The world of Rugby League.

rleague.com

Leprechauns only at the Australia vs.Ireland match.Stadium full of the

footyfanatic

footyfanatic

The Limerick leprechauns were out in huge numbers to barrack the Irish in the recent game against the Australian Rugby League team for the World Cup.Their numbers swelled the stadium with the turnstiles registering 125,666 paying leprechauns patrons to only 87 full sized Irish.This is a world record leprechaun attendance at any sporting fixture.Paddy O'Brian commented after the match that "we could haf squeezed in half a million if the price was one tenth of full fare instead of only half.The International Rugby League should have a long hard look at itself in the mirror at squandering this golden opportunity to register 500,000 paying Leprachauns .Limerick was full of fans who boycotted the game because of the ridiculous £2 admission.Ten of us can fit on one seat ,so why not cut the admission even more?"
The game itself saw Australia beat the Irish 50-0 in what was really just a training sessions for the giant Australians.Despite the lop sided score the thunderous applause of the crowd could be heard as far away as across the road.Shorn Mulligan,publican of the "Wee Willie Footballers
Retreat" after the game:"I had no idea there was a game on across the road till I heard the faint chanting,Eire,Eire,Eire at ten to six.I knew then there would be a big crowd come drinking after the game so I rang for additional staff.This was nigh impossible on a Saturday night so all my extended family had to operate the kegs.Luckily though one pint of Guiness is enough to make 10 leprechauns full or otherwise we could not have handled that stampede of thirsty customers after the game.
Michael Fitzpatrick a local footy fan after the game commented: "I wish they had this World Cup every year and all the games in Ireland.After all ,we invented football back in 982 A.D. when Olaf Gunnadson kicked the severed head of his rival into the green ,and as it rolled one of his kinsmen kicked it thus starting off the very first football game."
World Cup officials were mulling over this idea over lunch on Sunday but were tight lipped about the outcome. 

You need to login or register to contribute here

Recent Rugby League Posts

OutbackEyes - The Venues and Match Details for next weekend's Connell and Meninga Cup semi-finals.The respective winners will meet in the state finals....
ALX21 - Also Dawson Cross made the Wide Bay team @eileen.
ALX21 - NYC RD 7 Squads Titans 17 J.Wedderburn-Parish Cowboys 17 C.Hess Broncos 2 E.Alick 6 J.Nikorima 7 W.Brimson 17 G.Fai
BobRiley - Did qld ever win a origin match after the hooter
showaheart - Any headgear is good headgear, my only advice is to buy something he wants to wear, the hardest thing I found with the young one's, is ge...
Footyfreak1971 - Yes it will be interesting to see I how many boys will be picked from the zone teams in 14s. I don't think we will see many, because ther...
grandad - I played for taxation in early 60's and i'm sure there was a team from mail exchange
Northqld - What about with the u/15 QAS team, are they too only made up of contracted players??? Not sure about that. Do they get to play at any ot...

Game by Game Discussions

Table 'rleague.meeting' doesn't exist
SELECT m.SportID as CategoryID, 'SportID' as CategoryType, m.Name as MeetingName, e.Name as EventName, m.MeetingID, e.EventID, e.EventNumber, e.StartTime, e.ForumPosts as Posts FROM `event` e INNER JOIN meeting m ON m.MeetingID = e.MeetingID WHERE NOT e.`Status` = 'closed' AND e.EndTime > UTC_TIMESTAMP() AND (m.SportID = 4 AND m.Removed = 0) AND (ISNULL(OrderIndex) OR OrderIndex <= 100) GROUP BY e.EventID ORDER BY e.StartTime LIMIT 20
backtrace/var/www/html/core/master.php800mc/var/www/html/data/forumPosts.php737loadUpcomingEvents/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php160Process/var/www/html/api/v2/api.php75Run/var/www/html/core/master.php866renderSlats/var/www/html/rleague/Forum_Right.php52include_once/var/www/html/Forum.php168