The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Greater Brisbane Junior Rugby League Comps

harrofam

harrofam

Now that the MM and CC Cup comps are over I think that there will be plenty of us on here wanting to talk on this thread about the numerous comps in the http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-2471-0-0-0 Greater Brisbane Junior Rugby League Inc . It's not limited to any particular age group. Any thoughts on the comps from U'6's to Nev Blair are welcome here. 
View all 549 comments
saintsfc

saintsfc

The kids have got letters and phone calls. They meet at red hill on tues for a camp til the game. I only know of 4 boys that have been picked. 6 Souths boys in stingers and 2 in the brOncos. 
footy90

footy90

Would be hard for Souths to quarantine those boys seeing that they are Easts Affiliate club juniors and have been in Easts development squads for 2 years now. 
harrofam

harrofam

GBJRL PRESENTATION NIGHT WINNERS

Congratulations to this year's award winners

http://www.stingers.net.au/index.php?eID=tx_cms_showpic&file=uploads%2Fpics%2Fist2_3067965-trophy-on-white-with-path.jpg&width=500m&height=500&bodyTag=%3Cbody%20bgColor%3D%22%23ffffff%22%3E&wrap=%3Ca%20href%3D%22javascript%3Aclose%28%29%3B%22%3E%20%7C%20%3C%2Fa%3E&md5=1a56df6a80f4a17ac747fddf5be5a033 http://www.stingers.net.au/typo3temp/pics/ee35c3d612.jpg
THE Greater Brisbane Junior Rugby League capped off another great season at the annual awards dinner last night.
The presentation was held at the Souths Acacia Sports Club with GBJRL officials and sponsors joining with representatives of the junior clubs to see out the year and celebrate the achievements of the players.
The premiership winners for the year were acknowledged before the individual winners were honoured by the audience.
Download a full list of award winners and premership winning teams by clicking on the documents below.
Congratulations to all award winners and clubs

Files: http://www.stingers.net.au/typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/media/fileicons/pdf.gif http://www.stingers.net.au/uploads/media/GBJRL_2011_Award_Winners.pdf GBJRL_2011_Award_Winners.pdf http://www.stingers.net.au/typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/media/fileicons/pdf.gif http://www.stingers.net.au/uploads/media/GBJRL_2011_Premiership_Winners.pdf GBJRL_2011_Premiership_Winners.pdf 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Still nothing on the stingers site about the game Thursday night v broncos. That site has fallen away big time this year with the info and updates. Anyone have any team news? 
SouthsCoach

SouthsCoach

Stingers will line up as:
1. Mitchell Treleavan
2. Jasiah Loane
3. Josh Kerr
4. Duff ? (Not Sure of Surname)
5. Jerry Hill
6. Lauchlan Lewis
7. Jayden Nikiorima
8. Sam Lavea
9. Darnel Peepe
10. George Fai
11. Simione Fatafehi
12. Jordan Mago
13. Tarahawaiki Kaumoana
Interchange:
Braydon Pearse
JJ Collins
Sonny Muvoe
Sage Valaau

Coach: Wayne Bretherton 
burabon

burabon

Any ideas of Broncos line up tonight 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Duff from capalaba ?? Surely there are better options then him for centre running around in Brisbane. The kid is a prop. Selectors are weird sometimes! 
SouthsCoach

SouthsCoach

Yes its Duff from Capalaba, not sure on other Centres from Brisbane...
He has been one of the best players at training & will be strong on the right edge for us...
I think all the boys deserve thier spot! They have picked up different structures really quick & well...
Looking forward to tonight!!! 
bretho

bretho

Sione Hola has been given a chance tonite to show his wears and I think from a Coaches perspective he is solid in our structure and maybe plays out of position in his club games at div 1 level. Mitchell Trealevan is usually a halfback but fulfills a role for us tonite at fullback. Sometimes Coaches and Selectors think outside the square and that is not a bad thing. Should be a good game tonite regardless of who plays. 
saintsfc

saintsfc

yea nothing against the kid at all, he is probably the best kid in div 1 south running around.
I am sure he will give the opposing centre some nightmares tonight. Looking forward to the game! I will come and say hi to you Bretho after the game. Wont interrupt you before hand mate. Good luck to all involved.

Still no news on the Broncos line up? All i know from that team is who is one of the props! lol 
saintsfc

saintsfc

Most of the Broncs have never met each other before Tuesday. The stingers kids have been playing against or with each other for years. All logan front row, all souths back row. The Stingers forward back is pretty awesome. Qld player cant make the starting line up!
Is it 7pm yet!! 
saintsfc

saintsfc

32-22 to the broncos. Very even game. Broncs scoring after the full time hooter to ceil victory. Both teams should be very proud of themselves. 
burabon

burabon

Sounded like a close game, anyone have a rundown of the match 
footy90

footy90

Leave some answers for the press conference. 
cherylab58

cherylab58

good 1 
harrofam

harrofam

Why did you delete your post bretho.Don't worry about what other people on here may say.Stick to your guns,if you think it's worth saying then say it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciated your review on last nights game. 
footy90

footy90

Was just kidding you around mate. Put your post back up 
blackmandra

blackmandra

heard fullback for broncos was ok, nothing to write home about but had a good game considering he plays a different position normally.Congratulations goes out to stingers selectors again for picking such a great squad. Oh and to Scott Lewis for his influence on getting half the boys into the team. Good to see he is still getting it right. They should make him a selector again. 
bretho

bretho

I don't understand how we got it right in the forwards but were let down in the backs. Kayne & Junior I thought were two of the Broncos best and I thought if they were in the Stingers side on our edges and maybe a shuffle on the bench, there would have been a different result I'm sure. Some players defensive displays maybe have put a ruler through them for future selections. And I would like to have a look at a couple of outside backs for consideration next year. To the selectors credit they have acknowleged that maybe a few boys were out of their depth the other nite. 
AriGold

AriGold

Hey guys and gals.

Is there any fields still open on inner north side? I need a training field for 2 teams next tues and thurs. A lot of fields are closing to start redressing them for next year and am not having much luck getting any training space under lights. 
blackmandra

blackmandra

i was being sarcastic, would be nice to see the stingers selectors picking the squads without outside influence. 
cherylab58

cherylab58

I think a lot of people would agree to that, who are 2012 selectors 
blackmandra

blackmandra

they need a whole new panel off selectors.i still can't get over a qld front rower sitting on the bench. good enough to go to perth to represent qld, but not good enough for stingers.lol. Why have a prems comp. at all when they pick boys playing div.1, div.2 players. seriously is that the best 5/8 in all of brisbane? what about that boy Max who plays for Logan Brothers or that boy kyle from souths.these two would have been better options. 
jgree133

jgree133

Hey guys this seems like the thread to ask this question, i'm currently attending UQ in st lucia this year but im staying at a residential college on campus because i'm from south west Queensland

Next year I want to get back into league after four years playing union at private schools and am wondering if you could recommend a club that is nearby that i could sign up for. Hopefully it would be apart of a under 20's league and i'm looking for a club probably not in the top tier of teams, as I am looking more for a casual team. 
harrofam

harrofam

You would be better asking this question in the Brisbane 2n Division forum http://forums.rleague.com/posts/forumdisplay.php?88-Brisbane-2nd-Division . The u/20 comps are under the jurisdiction of the Brisbane 2nd division not the junior league [GBRL]. I'm from the Northside and so don't know much about the St Lucia and surrounding area clubs.One of the regular posters on the 2nd div forum should be able to answer your question.
http://forums.rleague.com/posts/showthread.php?59066-Greater-Brisbane-Junior-Rugby-League-Comps 
Footyoyeoye

Footyoyeoye

U12s prem comp 2014... There is a lot of speculation whether it's just top 4 north & top 4 southside teams from last year that will compete in a cross river comp this year. Anyone know anymore? Thoughts? I have heard quite a few teams have objected. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

TheSportDoctor - I like the concept of the draft. It would even the competition out and allow hope for those teams who are really bad each year. I know th...
ALX21 - Law-Cobbo, Turnbull, Dixon, Nagas and Conway were the best for the Probables, while Renouf, Burns, Cox, Simpson, Trindall, Fifita and McC...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
sschedule - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...
livesportsinfo - Live Australia Wallabies vs South Africa Springboks online HD streaming tv info, video, score, preview, highlights, result. Rugby 2014 wa...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181