The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

RLIS has a blog!

druzik

druzik

Rugby League International Scores welcomes you to its new blog!

Daniel Andruczyk will publish weekly his thoughts on the international game drawing on his personal experiences and interactions with people in the world of rugby league. Topics will cover a range of subjects such as the structure of rugby league internationally to discussing results from around the world and views on the sport in general.

So I hope that you will join me weekly to read and discuss the latest topics relating to rugby league. 
User666074

User666074

ill be there 
druzik

druzik

The International Season is here!

Who said that Rugby League is not an international sport! The second half of the rugby league international calendar kicked off last Saturday, 10th October, in Sydney with the Australian Mediterranean Cup (AMC). This tournament involved 4 teams, Italy A (the proper Italian team is involved in another tournament), Greece, Malta and Portugal. The first round saw the Greeks and Italians have strong wins and on the weekend the final played with the Greeks defeating the Italians 32-10.

[url=http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog]read more 
keighleyweb

keighleyweb

Sounds good. 
druzik

druzik

The next blog is up.

"4 Ways to Fix International Rugby League - Part 1"

Over the next several days I talk about what I would to to make the international game more competitive and marketable.

[url=http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog]click here 
CQItalia

CQItalia

Good blog again, agree with all points, especially eligibility, possibly hav a minimum domestic rule in there, for the squad/lineup 
druzik

druzik

Well that is a more subtle thing to work out for later ... but that eligibility needs to be cleaned up and enforced.

Stay tuned for tomorrows blog. 
CQItalia

CQItalia

Especially, with I'm assuming the $$$ PNG or Cook Islands can get from it.

Would be useful for either of their domestic comps / development, or for PNG to possibly set up a QCup team in the future... 
druzik

druzik

Actually BDGS23 Hayne should never have been allowed to play for Fiji since hayne was in the 2007 Aussie team and played Origin in 2007, no?

So it was Fiji abusing the rule there... see we need the consistency across the whole board for every country... I am not discriminating against anyone in that post.
2007 -Australia
2008 -Fiji
2009 -Australia

Jennings is another who should not be playing for Australia after he reped Tonga last year.
2008 - Tonga
2009 - Australia

Moimoi shoudl not have played for New Zealand ever! He played the 2006 Federation shield for Tonga (all were considered test matches) and went to court to get to play on the disastrous 2007 tour... dont get me wrong he's a nice guy I got to meet him in Paris and have a beer or 10 with him but then in 2008 tried to get a court order again to play for Tonga which rightly was refused until if Tonga made the semis... they didnt and he ditched Tonga for their positional play off... or was not selected for what ever reasosn... My point is that technically in 2008 he was made available for Tonga again and now again is playing for new zealand.
2006 - Tonga
2007 - New Zealand
2008 - Tonga
2009 - New Zealand
Now tell me that is not a farce?! 
druzik

druzik

I have ideas on this, there will be a blog next tuesday on this... actaully on the new teams and bids in general. 
druzik

druzik

4 WAYS TO FIX INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE - PART 2

Today I continue my thoughts on how to fix the sport internationally. Yesterday I talked about the player eligibility and also rule unification. Today I talk about the structure of the governing body and also begin to discuss a meaningful international structure.

http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog

please leave some of you're thoughts and comments in the comments section of the blog 
Watnow

Watnow

If going on form Fui Fui will be playing for Tonga next year, and Jaryd will be playing for Fiji. :lol:

But all jokes aside it has to be cleaned up. Dan another thing that will have to be cleaned is the current status of SoO i.e Neville Costigan wants to play with the Kumuls but because he also wants to play Origin can't. This my pet hate. 
CQItalia

CQItalia

Origin isn't international, ARL has enough players, but they still make their own rules 
druzik

druzik

Yes it will have to be cleaned up.

I have long argued that the State of Origin in its current form needs to die... actually the whole structure of the NRL needs to be revamped.

I will have a blog on this soon actually... I first have to make sure I have covered all bases before posting anything. 
druzik

druzik

Origin as far as I can see is about having the best of the best... which is why its considered to be "the pinacle" but they then hijack the players into the australian team.

Either make Origin only open to people that are genuinly eligible for Australia and give meaningful internationals for everyone else... or ... dont make origin a selection criteria for the national team and have anyone play for them... so the Benji marchals and Nevil costigans can play in origin without fear of not playing for their non-australian countries. 
Watnow

Watnow

Exactly what I was getting at 
pods

pods

All we need is an alternative to Origin... such as a yearly NZ v PAC Islands United series or NZ v PNG - or which ever Pac Island wins the Pacific Cup or a North v South kinda thing... take your pick. 
CQItalia

CQItalia

Pacific Islands Vs NZ - Origin, would be good 
Watnow

Watnow

The problem is that a lot of clubs won't release there players for a NZ vs Pacific Islanders game (but will for Origin).There has been rumours about this for the pacific cup. Another thing is the different Cultures in the Pacific team Tonga and Samoa being a example of this
It was suggested a while ago to have a Auckland vs the Rest of New Zealand SoO type deal. 
druzik

druzik

Hence why Origin needs to be turffed in it current format... its quite easy to sort all this around without effecting the TV deals etc either. 
druzik

druzik

http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog/index.php/2009/10/4-ways-to-fix-international-rugby-league-part-3/ 4 Ways to Fix International Rugby League Part 3

October 31st, 2009
By Daniel Andruczyk

In the last two blogs I have looked at three out of four points on how to improve the international game. One is to unify the rules, second is to clean up the player eligibility rules, third to professionalise the RLIF. Today I continue outlining my fourth point, my solution to fixing the international schedule. I look in detail of how the regional and pan global tournaments would work.

http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog 
CQItalia

CQItalia

Had a read of it, looks very well done. Dan for RLIF President

Also possibly add a Nines or 7's World Tournament 
druzik

druzik

Yeah... that may be the one issue with what I have at the moment ... where to fit in the 9's tournaments (I think RL7's are a bit of a waste... 9's are better from what I have seen). 
druzik

druzik

http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog/index.php/2009/11/4-ways-to-fix-international-rugby-league-part-4/ 4 Ways to Fix International Rugby League Part 4

November 1st, 2009
By Daniel Andruczyk

Today Tours are discussed and how they fit into the grand scheme of things with the four year cycle and finally a summary of the last week of blogs.

To read more click [url=http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog]here . 
druzik

druzik

http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog/index.php/2009/11/november-begins-with-a-bang/ November Begins With a Bang!

November 9th, 2009
By Daniel Andruczyk

The first weekend of November saw the continuation of the 4 Nations and the final conclusions to the European Nations Cup... http://www.rugbyleagueinternationalscores.com/blog read more . 

Recent Rugby League Posts

ALX21 - RD 21 SquadsBulldogs15 D.MaroskeStorm14 J.Turpin15 C.GaloRaiders6 L.LewisBroncos5 E.Alick6 J.Nikorima14 W.BrimsonCowboys6 T.Carucci7 C.Ba...
Fromthenest - Well there you go. Apparently Wide Bay's final is being played Thursday between Norville SS of Bundy and St Pat's Gympie. I am lead to be...
seaeagles - your post is a good while back now,but I think you are on to a good thing there.i am based on the southern tip of the central coast(ex-Sy...
OutbackEyes - CAIRNS FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND 2014 Tassell Trophy Club Challenge Under 14’s Carnival will be held at Vico Oval, Irene St Mooroobool, Cairns...
Leblancboys - Carina have had a number of season ending injuries and a coaching crisis mid year which can hurt the boys. East have been struggling for ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
tarifsetu - Saturday 6 September 2014, Australia vs South Africa live rugby streaming online championship 2014 match watch HD TV broadcast Full Free ...
ALX21 - Cowboys should lock Marshall Hudson in for a few years. One to keep an eye on.

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php53include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php181