmare

I will be at the Easts V GC game tomorrow. See if all the hype about a few players is on the money.....
Expectations are HIGH.. 
fabz

fabz

I missed Cannon from last weeks list & Tatipata joins the growing list of 15s in CC to watch... Good luck boys. 
ALX21

ALX21

Anymore 15's named?

[U]Easts:[/U] Kalyn Ponga
[U]Redcliffe:[/U] Tony Hunt
[U]Ipswich:[/U] Blake Lenehan, Daniel Ioane, Efitusi Ma'afu, Liam Pakau
[U]Townsville:[/U] Marshall Hudson
[U]Souths Logan:[/U] Campbell Pirihi, Hisiu Hicks, Sato Ketia Opo, Syd Smith
[U]Toowoomba:[/U] Will O'Gradey, Zane Willshire
[U]Northern:[/U] Adrian Wright-Brown, Jake Clifford, James Clark, Jason Chapman, Johann Turner, Michael Carroll, Quinlyn Cannon, Steven Tatipata, Fraser Cotton
[U]Mackay:[/U] Rueben Cotter
[U]Central United:[/U] Jack Kennedy
[U]Wynnum:[/U] Daniel Brownbill
[U]CQ Capras:[/U] Jack Glossop
[U]Gold Coast:[/U] Baylee Gerrard 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Clubs shouldn't be allowed to pick 15 year olds for cc. They will have their turn next year. 
GavinMiller

GavinMiller

Usually I'd disagree with that comment saintfc - with the old adage that is they are good enough they are older enough and therefore if they make the team on merit than so be it.
But with these 15s wouldn't they start to run into Regional training for their school team in preparation for the 15Yrs State Championship. I am not sure how they would juggle both.

There seems a high number of 15 yr olds involved, a lot more than previous years (I could be wrong though). Perhaps this is further evidence of the strength in this age group across the State. 
Nightmare

Nightmare

Couldnt agree more with you GM.These elite competitions are great for the development of junior rugby league in QLD.Some will say that the boys will have too much of a work load but thats for coaches/parents to keep in check.
I honestly feel introducing these comps in QLD is best thing the state has done outside the Broncos getting a start 25yrs ago.Nothing better than watching the elite players showcasing their abilities.

And for the record, NO my son is years off playing CC if his even good enough.So my opinion is purely based on what I believe is the best oportunity for these young boys/men. 
stevet

stevet

Interesting comment do you also believe that the players coming out of CC should wait for their turn in MM as well. We should remember that all kids develop at different rates, some are ready physically earlier than others while others skill level brings them into contention that year earlier and as always it should be a case by case decision. In the Ipswich junior comp there is no U15 age group they go straight from 14s to what is called open age covering 15-16 years which is good for the fact that it tests those boys born early on in the year that have been beating up on others up to 11 months their junior for the past however many years and also those kids that develop at that 11-13 year age group it shows up weather they are still going to be as effective when they are not the biggest on the paddock. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

MM is a comp for 17-18 year old, cc is for 16's, there is a difference.
Also I dont agree with Nightmare that the broncos are the best thing to happing in 25 years, they have killed senior footy in the state. 
stevet

stevet

I think your half right MM is U18 & CC is U16. As for the Broncos the best thing is they opened the door for more Qld teams in a national comp which is still yet to happen but they were that initial step 
nodd

nodd

Really?

They are the ones who don't want another team in QLD. 
aspleynorths

aspleynorths

stingers mm def sunny coast pretty easy but there is much to improve on 
que

que

CC 34-18 to Norths v Gold Coast White. Good win Norths...MM 18-12 28 mins to go... 

Recent Rugby League Posts

Fromthenest - Frenchville SS will play Kingston SS in Qld Final.
ALX21 - Congrats to Sam Swift (Titans) for his debut.
KristinWatkins - Watch outstanding International Rugby sports South Africa v Argentina online free HD streaming live Present season. Watch this sport live...
Awks - And 2 years of the 8 my 2 nephews have been members.. Congratulations to the u12s in the finals win over nsw 26-6
sportsnews30 - It’s Australia vs New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup on Saturday.The match is slated to start at 8 p.m. AEST (10 p.m. NZST, 10 a.m. GMT) at...
sportsnews30 - Taranaki vs Counties Manukau live stream Rugby 2014 online streaming & TV Channels. We must be ensure you the best online Rugby Live stre...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181